Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like they all went for a vacation after the end-of-quarter push. My EDD changed to Dec 2022.
Cars are cranking out, they just don't build many 7 seaters... not sure if it's due to parts availability or what, since the 7 seaters should be highly profitable for Tesla.

Could be that only very limited production time is given to them at Fremont, and they are not building them at Austin and might never build them there.

I found a 7 seater at the local CarMax. The problem is that it is a 2021 with 28k and the price is the same as what I have on my reservation. We are going to wait for the new one, but it was nice to actually see a 7 seater in person to make sure it will fit the family. We got lucky. CarMax didn't have the info right in their system so it was showing in searches as a 5 seater and has been sitting on their lot for a week.

IMO, Tesla prioritizes building cars based solely on profit margins. It also discourages people ordering the 7 seats by prolonging building it.
Ordered my MYLR 7 seaters white and white on 11/16/2021, just picked it up in Fremont factory parking lot on 10/8/2022. It took almost 11 months.
I saw about 10+ white and white ready in the parking lot that includes model 3, Y and X.
I paid $1,000 for white color seat and it is free now.
Panels alignment and uneven gaps are still there. They are noticeable but not so bad. The main problem I have is the paint. It seems to misalign at the time of painting. There is an whole area along the edge of about few mm width without paint. Booked an appointment to have it fixed.

Attachments

• 5B691BC2-2C65-40B4-A637-CD9E5D1975C5.jpeg
    5B691BC2-2C65-40B4-A637-CD9E5D1975C5.jpeg
    304.3 KB · Views: 102
IMO, Tesla prioritizes building cars based solely on profit margins. It also discourages people ordering the 7 seats by prolonging building it.
Ordered my MYLR 7 seaters white and white on 11/16/2021, just picked it up in Fremont factory parking lot on 10/8/2022. It took almost 11 months.
I saw about 10+ white and white ready in the parking lot that includes model 3, Y and X.
Sounds a little contradictory. If they are prioritizing builds with higher profit margins, wouldn’t 7 seaters be prioritized since it’s a $3k option over a 5 seater?
Are white interiors free now?

Panels alignment and uneven gaps are still there. They are noticeable but not so bad. The main problem I have is the paint. It seems to misalign at the time of painting. There is an whole area along the edge of about few mm width without paint. Booked an appointment to have it fixed.
Hi Raymond,

congrats on your delivery, I've ordered Model Y 7 seater in Jan 2022 based in bay area - still waiting date moved from 1st week of october few weeks back to Dec22-Jan23 -- almost 1 year wait time, is there any way to expedite have sent emails to my service advisor, have seen some comments on this forum they have called tesla service, will that make any difference, Also what checklist did you follow while taking delivery in fremont.

Thanks in advance
Sam

Sounds a little contradictory. If they are prioritizing builds with higher profit margins, wouldn’t 7 seaters be prioritized since it’s a $3k option over a 5 seater?
Are white interiors free now?

Exactly. What do the extra parts, warranty costs and installation costs run for Tesla on the 7 seaters? $1500 tops perhaps? On something they charge $3K for? That’s pretty profitable option for them, not sure why they build so few.

Did anyone else just get a delivery update? My delivery date went from Dec-Jan 30 2023 to Oct 15-Oct 27. This is a bit of a shock since I wasn't expecting my car until next year given I ordered in April 2022 and I know many of you have been waiting longer. Are they doing a huge push for this year?

Did anyone else just get a delivery update? My delivery date went from Dec-Jan 30 2023 to Oct 15-Oct 27. This is a bit of a shock since I wasn't expecting my car until next year given I ordered in April 2022 and I know many of you have been waiting longer. Are they doing a huge push for this year?
Maybe they are doing a batch of blue on black and your April order made the allotment. I have same car on order (except mine is 5 seats) (March order) and I have a very similar EDD that just updated on Saturday (Oct 16-30). Mine has to travel further than yours.

Reactions: MinnieUS
Congrats! Can't wait to hear about your pick up experience and if you see any flaws.
Ordered 1-16-22, multiple/multiple/multiple EDD changes (like everyone here), got my vin last Saturday and home delivery this afternoon in LA,CA area. VIN F596xxx. Exterior was perfect (literally) and it had USS. I ordered MY7/Tow/EAP/WhiteExt/Black Int/Gemini

Much better build quality and some decent updates from my original 21' MYLR. More differences than I thought there would be in 2 years.

Interior is good, two things scheduled fixes: 2nd row seat multiple not releasing (on seats not the rear levers). The lining in the trunk well is not flat and is coming up. wouldn't have noticed either without doing the thorough checklists.

It's crazy how little space I lost by getting that 3rd row. It is really worth it getting the 7 seater. Just to have it.