Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my MY 7 seater on 03/23. Atleast a few fit and finish issues.

1. 2 wires protruding from the back of the 2nd row seats.
2. Minor paint blemish on the rear trunk door
3. Panel gaps between rear door on passenger side. but the tesla agent at the pick up location was in denial that its a gap.

There are even smaller mismatches as well but I don't know if Tesla will acknowledge them. TBH, I am not very impressed by the MY so far, but my wife is thrilled so far. But thats all that matters as this is her car.

The acceleration is fun though. The kids giggling in the back every time we accelerate hard makes this MY worth it. :)

My wife loves the central tablet as she calls it. within the first few days we are now comfortable with the controls. My wife loves the fact that it shows the speed limit for the current road / location on the screen as it helps her keep the speed in check.

The navigation system is fantastic and theres plenty of stats for nerds. So far in our <80 miles on he MY its been fairly efficient. I am really looking forward to a long drive to evaluate the efficiency.

A few other gripes! The seats are not very comfortable. My 11 year old BMW still has way more comfy seats than this brand new car. Also no garage opener? Oh boy thats a big miss. I see that they have option to link to a myQ garage opener, but then I don't want to be sucked into yet another monthly subscription. Also my neighbour who has a M3 and myQ noted that the automated closing and opening is not very accurate. One time it did not close the garage door after they drove away.

Edit 2: Adding more to the gripes. I feel the ride is pretty rough and the cabin is fairly noisy. I can feel it less when the car was fully loaded with 3 adults and 4 kids! Maybe it was the cacophony in the car that was overpowering the wind and road noise. Again on this, I i compare with my 11 year old BMW 528i. The Bimmer definitely has a much much more comfy plush ride, especially on not so great roads.

Edit: I have a service appointment to fix the items 1 & 2 noted above. Anyone know if Telsa will complain if I put in too many miles before the appointment? I am planning a 250 mile round trip just prior to the appointment. Wondering if I should replan and drive the other car for the day trip.

Last edited:
The waiting is over. Picked up my MYLR7 on Saturday!

OD: 1/14/23
EDDs: updated a million times

It's a Fremont build with matrix headlights.
Build quality is excellent. No issues with paint. Panel gaps look perfect. Super clean interior, no greesy hand prints. Couldn't have asked for a better experience on delivery day. (Picked up in Monterey, CA.). The car drives better than expected. All aspects of the car and delivery day process better than expected.

3. Panel gaps between rear door on passenger side. but the tesla agent at the pick up location was in denial that its a gap.

There are even smaller mismatches as well but I don't know if Tesla will acknowledge them. TBH, I am not very impressed by the MY so far, but my wife is thrilled so far. But thats all that matters as this is her car.

The acceleration is fun though. The kids giggling in the back every time we accelerate hard makes this MY worth it. :)

A few other gripes! The seats are not very comfortable. My 11 year old BMW still has way more comfy seats than this brand new car. Also no garage opener? Oh boy thats a big miss. I see that they have option to link to a myQ garage opener, but then I don't want to be sucked into yet another monthly subscription. Also my neighbour who has a M3 and myQ noted that the automated closing and opening is not very accurate. One time it did not close the garage door after they drove away.

That might by MyQ fault (I had that issue b/f TSLA integration)

Atleast you got yours b/f tax deadline mine still says 3-30/1 and no VIN :(

Your seat complaint is making me lean toward used X as well. I might be able to delay it again.

they are nice, but we like the 6 seat, powered version on the X.

Also if the tax credit doesn't come thru the X is $12.5K cheaper! My Y EDD is still 3/30-31 though. I wish TSLA had a real time tracker

Your comment about 6 seater has me wondering why Tesla does not offer a 6 seater option on the Y? With the 7 seater the ingress / egress from the 3rd row is painful and it would have been much easier on a 6 seater. I think its more difficult on the MY 7 seater than on the MX 7 seater, due to MY being shorter in length.

Reactions: vickh
Your comment about 6 seater has me wondering why Tesla does not offer a 6 seater option on the Y? With the 7 seater the ingress / egress from the 3rd row is painful and it would have been much easier on a 6 seater. I think its more difficult on the MY 7 seater than on the MX 7 seater, due to MY being shorter in length.

