Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok so the gist of it is we dont lose any features without uss. So why is eveeryone complaining then?

In the short term, we do lose several features: park assist, autopark, summon, and smart summon.

In the long term, Tesla claims that they'll be able to bring those features back (using cameras only and not USS) but they have not committed to a timeframe. So, people are complaining because they don't know when they'll get those features back. Also, people are not confident that the features will really come back as good as they used to be.

Personally, those features have little value to me so I don't care, but I do understand why others would be upset about features being reduced.

Last edited:
Reactions: tommyboy21
Here's the latest update from the data I've received in this thread. Thanks all for contributing! Honestly, I was hoping more of us would have had VINs or delivery dates set at this point. Especially those of that have still been waiting since February! 😩

Hope everyone has a great weekend and that the deliveries go smoothly for those picking up this weekend!

Attachments

• Tesla-MY7-Delivery-Milestones-12:16.png
    Tesla-MY7-Delivery-Milestones-12:16.png
    188.7 KB · Views: 96
Here's the latest update from the data I've received in this thread. Thanks all for contributing! Honestly, I was hoping more of us would have had VINs or delivery dates set at this point. Especially those of that have still been waiting since February! 😩

Hope everyone has a great weekend and that the deliveries go smoothly for those picking up this weekend!
Thanks!
It seems like white interior has still December EDD.

I'm getting cold feet. My price is $77k counting the $3750 December delivery discount. I locked in my price in May so my car is $3k cheaper than current price and I also got FSD before they raised the price on that by $3k. So total of almost $10k less than today's going rate.

FSD is a hard requirement for me.

I'm looking at the used car prices... They've dropped so much. I see 1-2 year old Model Ys for $60k with FSD. I assume that if I wait a year, I'll be able to get a 3 row Model Y with FSD used for ~$63k. Am I wrong? Will the 3 rows retain their value more because they'll stay rare?

9 months ago, Teslas were holding their value, now they're not and I'm starting to think the prices will keep dropping with Elon's craziness and the recession... On top of all that, there's the whole radar thing that Model Ys might get in 1 month.

Talk me out of cancelling.
I would cancel if I were you. $77k post $3750 credit is way too much for an economy crossover SUV. I know Rivian is farther away in deliveries, but for that price you’re in R1S territory. That’s a true 3 row SUV. If you buy now there’s a good chance you’ll be underwater almost immediately with the way prices are going as chips and inventory on new and used cars are bouncing back.

My wife talked me into it. Took delivery today.

I texted Tesla this AM and asked if I'd be getting the 10k free supercharger miles; they confirmed that I would.

Matrix Headlights: YES
New Cameras: NO (I think, hard to tell)
USS: No
Mudflaps: YES
PPF behind rear doors: YES

Panel gaps looked flawless. 2nd row seat is a real pain to pivot forward. It's going to be pretty annoying getting kids in/out of the 3rd row.

Nice surprise: came with mudflaps behind the front wheels and PPF already applied behind the back doors. I was planning to buy both those items and it was very happy to find it came with them. I had not heard of that being standard.

Acceleration is a kick in the pants.

Parking at the delivery center was a huge pain in the ass. They've got Model Ys double parked in every spot waiting for delivery.

My wife talked me into it. Took delivery today.

I texted Tesla this AM and asked if I'd be getting the 10k free supercharger miles; they confirmed that I would.

Matrix Headlights: YES
New Cameras: NO (I think, hard to tell)
USS: No
Mudflaps: YES
PPF behind rear doors: YES

Panel gaps looked flawless. 2nd row seat is a real pain to pivot forward. It's going to be pretty annoying getting kids in/out of the 3rd row.

Nice surprise: came with mudflaps behind the front wheels and PPF already applied behind the back doors. I was planning to buy both those items and it was very happy to find it came with them. I had not heard of that being standard.

Acceleration is a kick in the pants.

Parking at the delivery center was a huge pain in the ass. They've got Model Ys double parked in every spot waiting for delivery.
Congrats, sounds awesome! Glad you got the matrix headlines and had no panel gaps. Can't wait to get mine (and test our getting kids in & out of the 3rd row like you).

Received a text today that basically said my config would not be ready in December (MYLR white ext/white int 7 seater) and that if I want the current discounted price, I should look at the existing inventory. Given that I have been waiting ~8 months for my config, I don't think I want to compromise on those now for a little discounted price. Still.... frustrating.

Received a text today that basically said my config would not be ready in December (MYLR white ext/white int 7 seater) and that if I want the current discounted price, I should look at the existing inventory. Given that I have been waiting ~8 months for my config, I don't think I want to compromise on those now for a little discounted price. Still.... frustrating.
Same here.! Will wait for my config

same bullshit here. white/white/7 seat/hitch and told me to look at inventory.

F that. I knew we ordered a unicorn. Those A holes have logistics to a T, they've known for a long time they weren't going to do enough on their assembly line to meet our demand, I fail to believe they couldn't have prepared us better. Super pissed

Same config, same text. I suspect the issue is stemming from 7 seat white interior...

Reactions: ChrisInVegas
My EDD was pushing back from 12/10-12/24 to 12/17-12/31 and I feared it would go into next year too. Found a 7 seater black interior / exterior in inventory and offered to take it if they matched my original price for MSM, they did. Got VIN assigned today and expecting delivery as early as tomorrow (but may end up being early next week to finalize $). Will report back how it goes!

My EDD was pushing back from 12/10-12/24 to 12/17-12/31 and I feared it would go into next year too. Found a 7 seater black interior / exterior in inventory and offered to take it if they matched my original price for MSM, they did. Got VIN assigned today and expecting delivery as early as tomorrow (but may end up being early next week to finalize $). Will report back how it goes!
I wonder if it's the same one they offered me. I got a call after saying "YES" to the text and they told me that the only 7 seater in CA that could be delivered by the end of they year was a black/black no tow in Sacramento area. I decided to pass and keep waiting. The SA did say to expect some time in January but I think we all know to take that with a good ole' dollup o' salt