Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So they only let you pick from 3 dates for delivery? What happens if you are out of town during the 3 days?
Yep, check your purchase agreement for the wording. My SA was very happy to point this out to me when I noted that I was going on vacation. By this time Tesla's EDD had slipped by 6 months so I was not happy that they wouldn't at least try and solve the issue.

It ended up working out for me though as they EDD slipped another month lol. Another item is that they did not count days that they were closed as being "within" the three days. So the Sunday/Monday did not count in my case.

Some places may make exceptions but mine took a pretty hard line. Good luck.

1667415734589.png

Also do you have a USS agreement under your documents after accepting? Curious if they sit there as well
Strange, I am PF590 and I got the USS agreement. I don’t see it under documents but I do see this notice on the website just above the documents section: “We are continuing the transition to Tesla Vision, our camera-based Autopilot system. As part of this transition, some features may be limited at delivery, and will be rolled out in the weeks ahead via over-the-air updates.

I would rather have the new cameras then USS since I suspect they will turn them off for everyone eventually anyways.

I got the text today to choose a delivery date, 11/12 or 11/14 in Devon is all that showed up. I still haven’t gotten the charger email. For those who have, can you pick something else in the Tesla store (like floor mats) or are you restricted to a mobile or home charger only?

Strange, I am PF590 and I got the USS agreement. I don’t see it under documents but I do see this notice on the website just above the documents section: “We are continuing the transition to Tesla Vision, our camera-based Autopilot system. As part of this transition, some features may be limited at delivery, and will be rolled out in the weeks ahead via over-the-air updates.

I would rather have the new cameras then USS since I suspect they will turn them off for everyone eventually anyways.

I got the text today to choose a delivery date, 11/12 or 11/14 in Devon is all that showed up. I still haven’t gotten the charger email. For those who have, can you pick something else in the Tesla store (like floor mats) or are you restricted to a mobile or home charger only?
I have that wording as well but I figured that was more guided to FSD cause it is right under the upgrade to FSD button.

So they only let you pick from 3 dates for delivery? What happens if you are out of town during the 3 days?
This actually happened to me. Got text to schedule delivery and was given two options 11/12 or 11/14 with hourly options from 10am-4pm. Can’t make any of those times because of work schedule so I asked if they can do a later time one of those days and they said I can do an “express delivery” which means they’ll leave it in the lot and I can pick it up after hours (as long as it’s before 9pm). So I scheduled to pick mine up at 7pm on Saturday night. Not sure what the process will be if I find issues with the car or if I have questions but they couldn’t move the date up to Friday (when I’d be able to pick up in the middle of the day) so this was my only option.

Anyone else ever do express delivery after hours and know how it works?

Yep, check your purchase agreement for the wording. My SA was very happy to point this out to me when I noted that I was going on vacation. By this time Tesla's EDD had slipped by 6 months so I was not happy that they wouldn't at least try and solve the issue.

It ended up working out for me though as they EDD slipped another month lol. Another item is that they did not count days that they were closed as being "within" the three days. So the Sunday/Monday did not count in my case.

Some places may make exceptions but mine took a pretty hard line. Good luck.

View attachment 870324
Every Country and even States have different commerce laws, related to consumer and dealer obligations. For example I live in California and my Motor Vehicle Order Agreement has the exact wording as yours with one exception Tesla has to wait 30 days before they can cancel your order and keep your Order Deposit. They can sale the car to another customer but not keep your deposit before 30 days of inaction from the customer.

How quickly do we have to sign this agreement?
In order to move forward with any further pre-delivery steps you have to accept it. Not sure how long Tesla leaves it available or what they do if you don’t accept it after a period of time. I mean your options are either accept or cancel your order and go find a lightly used 2022 or a new in inventory 2022

In order to move forward with any further pre-delivery steps you have to accept it. Not sure how long Tesla leaves it available or what they do if you don’t accept it after a period of time. I mean your options are either accept or cancel your order and go find a lightly used 2022 or a new in inventory 2022
Yeah...I'm not gonna take any risks of anything delaying the delivery of this vehicle. I just clicked it right away so I can start filling in all the other info.

Tesla called me today and asked if I was trading in a vehicle. I told them no as I'm keeping it for my child and they asked if I still wanted to see numbers and I said no. Seemed Pushy. He also tried to sell me Tesla Solar which I already have. lol

Finally got my White MYLR 7 seats, 19", Black Int, ordered August 5, 2021... 435 days of waiting... Still has the somnic sensors, for which I am glad since I paid for enhanced Autopilot... No quality issues detected so far...
And I thought that I had a long wait of 256 days after ordering January 6th 2022 and delivery was September 19th.
I really do not need the seven seats and the third row has been folded down almost since day 1 to create more trunk space

Excited/disappointed here- ordered 7 seat / White w black interior, Tow, 19" wheels second week or May 2022, and was seeing delivery December 2022 for the last few months, hoping that things would slip to January and I'd get the tax credit.

Just got a text message that it's time to schedule delivery. :confused:

Excited/disappointed here- ordered 7 seat / White w black interior, Tow, 19" wheels second week or May 2022, and was seeing delivery December 2022 for the last few months, hoping that things would slip to January and I'd get the tax credit.

Just got a text message that it's time to schedule delivery. :confused:
Sorry to hear that for you. I am in the opposite situation. I ordered in April and want mine as soon as possible and my EDD is 12/20 - 12/31.

MYLR7 White/White, No Tow, 19", EAP.

Sorry to hear that for you. I am in the opposite situation. I ordered in April and want mine as soon as possible and my EDD is 12/20 - 12/31.

MYLR7 White/White, No Tow, 19", EAP.
I ordered a MYLR7 back in May 2022. For a day or two in September in the Tesla app I got an EDD of Sept. 12, which didn't last long before going back to what it is to this day, December 2022. At this point it doesn't matter when it comes. If anything I would agree to wanting it after Jan 1st 2023 to be eligible for the tax credit.

I ordered a MYLR7 back in May 2022. For a day or two in September in the Tesla app I got an EDD of Sept. 12, which didn't last long before going back to what it is to this day, December 2022. At this point it doesn't matter when it comes. If anything I would agree to wanting it after Jan 1st 2023 to be eligible for the tax credit.
Same here. OD 5/15/2022 and has been showing EDD of December 2022 for the past two months.