Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hear you, it's what it is. There are others who get mad when Tesla updates hardware, like MCU3 in the middle of the year. It's part of journey. Watch the mayhem when Tesla drops HW4 like in mid March 2023 or some random day and people are crying their car doesn't have it. When it comes to curating customer expectations, Tesla has missed the boat.
That’s a bit different.

Getting a iPhone the day before they announce the new version/features in Sept is on the customer to just accept.

Getting an iPhone with missing features you were advertised when you purchased is totally different. Believe the technical term is bait and switch.

That’s a bit different.

Getting a iPhone the day before they announce the new version/features in Sept is on the customer to just accept.

Getting an iPhone with missing features you were advertised when you purchased is totally different. Believe the technical term is bait and switch.
You are comparing an iphone to a car? I think you can buy inventory vehicles if you believe there is a bait and switch (that is if they have them)

You are comparing an iphone to a car? I think you can buy inventory vehicles if you believe there is a bait and switch (that is if they have them)
Sure. They are both just products which are advertised and sold by companies. Could have picked a toaster, sunglasses, or a private jet. Concept is the same.

And if a company wants to include a disclaimer that features may be added/changed, they’d better be very very transparent to buyers on which features may change and which are assured and all order fees should be refundable.

Again, don’t have legal knowledge. Just my opinion on what’s reasonable.

Last edited:
Reactions: singlestack
There is very little actual information. There are cars today that don't have USS or radar. FCC cannot/ would not compel a car maker to use a specific technology unless it's essential for vehicle safety. If Tesla decided to remove seat belts we have an issue.
Again, I agree with what you are saying. I was sharing what I had read. I have noticed that Tesla they do whatever they want, so at the end of the day, no one knows what will be deleted or added to these vehicles. I do not suggest that they would go against federal regulations; just interested to see what is happening.

Updated the spreadsheet with info added this weekend from:
@fonger
@shank15217
@yobigd20

If anyone else has any updates, please send them in and I'll continue to keep tracking. Hopefully they'll be more movement or texts going out this week! 🤞
I received the "Great news! We expect your model Y VIN to be assigned in the next 1-2 weeks..." Text yesterday, 12/13/2022.

Reactions: tommyboy21
I'm getting cold feet. My price is $77k counting the $3750 December delivery discount. I locked in my price in May so my car is $3k cheaper than current price and I also got FSD before they raised the price on that by $3k. So total of almost $10k less than today's going rate.

FSD is a hard requirement for me.

I'm looking at the used car prices... They've dropped so much. I see 1-2 year old Model Ys for $60k with FSD. I assume that if I wait a year, I'll be able to get a 3 row Model Y with FSD used for ~$63k. Am I wrong? Will the 3 rows retain their value more because they'll stay rare?

9 months ago, Teslas were holding their value, now they're not and I'm starting to think the prices will keep dropping with Elon's craziness and the recession... On top of all that, there's the whole radar thing that Model Ys might get in 1 month.

Talk me out of cancelling.

I'm getting cold feet. My price is $77k counting the $3750 December delivery discount. I locked in my price in May so my car is $3k cheaper than current price and I also got FSD before they raised the price on that by $3k. So total of almost $10k less than today's going rate.

FSD is a hard requirement for me.

I'm looking at the used car prices... They've dropped so much. I see 1-2 year old Model Ys for $60k with FSD. I assume that if I wait a year, I'll be able to get a 3 row Model Y with FSD used for ~$63k. Am I wrong? Will the 3 rows retain their value more because they'll stay rare?

9 months ago, Teslas were holding their value, now they're not and I'm starting to think the prices will keep dropping with Elon's craziness and the recession... On top of all that, there's the whole radar thing that Model Ys might get in 1 month.

Talk me out of cancelling.
I made the same calculation. If you really need the car now, then obviously a different situation. But in my mind, without the latest sensor hardware (or a proven superior functional vision-based system), it definitely feels you’re buying at the peak. Current pricing/product is more a result of supply constraints, rigid demand curve, and inflationary pressures - Ie will get a significantly better product/price ratio in macroeconomic climate of 2023.

Got the $3,750 text on 12/9, EDD still just "December"
When I texted asking if it was really happening still this year they told me it is "likely" I'll be able to take delivery still this year. A follow-up yesterday was met with canned response about unable to provide exact delivery dates at this time.