Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My theory is, the SC can do it at will. They did it on my because they had to reset everything during their inspection before the delivery. I'm guessing they just did it there as part of the process. I know someone who had a Mid June date where her car needed service. Half day of work for her service, it was fixed as well as added the performance update (came as a surprise to her).

Hm, AC was on tonight. I doubt that will add over one second though.

I just finished seven runs. Only time I got it below five was going downhill. Just as a test to see if I could even get close.

Tesla, "proved" to me it was uncorked. Though this is telling me otherwise.

Can't believe the media has not picked up this story yet? There's so many confusions and it seems like Tesla is hiding something. If they can uncork inventory cars built before July then they can do it on delivered cars as well.

Calling @FredLambert to reach out to Tesla for a clearer answer!
Don't bother Fred. Tesla has already answered this. Tesla could uncork the older cars but they don't uncork cars delivered before 1 July unless they were built after June 19th. They do uncork cars delivered after July 1st regardless of when they are built. The list of cars to get the performance upgrade is static (meaning they aren't adding any more) and they don't plan to sell an upgrade to previous owners. Hence inventory, CPO, Demo cars, loaner cars are all getting uncorked, but owners of older cars can't uncork those cars at the moment.

• Informative
Reactions: Anssi