Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to Tesla this DU has only been placed in cars with a build date later than July 1. Hardly probable that your service center has loaners that rolled off the line just a couple days ago.
I spoke with my DS yesterday and was told it was all MS's starting on June 19th. I went into production on June 12th and apparently missed it on a MS75. Vin starting in 203..

I spoke with my DS yesterday and was told it was all MS's starting on June 19th. I went into production on June 12th and apparently missed it on a MS75. Vin starting in 203..

In that case, I'd cancel, take the loss of deposit hit, and reorder. The reduced 0-60 time will be worth the extra. I think if that performance option was offered to most of us at the price of your deposit, most of us would pay the extra to get that additional performance.

And I wouldn't feel the least bit bad about doing it. Tesla has "priced" the cancellation option so all you are doing is taking full advantage of their offer.

I think I am happy for you. I missed that option by a month. I'm happy with my car but I'd very much like to see you exercise that option and get that quicker one.

Best,
David

In that case, I'd cancel, take the loss of deposit hit, and reorder. The reduced 0-60 time will be worth the extra. I think if that performance option was offered to most of us at the price of your deposit, most of us would pay the extra to get that additional performance.

And I wouldn't feel the least bit bad about doing it. Tesla has "priced" the cancellation option so all you are doing is taking full advantage of their offer.

I think I am happy for you. I missed that option by a month. I'm happy with my car but I'd very much like to see you exercise that option and get that quicker one.

Best,
David
Unfortunately I took delivery early last week. I was upset for a couple days until realized....oh yah....its still a freaking Tesla. I'd rather buy into a brand that's constantly innovating than traditional auto manufacturers. Part of me is still hopeful a future update will provide some performance increase.

• Funny
Reactions: D.E. and Dan60D
=
Unfortunately I took delivery early last week. I was upset for a couple days until realized....oh yah....its still a freaking Tesla. I'd rather buy into a brand that's constantly innovating than traditional auto manufacturers. Part of me is still hopeful a future update will provide some performance increase.

You are still in the honeymoon period, wait a few months and you will get repeatedly punched in the face. Your car will become overpriced and irrelevant overnight thanks to Mr.Musk and his sales and marketing hoodlums

My VIN is 203529 and apparently went into production on the 19/6, I've been told mine has the upgrade. I don't believe them, they've made so many mistakes on this purchase it's laughable!

@mjm05 - What's your full VIN number?

Reactions: Surfer
jesus, so 236 cars after mine (do they really run sequentially?) and a week before (they say mine was built 19.6) and you don't have it and I do.........that stinks........sorry for your bad luck mate.

What if they decided it was in everyone's best interest that you no longer have free supercharging, after you based your purchase on it. Would that dampen your joy any?

Yes, since that was a commitment, that would disappoint me. But adding new features to future builds of the MS is not something that would disappoint since I have no reasonable expectation that Tesla would not make improvements to the car after I purchase mine.

Then you still have an awesome car.

Reactions: Dan60D
I've driven both and the D is definitely more of a performance car. The 75d actually has close to 50/50 weight distribution. The RWD lacks performance in cornering as the traction control limits power and I don't think you can turn it off without pulling a fuse. It also feels a bit spongy and loose. The one benefit that the RWD has is lighter weight which makes for slightly faster when you floor it on the freeway at say 40mph. In saying all this I still agree that the 75 is an amazing performance car but I bought the 75d as it was clearly better in my opinion
Wonder what makes 75 feel spongy, given they have same suspension setup? You may be right that the D car is totally worth the $5k upgrade, all else being equal.

=

You are still in the honeymoon period, wait a few months and you will get repeatedly punched in the face. Your car will become overpriced and irrelevant overnight thanks to Mr.Musk and his sales and marketing hoodlums

I've had my car over a year, the large battery has gone from 90->100, and AP2 hardware has come out with other various changes. I haven't felt punched in the face once. I do sometimes feel punched in the gut when I accelerate too fast, but that's different. There are people here on the forum still driving 2012 and 2013 cars and are very happy with them.

Just because I can't have the shiniest bauble in the toy box doesn't mean the bauble I have isn't great in and of itself.

Wonder what makes 75 feel spongy, given they have same suspension setup? You may be right that the D car is totally worth the $5k upgrade, all else being equal.
My guess was that they did infact both have the same suspension and the D being heavier makes the front feel tighter but I could be totally wrong. It could just be that the front end is lighter on the RWD and it runs different suspension setup

My VIN is 203529 and apparently went into production on the 19/6, I've been told mine has the upgrade. I don't believe them, they've made so many mistakes on this purchase it's laughable!

@mjm05 - What's your full VIN number?

I was wondering because my car and left production on the 27'th of June and I picked up up last Friday. I asked my DS about the 0-60 increase andel she said that the performance boost only applies to cars build after July 1.

I disagree. I drove both and preferred the S. Sports cars are RWD for a reason. It depends on what you're looking for but coming from a Porsche I was impressed with the feel and performance. The steering was certainly not spongy in sport mode. Plenty of traction too. I'd read others saying that and was worried but was very pleasantly surprised when I drove it.
I'm talking about serious hard driving.
Awd is superior In sports cars, think Gtr, Evo, 911 turbo etc
You need to be able to turn off the traction control on a rwd to drive it hard. The steering modes don't actually adjust the suspension

Reactions: FlatSix911
Anyone notice the new 0-60 times listed in the design center? It now shows 75 at 4.3 seconds and 75D at 4.2 seconds. That's 1.2 seconds less for 75 and 1.0 second less for the 75D. Just curious what changed? New hardware or possibly a software update? Anyhow, very pleased with new numbers!
would it be possible to find out if these changes can be made to the current model s?

That is the same response I got from my DS for my 75D with build date 6/21/2017.

Ok, now that is NOT what my, and three other's DS have said. My 75D has a production date of 12th of June, and they're telling us that all 75D's DELIVERED after 1st of July has the upgrade. I've got this in writing, where Tesla confirms that my car had the performance enhancement.