Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

60 > 75 Upgrade now $2k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i have coils on mine. After driving the air loaner i can definitely feel the "floaty" feeling so glad i went with coils for the driving feel (came from a BMW so used to the slightly harsher ride).

I do envy people who can lower their cars though -- my wheel gap is way too big :(

Does anyone know the first manufacturing date for Model S 70s that can be upgraded to 75s? I have a May 2015 delivery that doesn't show any upgrade available on the "My Tesla" page. Just out of curiosity, where on the page do see the upgrade offer?

Last edited:
Does anyone know the first manufacturing date for Model S 70s that can be upgraded to 75s? I have a May 2015 delivery that doesn't show any upgrade available on the "My Tesla" page. Just out of curiosity, where on the page do see the upgrade offer?

70s shipped with a 70kwh battery - they cannot be software upgraded.
60s shipped with a 75 battery artificially limited.

Has there been a precedent set for that (with Tesla)?
I don't know of any. They might take into account the price you paid for 60 vs what someone payed for 75 at that time. I think the 60 was pretty cheap back then.
Still, sh!t happens mate, don't let it worry you. When I was first shopping for my car I got my finance sorted then the price jumped $20K due to exchange rate change :-(

New price structure ... with all glass roof included :cool:

upload_2017-4-16_23-55-42.png

Still, sh!t happens mate, don't let it worry you. When I was first shopping for my car I got my finance sorted then the price jumped $20K due to exchange rate change :-(
It doesn't really worry me as much as it just irritates me. I'm about to drop $20K on some powerwalls, we have a model 3 reservation and I was looking at replacing my S with an X. I'm thinking it might be best to just stick with the S, forget the powerwalls and see how the 3 launch goes.