Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very lucky guy. The 400V battery is a sweet perk because you can supercharge faster too.
Got the enhanced performance today however, I don't have a 400V battery. Here is the pic of what I have.
Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 6.34.42 PM.png

Just had a ranger out to fix a small issue. Naturally I asked about the enhanced performance. He told me he checked my codes and my model 75D with vin 186xxx was flagged for performance "uncorking".

Anyone else heard this or can ask their SC to see if this is on their codes, as I have no clue wether this is true or not....

When was your car built?

Hmm, never monitored the Max output on my dashboard. What the Max output for 75D before it was uncorked?
For a 75D with old firmware, it's about 240kW. On your dashboard, change either side to energy and you will see the Max shows 200 and more
On 90D or 100D, the Max shows 300 and more. It's not a scientific way to measure the output but it's a quick way to see if Tesla increase the Max output on a 75kW battery.

For a 75D with old firmware, it's about 240kW. On your dashboard, change either side to energy and you will see the Max shows 200 and more
On 90D or 100D, the Max shows 300 and more. It's not a scientific way to measure the output but it's a quick way to see if Tesla increase the Max output on a 75kW battery.
It still shows 200 and more. Don't know if the the Max output has increased or not as the display maxes out quickly ...

Got the enhanced performance today however, I don't have a 400V battery. Here is the pic of what I have.View attachment 238149
I received my car last Friday. Same battery as you. Built week of 6/21. How did you go about getting them to increase performance. Did you just set up a service appointment or did they contact you? I was hoping the next software update would just do the trick.

I received my car last Friday. Same battery as you. Built week of 6/21. How did you go about getting them to increase performance. Did you just set up a service appointment or did they contact you? I was hoping the next software update would just do the trick.
Don't think this upgrade is possible OTA. If your car (I am not so sure about 75 since my car is 75D) was built after 6/17/2017, you should be able to get it. You would need to make an appointment at a service center for it. When you make the appointment, just tell them you need to Uncork the enhanced performance. This is so new, some of the service reps may not know what it is but definitely they offer it at Tesla service center now. Good luck!

I've used an app called Power Tools for iOS and have recorded max kw on a model s 75D of 281kw. They also have a 0-60 tracker, best I've gotten was 5.0. I would recommend downloading it and seeing if this has been upped by the uncorking.

Don't think this upgrade is possible OTA. If your car (I am not so sure about 75 since my car is 75D) was built after 6/17/2017, you should be able to get it. You would need to make an appointment at a service center for it. When you make the appointment, just tell them you need to Uncork the enhanced performance. This is so new, some of the service reps may not know what it is but definitely they offer it at Tesla service center now. Good luck!

The 60D to 75D was done OTA. It was a deep firmware update (car was dead for about 2-3 minutes) and then came back to life screen by screen. No firmware revision happened. I bet the same thing happens here and it could be OTA but right now not capable of it.

I'm hoping I can squeeze a little more performance out of my 75D VIN 1741XX built early december 2016.

Min
@turbosimon Both Norway and UK...

Could be that Tesla prioritized putting the 85 kWh batteries into international delivery cars, because those are the one's that would otherwise most easily get obsoleted before taking delivery (due to long delivery times that often span two quarters)? In the U.S. they can probably get away with making/shipping 75 kWh a bit longer...

Unless this, of course, is just an exercise to get rid of some old 85 kWh battery stock. In which case your guess is as good as mine...
mine is AU. My battery is still 75kWH 350v. I can confirmed performance upgrade tested and verified with PowerTools at 4.2s

So Tesla is in the process of changing 75 packs to software locked 85 packs and also did a performance upgrade (maybe new motors) that works with both 75 and new 85 packs? I am guessing they have a lot of 75 packs in inventory and trying to get rid of them (domestically) before announcing the new 85 pack.

• Helpful
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
So Tesla is in the process of changing 75 packs to software locked 85 packs and also did a performance upgrade (maybe new motors) that works with both 75 and new 85 packs? I am guessing they have a lot of 75 packs in inventory and trying to get rid of them (domestically) before announcing the new 85 pack.

Sounds plausible.

Shipping 85 kWh packs internationally makes sense due to the long delivery times - this let's them time the process closer at home.

Once again too bad for some customers, though.