Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if there will be any sort of "uncorking" for S75 vehicles, or if it will be limited to the S75D vehicles.
It's not looking good for us. I guess we'll be taking an even bigger depreciation hit. Not a something I saw coming. I would definitely have gotten the AWD if I knew they were going to drop a second off of the 0-60. Hopefully the insurance companies will keep in mind that we have the slow Teslas.

So 357kw / 350V (give 75kWh 5B 350VDC pack) gives around 1000A peak Current. If my calculations are correct. According to @wk057
75kWh pack can produce up to 1400A and small motor can take up to 750A.

Tesla basically bump peak current for 75kWh pack from 800A to 1000A

It's not looking good for us. I guess we'll be taking an even bigger depreciation hit.
Unless you are selling a 6month old car, I really wouldn't worry about it. 3 year old cars with AP sell for about as much as non-AP cars. 21" wheels are worth more than AP on a CPO. In 3 years, nobody will care when buying a 75. Heck, if they are that price sensitive, there will be model 3's that will accelerate same as your 75 for less money, and there will be other cars from other manufacturers. Today's power upgrade is not going to affect your resale in 3 years very much. Most buyers will not even be aware of it since it doesn't have any model designations.

So, I read this entire 36 page thread and am still confused. I have an April 2017 build S75D. Vin: 192xxx, currently on the 2017.28 c528869 firmware.

Can I get any improvement at all by calling Tesla tech support or SC and asking for uncorking?

... am still confused. I have an April 2017 build S75D....Can I get any improvement at all by calling Tesla tech support or SC and asking for uncorking?
It helps us if you call and ask and let us know how it goes. Some cars without new hardware are getting uncorked and reporting 4.1 times. Other cars have new hardware and aren't getting uncorked. I haven't figured out the uncorking pattern. Some owners are getting contacted to get uncorked. Others are calling three times and told no three different ways and on the fourth call told yes. The latter has led me to ask four different ways and be told no every time even though I have new hardware.

So what exactly are we asking for ? Uncorking ? or basically if we have the HW for a performance improvement to match what is offered on the current Model S 75 and 75 D on the configuration tool for new builds... I have a MS 75 VIN 196XXX... so reading tis thread i should call and find out ......correct?

So what exactly are we asking for ? Uncorking ? or basically if we have the HW for a performance improvement to match what is offered on the current Model S 75 and 75 D on the configuration tool for new builds... I have a MS 75 VIN 196XXX... so reading tis thread i should call and find out ......correct?
Yes correct. Also important to ask how the uncorking is delivered. Some have been told OTA others have heard you must come in to the SC to get the firmware.

You know what......I've sceptical that ANYTHING has been changed hardware wise to lower these 0-60 times.

When you see that the $44,000 Model 3 is going to be 0-60 in 5.1 they HAD to do something, they couldn't have a Model 3 which would be $$$ cheaper being faster!

They've probably been software restricting the Model S's to provide longevity to the drive units/batteries.

They've probably always been able to do this speed (maybe even faster) but they didn't want to take it to the extreme limits.

That's why it appears so random and no one can work out who's getting this 'uncorking' benefit.

Last edited:
Reactions: MIT_S60
You know what......I've sceptical that ANYTHING has been changed hardware wise to lower these 0-60 times.

When you see that the $44,000 Model 3 is going to be 0-60 in 5.1 they HAD to do something, they couldn't have a Model 3 which would be $$$ cheaper being faster!

They've probably been software restricting the Model S's to provide longevity to the drive units/batteries.

They've probably always been able to do this speed (maybe even faster) but they didn't want to do to the extreme limits.

That's why it appears so random and no one can work out who's getting this 'uncorking' benefit.

I hope that's the case! I love my car - but it's a little disappointing that my 2016 S75D is slower than the long range Model 3.