Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Grabbed car last night at ~50% SoC (lame they didn’t charge it) and it’s buck wild now, even getting some tire skips.

Feels a lot like the new 100D loaner I had a few weeks ago.

I’ll say, between blasting the heat and jumping on the accelerator more than usual testing it out, it was toasting its range.
A cold battery will also sap the range, but i'd bet because the car had already been launched a few times, the battery will have warmed up.

We'll just have to wait and see as time goes on how much this affects range

Not sure the battery for the 75Ds have the ability to push the car that fast.
If you mean quickness as opposed to top speed, most of the quickness cones from torque, not power or current, so yes you could get another but smaller increase. This is why the uncorked S100D is only a touch quicker than an uncorked S75D, if the torque got increased further the gap would narrow. The biggest benefit of the higher artificial limit pf power in the S100D is the short moment where the power limit of the S100D is maxed out. The benefit of the very real higher current limit of the bigger batteries is in passing speed - more power at every speed above 60.

The torque limit on the small motors is 330Nm each. If this is a real constraint then there is only about 10% headroom left in torque. But if the power limit was raised then the quarter mile would come down a bit. If the current limit of the batteries were increased then the quarter mile times would come down considerably.

Does anyone know the exact torque number after getting uncorked?
No but we can estimate it from the power velocity: 604-628Nm depending on the battery. Specifics in the Metrics Tracking.

Last edited:
A cold battery will also sap the range, but i'd bet because the car had already been launched a few times, the battery will have warmed up.

We'll just have to wait and see as time goes on how much this affects range
This’s a good point, as I forgot to preheat prior to pickup, so she was cold-soaked. Lower 20° temps last night.

@BartJ I arrived after service had left, so I didn’t get to inquire as to what the holdup was with my car in particular, but I doubt I would’ve gotten anything definitive.

I have just got both speed upgrade and annual service.

Boy, it feels very different! 5.2 second to 4.2 second definitely is a big jump and it feels faster than my X100D which gets like 4.7 seconds.

Yeah, also it sounds more noisy when in full acceleration than before.

Maybe the loaner I got made me feeling slow drive and when I received my Model S back, it may have made me feel faster? The loander was Mercedes 2017 C300, relatively new. I really missed my car for last three days in service.

Last edited:
I picked up my S75D a couple of weeks ago now. It’s explosively fast sub 50 mph or so but feels artificially reigned in above that? Is it just me?

Has anyone done a qtr mile but recording 0-60/70/80/90/100 etc? The 100D I test drove certainly didn’t feel restricted.

I picked up my S75D a couple of weeks ago now. It’s explosively fast sub 50 mph or so but feels artificially reigned in above that? Is it just me?

Has anyone done a qtr mile but recording 0-60/70/80/90/100 etc? The 100D I test drove certainly didn’t feel restricted.
In an uncorked 100D, that's where the difference is noticeable. Coming from an 85D, I definitely felt the artificial acceleration post 45mph, so that's why the 100D blew me away

Are you sure that you were on a %100 flat road? Cuz these numbers are too good ;)

100% and I've reproduced them a day later ;)

However, now I'm on wintertyres which made it into a 4.4 second sprint (today). They just don't grip as the standard Michelins that they come one.

I've used the GPS tracker and the Dashboard for Tesla app. This is the road I use

We don't have hills in the Netherlands ;)

Had my 75D uncorked yesterday, and the difference is really incredible. Just did that run at around 60% charge, with AC on.

Attachments

• uncorked.png
    uncorked.png
    666 KB · Views: 120
  • Love
Reactions: FlatSix911