Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
they could do real time ACH? Easy repo or disable if check bounces for TSLA ;)
AFAIK, ACH is not real time, that's why they cost less or are free. They are also reversible. Wire transfers (which is also another acceptable method) are real time and not generally reversible. Yes, Tesla can repo it, but obviously they don't want to deal with that (no one does).

The way PLAID works is it does ACH, but the difference is they get direct access to your bank details so they know how many funds you have in the account, which reduces the chances of a bounced check.
What are my options for a cashiers check if I refuse delivery?
For a cashiers check, don't given them the check until after you check the car. In some cases they may refuse to let you unlock the car until you accept delivery (especially for the case of touchless delivery), but other cases they allow it. This presumes you are taking a delivery at a delivery center. In a drop off delivery, I don't believe you have a chance to look inside the car without accepting delivery.

AFAIK, ACH is not real time, that's why they cost less or are free. They are also reversible. Wire transfers (which is also another acceptable method) are real time and not generally reversible. Yes, Tesla can repo it, but obviously they don't want to deal with that (no one does).

The way PLAID works is it does ACH, but the difference is they get direct access to your bank details so they know how many funds you have in the account, which reduces the chances of a bounced check.

For a cashiers check, don't given them the check until after you check the car. In some cases they may refuse to let you unlock the car until you accept delivery (especially for the case of touchless delivery), but other cases they allow it. This presumes you are taking a delivery at a delivery center. In a drop off delivery, I don't believe you have a chance to look inside the car without accepting delivery.

Delivery center . Per other thread you linked I'll avoid plaid, but will look into wire transfer after I inspect thru my bank app.

What would I do with a cashiers check made out to TSLA if I refuse? unless it's made out to bearer/cash?

Delivery center . Per other thread you linked I'll avoid plaid, but will look into wire transfer after I inspect thru my bank app.

What would I do with a cashiers check made out to TSLA if I refuse? unless it's made out to bearer/cash?
As long as you have the physical check in hand, your banking institution will allow you to deposit it back into your account. At least this is what I was told by the bank, but of course DYOR.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
It's been two weeks now since I got the your VIN will be assigned in 1-2 weeks text. Just checked inventory and saw the same vehicle is available at the closest sales center but with 2k more in options (tow, white seats). These happen to be the two options my wife and I debated on when ordering so I'm good paying for them. Any thoughts on if this is worth the risk switching over to? I'd hate to drive the two hours and find out it was rejected due to quality and then lose my spot in line.
So I did end up switching to this car. The sales advisor told me the car was never inspected by the person who originally ordered it so hopefully that's the case. I'll be picking up at Noon at Mt. Kisco on the 18th. With my VIN not coming within 1-2 week timeframe I was really starting to doubt my EDD of 3/18 to 3/31 would happen. To me, is worth paying 2k more for options I debated originally to guarantee the full $7500...well, assuming they don't change guidance before 3/18 hah!

Reactions: slyderz3
To clarify, since I posted the security concerns back then, Plaid had since added OAuth to many banks, which addresses the security concerns. You may also change your bank password temporarily and change it back afterwards, like I did. Others have also found a work-around (I believe by making it fail multiple times) to get it to show a regular e-check interface (although I'm not sure if this process will be real time in terms of crediting your Tesla).

For wire transfers, you might have to do it at a bank, most online processes have a relatively low limit. And although the transfer may be real time, Tesla's process to associate your wire with your car might not be real time (depends on if they have an automated process based on the memo line). It generally doesn't work that well with your scenario (it's for people that do it before going to take delivery).
As others mentioned, most banks will allow you to deposit that check back into your account (given it's very common for things to fall through), but check with your own bank to be sure. It's probably the easiest option if you don't want to do Plaid.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
Those 20” 7-seaters are showing up in inventory all over the place for the past week. Hope this week starts the changeover to start seeing some 19” ones.

Anybody gotten delivery of a 19” 7-seater in the past week or 2? Post if you do, I’m hoping they are at least in transport.

Agree.So, many 20" ones showing up. I was able to snag a 19" 7-seater from inventory last night. EDD is 03/28 - 03/31.

Reactions: ansons and slyderz3
Same thing happened to me with the same push back dates then we received the VIN and a delivery date of 3/25. Don't count it out just yet. :)
You are absolutely right. Thanks for the encouragement. Woke up this morning to see a VIN assigned. At this point of time an EDD of Mar 28-31 is falling perfectly with my spring break travel plan.

Anyone else get a 3-31 to MAY 5th EDD ? Any IRS updates?

I suspect they're doing 3-31 to stop cancels. I do have a back up X order for this 2017 Tesla MX 75D in Rockville MD US listed at Sold at $46K If the Y comes thru I'm going to try TSLA credit the $2.5K toward Y if ready by 3/31. I'm sure they can sell X at that price, but not sure if TSLA will see that logic.

I will have the cashiers check to TSLA regardless ;)

Last edited:
Anyone else get a 3-31 to MAY 5th EDD ? Any IRS updates?

I suspect they're doing 3-31 to stop cancels. I do have a back up X order for this 2017 Tesla MX 75D in Rockville MD US listed at Sold at $46K If the Y comes thru I'm going to try TSLA credit the $2.5K toward Y if ready by 3/31. I'm sure they can sell X at that price, but not sure if TSLA will see that logic.
That is my EDD. White 19 inch wheels with Tow