Agreed 1000% I didn't want a MX 7 seater either (family of 6 w/ elderly parents) I have decided to sacrifice tech over luxury/comfort (have my 3 for tech!) Also no VIN for my MY 7 seater

One downside are the sexy high maintenance falcon wings ;) but TSLA used warranty should cover 1 yr and I'll get the @X-Care EV after.

My biggest concern is range b/c it's a 75D at 220 miles right now. Road trips will be a challenge.

My wife loves the central tablet as she calls it. within the first few days we are now comfortable with the controls. My wife loves the fact that it shows the speed limit for the current road / location on the screen as it helps her keep the speed in check.

The navigation system is fantastic and theres plenty of stats for nerds. So far in our <80 miles on he MY its been fairly efficient. I am really looking forward to a long drive to evaluate the efficiency.

Edit 2: Adding more to the gripes. I feel the ride is pretty rough and the cabin is fairly noisy. I can feel it less when the car was fully loaded with 3 adults and 4 kids! Maybe it was the cacophony in the car that was overpowering the wind and road noise. Again on this, I i compare with my 11 year old BMW 528i. The Bimmer definitely has a much much more comfy plush ride, especially on not so great roads.

Edit: I have a service appointment to fix the items 1 & 2 noted above. Anyone know if Telsa will complain if I put in too many miles before the appointment? I am planning a 250 mile round trip just prior to the appointment. Wondering if I should replan and drive the other car for the day trip.
re: the ride is pretty rough and the cabin is fairly noisy: Get used to it. Part of it is the EV no engine noise. Coil suspension is another factor. TSLA claims it made it "comfort" but wont' compare to BMW (depending on the series)

I believe the noise will get worse once the tires are broken in.Tire changes might help a bit, but range trade offs.

Last edited:
they are nice, but we like the 6 seat, powered version on the X.

Also if the tax credit doesn't come thru the X is $12.5K cheaper! My Y EDD is still 3/30-31 though. I wish TSLA had a real time tracker
Oh okay I thought you were getting nervous that the seats in the Y were not comfortable. Coming from a BMW I could maybe see why he thinks they aren't. I'm coming from a Mustang and a Volt so plenty good on our end! The 6 seater configuration is really cool so I could see why you'd want that.

Reactions: vickh
Agreed 1000% I didn't want a MX 7 seater either (family of 6 w/ elderly parents) I have decided to sacrifice tech over luxury/comfort (have my 3 for tech!) Also no VIN for my MY 7 seater

One downside are the sexy high maintenance falcon wings ;) but TSLA used warranty should cover 1 yr and I'll get the @X-Care EV after.

My biggest concern is range b/c it's a 75D at 220 miles right now. Road trips will be a challenge.
How much more would it cost you for a 100D? When I was looking at used Model S's they price difference between the 75D's and the 100D's was only like 3-4K which is crazy considering how much more the 100D was than the 75D when they were new. I was only looking at 100Ds (or a 19/20 Long Range) for that reason.

How much more would it cost you for a 100D? When I was looking at used Model S's they price difference between the 75D's and the 100D's was only like 3-4K which is crazy considering how much more the 100D was than the 75D when they were new. I was only looking at 100Ds (or a 19/20 Long Range) for that reason.
with the 3 rows options are limited for below $50K and CPO warranty. I guess i could go w/ private sale and get aftermarket, but I like the CPO peace of min. I got the '17 75D for only $50K delivered OTD vs $68k-tax credit for the Y

Text this morning confirmed my fears of missing out on full Y credit. They gave me the "fluid" VIN response and then the EDD says 3/31 to 4/15. I wish IRS would give a EDD too ;) Worst case the delta is ~$12.5K for 3 row Y vs X (cheaper!) + lower reg. fees in AZ since it's based on MSRP.

Also I get EAP w/ X and $99/mo FSD. Only negative is maintenance+ range.

Reactions: JKennedy442
Finally picked up my MYLR7 today. The car looked good. Except I feel I need to apply some force to get the middle row pull back to access the 3rd row. Is this the case with everyone. i asked the SA and the SA as usual said yes this is expected.

Also I have chosen Tesla financing. does anyone know how do i set direct debit from my Bank account for the monty installments

Crunch time. I saw one in inventory in Scottsdale this AM, but by the time i got someone on the phone it was gone. It was my spec exactly too, phone rep said something about the city has to match (i picked Glendale 30 mins away!)