Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw a coming soon inventory vehicle last night, and decided to order it separately from my original order to prevent it from getting away. I was willing to take a $250 chance that I could keep my 1/29 pricing. I was finally able to get a hold of an SA via text during business hours today. When I placed this new order, I received a text right away which did not happen with the previous order. I asked if Tesla would honor my 1/29 pricing, and they replied that the VIN had been moved to that order with the 1/29 pricing. The SA texted me a few hours later to see if I could pick up on 3/17 as the car was arriving today. I will be out of town, so chose 3/22. I will add the tow package after delivery as I want it for the bike carrier that we already use on our X. I was fine if it did not work out, but am glad that I gave it a shot. Definitely an interesting process.
Any chance they would refund your second order fee because you’re just basically transferring?

Reactions: vickh
Got my delivery date scheduled. Would not have happened without calling the pick up location directly as the generic 510 number kept a going back and forth with non answers. Picking up 3/25. Fingers crossed no issues. 🤞
I've found that works better than the texts. You can also call the delivery main service centers. You might have to wait on hold for awhile but usually you can get someone helpful.

Picked up today. Except for frunk alignment issue (not much though), rest was good. Scheduled a mobile service free of charge to install mud flaps in 2 days. What I am seeing is that the models built are mostly price rise. So any accelerated delivery option is basically increasing our base price or original order price.

Reactions: slyderz3 and vickh
Oh man. I hope you get it soon. Its so surprising & disappointing how Tesla fulfills the order backlog. I know others who got theirs about 2 weeks ago though their OD is 01/16. I hope they have a method to their fulfillment and its not random drawing of numbers.

i think it's based on build $$. Since I also ordered 1/16. Have new EDD 3/31-5/6!!

thankfully I have a MX enroute. Decision will be made 3/31 regardless.

I've found that works better than the texts. You can also call the delivery main service centers. You might have to wait on hold for awhile but usually you can get someone helpful.

Any directory for delivery service centers? I thought they were alll texts too. I went to a showroom yesterday. One rep was quite rude about waiting in line but it's the TSLA way ;)

Any chance they would refund your second order fee because you’re just basically transferring?
I have not heard of anyone getting the $250 back when using the same method, so I did not ask. It was worth it to me to get the car earlier (seems more east coast orders around my order date were pushed back even more in the last few days). I was also happy that they honored the original pricing as that seems inconsistent at best. I would have just kept the original order if the price was not matched, and still would have been out the extra $250 after canceling the inventory vehicle order.

Reactions: vickh
I have not heard of anyone getting the $250 back when using the same method, so I did not ask. It was worth it to me to get the car earlier (seems more east coast orders around my order date were pushed back even more in the last few days). I was also happy that they honored the original pricing as that seems inconsistent at best. I would have just kept the original order if the price was not matched, and still would have been out the extra $250 after canceling the inventory vehicle order.

$250 is well worth it. GTK that some reps go above and beyond. I'll try going by or calling. Except I don't see any base 7 seaters in inventory nationwide per 3rd party sites.

As long as you are somewhat flexible I'd check the inventory at least daily if you have no delivery date at this point. I picked up my matched inventory Y on 3/18 and it was mint, just a small interior squeak which I should be able to locate (haven't tried yet). I got it for 2k more than I had planned but it was for options I almost ordered to begin with (Tow, White interior). I kept seeing 20" options which I wanted no part of and then suddenly 19" inch options began appearing and I jumped on it. Car is awesome. Way bigger interior than my Volt but drives like a small car. Preaching to the choir I know hah.

As long as you are somewhat flexible I'd check the inventory at least daily if you have no delivery date at this point. I picked up my matched inventory Y on 3/18 and it was mint, just a small interior squeak which I should be able to locate (haven't tried yet). I got it for 2k more than I had planned but it was for options I almost ordered to begin with (Tow, White interior). I kept seeing 20" options which I wanted no part of and then suddenly 19" inch options began appearing and I jumped on it. Car is awesome. Way bigger interior than my Volt but drives like a small car. Preaching to the choir I know hah.
Two questions:
1. If I already have a MYLP 7 seater order in and I want to get a car sooner, should I be looking at the inventory page or be looking for an accelerated delivery option in my account screen ? Sometimes I see cars available in the inventory page but no accelerated delivery option shows up for me.

2. If I go with the accelerated delivery option or try to get a car from the inventory, would I still retain the original base car pricing per my original order and only have adjustments for any options ? Or do I have to pay the price of the car as of that date ?

Thanks !

Two questions:
1. If I already have a MYLP 7 seater order in and I want to get a car sooner, should I be looking at the inventory page or be looking for an accelerated delivery option in my account screen ? Sometimes I see cars available in the inventory page but no accelerated delivery option shows up for me.

2. If I go with the accelerated delivery option or try to get a car from the inventory, would I still retain the original base car pricing per my original order and only have adjustments for any options ? Or do I have to pay the price of the car as of that date ?

Thanks !
When I texted the 510 number they allowed the switch and honored the original order price. When I chatted with the box on tesla’s website they didn’t

When I texted the 510 number they allowed the switch and honored the original order price. When I chatted with the box on tesla’s website they didn’t
So did u see the car show up inventory and then text the 510 number to initiate the switch from the original build ? Any idea if they would allow switching from a MYLR to a MYP and retain the MYP price that was in effect at the time of the original MYLR order ? :)

Two questions:

Thanks !
I was checking the inventory page. Not sure if the car I chose was on the accelerated option page to be honest, I did not even know that existed. 2- yes they will match it for you, they did it without hesitation. I put in a request to be contacted on the car's page on the Tesla website AND I texted that text thread. I am not sure which one worked but I got a call within an hour or two from Las Vegas and she answered my questions (Was it a reject? Can I keep my lower price?) and made it happen.

Reactions: Rajb
Delivery today. No issues at all with the car. Smooth process in West Chester, PA. I was able to inspect inside and out prior to payment. This location just started deliveries, so there was only one other person there taking delivery. Matrix headlights. No mud flaps or rear quarter panel PPF.

Attachments

• 20230322_174736.jpg
    20230322_174736.jpg
    748.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 20230322_174726.jpg
    20230322_174726.jpg
    835.7 KB · Views: 45