Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to imagine other companies doing this

Let's try Starbucks! In order to impress shareholders, Starbucks decides to sell their coffee/drinks to you in the order that makes the most profit. As you go to the counter and wait for your small black coffee to come out, it comes out much later than everyone else who ordered a Latte. 😄

could you imagine. LOL
Haha, yeah.

Sadly Tesla is the only game in town (IMO/for my needs). If there was anything else that could get me something similar for the same price I would be all over it.

We almost bought an Acura MDX but the lack of electric option killed it for me. I can't ever see our family getting another gas vehicle.

Reactions: usklx
Trying to imagine other companies doing this

Let's try Starbucks! In order to impress shareholders, Starbucks decides to sell their coffee/drinks to you in the order that makes the most profit. As you go to the counter and wait for your small black coffee to come out, it comes out much later than everyone else who ordered a Latte. 😄

could you imagine. LOL
Not really apples to apples.

How about Ford? I'm still holding my Bronco reservation from 2020. Obviously Tesla has some issues but at the end of the day the company and product stand for way more than any of their competition.

Not really apples to apples.

How about Ford? I'm still holding my Bronco reservation from 2020. Obviously Tesla has some issues but at the end of the day the company and product stand for way more than any of their competition.
Are the bronco configuration and price from 2020 locked in? Did Ford set a level of expectation for delivery that played into your decision to pay for the reservation? Have they continued to provide estimates delivery dates since? Have they been consistently been delivering to reservations placed after you? trying to sound like a jerk..genuinely don't know what/how they do it.

Last edited:
Are the bronco configuration and price from 2020 locked in? Did Ford set a level of expectation for delivery that played into your decision to pay for the reservation? Have they continued to provide estimates delivery dates since? Have they been consistently been delivering to reservations placed after you? trying to sound like a jerk..genuinely don't know what/how they do it.
Can’t speak to the Bronco, but my ILs got a Mach-E earlier this year. The dealer placed the order in April 2021, I think ILs snagged it during the summer. So, not completely apples to apples because they didn’t put anything down for the reservation, but they agreed to a price with the dealer, though nothing set in stone. There was an online tracker, with an retimed delivery date of late November. Was built in early October, but then sat in a lot for 2 months due to a chip shortage. Dealer couldn’t say anything beyond that so we had no idea when it would actually show up. I don’t think the delivery date ever updated until it shipped. Finally saw that it shipped in late December (pretty sure we only knew by checking the website), and it showed up at the dealer in February. They did honor the price that they agreed to last summer, thankfully, but since nothing was signed, we weren’t sure if they would until they got there to get it. IIRC, there were some VINs from orders placed after theirs that escaped the parts issue and were shipped/delivered before theirs. I think there was about a week or so of orders that were screwed.

Can’t speak to the Bronco, but my ILs got a Mach-E earlier this year. The dealer placed the order in April 2021, I think ILs snagged it during the summer. So, not completely apples to apples because they didn’t put anything down for the reservation, but they agreed to a price with the dealer, though nothing set in stone. There was an online tracker, with an retimed delivery date of late November. Was built in early October, but then sat in a lot for 2 months due to a chip shortage. Dealer couldn’t say anything beyond that so we had no idea when it would actually show up. I don’t think the delivery date ever updated until it shipped. Finally saw that it shipped in late December (pretty sure we only knew by checking the website), and it showed up at the dealer in February. They did honor the price that they agreed to last summer, thankfully, but since nothing was signed, we weren’t sure if they would until they got there to get it. IIRC, there were some VINs from orders placed after theirs that escaped the parts issue and were shipped/delivered before theirs. I think there was about a week or so of orders that were screwed.
Sounds a lot like Tesla in some ways... but instead of cars sitting in a lot they are sitting at DC waiting for charge port parts. Some are still waiting for parts, some got their fairly quickly, some built after didn't have a problem. People get all this, and while disappointed shouldn't really be mad because it's more of a fact of life, not a deliberate choice/strategy to deliver cars based on a software defined difference with a significantly increased profit margin. That's what people are getting upset about, and rightfully so in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: RocY
Myself and two other friends ordered the same model around the same time, weeks apart maybe. I'm the only one that hasn't received any production update or vehicle. High end trim level, promised production with a 2021 delivery. They received theirs about 2 months apart from each other. No contact from dealer. I had my local dealer reach out to me at the beginning of the year asking if I knew that I had a reservation still, which I replied "of course", then asked if it was my time to pickup and was told no, they just were going through orders to see which were valid still. Offered some vehicles in stock that they had to me or to continue to wait. They said they didn't know if pricing would remain on my reservation as it was only a place holder for the vehicle, not the price. At that point i ordered a MYP, received it in a little more than 3 months.

Reactions: afscotch
OD was 8/27/2021. They assigned a VIN to me last Friday May 27th. It should be delivered to me on June 11th. Very excited to finally get it.

My build is a 7 seater, long range, blue, black interior, with tow hitch, and standard wheels. I didn't order or add FSD. Not sure which computer chip it has yet. I am asking them if there are any earlier days to schedule the delivery. When I went to schedule in the app it only gave me the option of one day and time, which I thought was odd.

But i'm super excited to finally get it :)

OD was 8/27/2021. They assigned a VIN to me last Friday May 27th. It should be delivered to me on June 11th. Very excited to finally get it.

My build is a 7 seater, long range, blue, black interior, with tow hitch, and standard wheels. I didn't order or add FSD. Not sure which computer chip it has yet. I am asking them if there are any earlier days to schedule the delivery. When I went to schedule in the app it only gave me the option of one day and time, which I thought was odd.

Congrats!!

Reactions: Otter2007

Congrats my friend, you put in the time. I hope delivery works out well. We have similar build -> blue, blk int, tow hitch, std wheels. No FSD - I refuse to add it since it's beta mode is horrible on city streets. Where are you located? here located Northern California, only 1hr from Fremont Tesla Factory. However, we ordered 1/28/2022 so expecting ours in late Sept (original told Aug 2022). So no summer road trips but maybe a fall one.

You can add me to the list of long waits for a 7 seater. Here's my timeline of EDD updates.

MYLR | 7 | Black/Black | Induction | No Tow | No FSD

Order Date: 19/12/2021

EDD: July 2022

EDD2: September 2022

EDD3: September 1 - September 29

EDD4: Aug 13 - Oct 8

EDD5: Sept 4 - Oct 16

EDD6: Nov 2022 - Feb 2023

Delivery Location: Ontario, Canada

Congrats my friend, you put in the time. I hope delivery works out well. We have similar build -> blue, blk int, tow hitch, std wheels. No FSD - I refuse to add it since it's beta mode is horrible on city streets. Where are you located? here located Northern California, only 1hr from Fremont Tesla Factory. However, we ordered 1/28/2022 so expecting ours in late Sept (original told Aug 2022). So no summer road trips but maybe a fall one.
Thanks :) i'm in Dallas. Big D! Pretty sure my tesla is from Fremont, looks like a Fremont VIN. **NF457243.

I asked if they can deliver it sooner. They said it isn't on the showroom floor yet, but will let me know when it is.