Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's official! Got email confirming uncorking opening up. Long email, but final line is:

"...There was considerable amount of work required to get us here, but we’re looking forward to providing this as a complimentary update for the majority of our 75D customers."

Update will automatically be performed at next service visit "...we’ll simply take care of it during your next visit."

Wow... this is better than I hoped! Note that this is in response to emails I've been exchanging last few weeks.

Congratulations ... I wonder if Tesla will also uncork other D models? :cool:

I received an email from my SC this afternoon to bring in my 75D to get uncorked!!! They advised me that my car and some others
have qualified for the Performance Upgrade. Maybe all my complaints finally went through...

2017 75D delivery June 24th 2017.

So I had to bring my 75D in a couple of days ago to have the my mcu replaced bc of border green discoloration. I've been bugging the SC and some higher ups for the uncorking (April 2017). I get my car back today and it feels faster. I first noticed it while I was overtaking a car. Almost like the 90D loaner I had in the past. Thought it was in my head but just took the car out again. Don't have power tools but I can feel the difference (speed, front of car lifts up a little bit from the power and more whizzing from front motor). I wonder if they gave me the update but didn't mention. I'm on firmware 2017.40.1 e29b97f.

Or I'm just crazy lol

• Funny
Reactions: Dan60D
It's official!

Got email confirming uncorking opening up. Long email, but final line is:

"...There was considerable amount of work required to get us here, but we’re looking forward to providing this as a complimentary update for the majority of our 75D customers."

Was this email in response to something else? My Service Center is still saying its a rumor and not true. Can you share the actual email (redact whatever but share the email itself). That should put this internet rumor response to bed. Congrats.

I suppose those of us with RWD 75s are likely out in the cold.

I remember @verygreen tried to uncork a 75 RWD himself and it didn't work, but he was able to uncork a 75D.

That data point, coupled with the email referenced above that only mentions 75Ds is likely corroborating the fact that 75s are not automatically upgradable.

Does anyone know for sure if Tesla was uncorking CPO 75s? If so, that might give some hope that there isn't a hardware requirement to upgrading a 75 RWD model. Otherwise, bummer.

Were RWD CPOs uncorked???

Here is my copy of the uncorking resolution email...

Sent:
Friday, October 20, 2017 6:03 PM (PST)
To:
Subject:
Re: Tesla Followup

Back in July, we started by providing this update to a smaller population of 75D Model S and Model X to ensure quality and validation in the release. We've listened to your feedback and know that you’d like us to extend the population of eligible 75Ds, an objective we shared internally as well. Having spent the last few months validating if this is possible, we’re ready to include more customer 75Ds. There may be some cases in which we simply can’t make the update due to hardware differences, but we’ll do our best to do this for as many cars as we can.

Your local Service Center can confirm if your VIN is eligible. For eligible cars, our plan is to offer this as a complimentary update during your next Service visit so there’s no need to schedule a dedicated appointment – we’ll simply take care of it during your next visit. Please note that the performance enhancement may add up to two hours to complete and requires a hardwired connection to the car. You also have the option to opt out of this update altogether if you feel more comfortable with the current performance of your 75D.

Thanks for your patience and support while we worked through this. There was considerable amount of work required to get us here, but we’re looking forward to providing this as a complimentary update for the majority of our 75D customers.​

Last edited:
Here is my copy of the uncorking resolution email...

Back in July, we started by providing this update to a smaller population of 75D Model S and Model X to ensure quality and validation in the release. We've listened to your feedback and know that you’d like us to extend the population of eligible 75Ds, an objective we shared internally as well. Having spent the last few months validating if this is possible, we’re ready to include more customer 75Ds. There may be some cases in which we simply can’t make the update due to hardware differences, but we’ll do our best to do this for as many cars as we can.

Your local Service Center can confirm if your VIN is eligible. For eligible cars, our plan is to offer this as a complimentary update during your next Service visit so there’s no need to schedule a dedicated appointment – we’ll simply take care of it during your next visit. Please note that the performance enhancement may add up to two hours to complete and requires a hardwired connection to the car. You also have the option to opt out of this update altogether if you feel more comfortable with the current performance of your 75D.

Thanks for your patience and support while we worked through this. There was considerable amount of work required to get us here, but we’re looking forward to providing this as a complimentary update for the majority of our 75D customers.​
I wonder if you might be able to get them to divulge a VIN range.

Reactions: croman
I suppose those of us with RWD 75s are likely out in the cold.

I remember @verygreen tried to uncork a 75 RWD himself and it didn't work, but he was able to uncork a 75D.

That data point, coupled with the email referenced above that only mentions 75Ds is likely corroborating the fact that 75s are not automatically upgradable.

Does anyone know for sure if Tesla was uncorking CPO 75s? If so, that might give some hope that there isn't a hardware requirement to upgrading a 75 RWD model. Otherwise, bummer.

Were RWD CPOs uncorked???
I've been following these threads pretty closely and haven't seen a successful S75 RWD uncork. It's a bummer since I would have likely purchased an S75D over an S75 for that performance upgrade.

Reactions: KyleDay
There are three uncorked 75 RWDs in the performance metrics. Power increases 10% but more importantly initial power acceleration increases 30%. Not as high as the AWD but enough to shave a half second off the 0-60 times. No guarantees that RWDs will get the same treatment as the AWD under Uncork 2, especially if there is some small hardware involved, but it could happen.

Last edited: