Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8.1 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had 17.24.28 for a few days now, I've noticed the following:
  • headlights don't come on when using the windscreen washer (\o/)
  • rain detection sensitivity is more in line with what I expect (low sensitivity actually feels low, I even had to move up one sensitivity level this morning driving in drizzle)
  • car doesn't do the heavy early braking that feels like it'll almost entirely stop manoeuvre it used to do when a driver in-front slows and moves over into a turning cutting
  • (perhaps just in my head): engine noise seems reduced, I used to enjoy the low whirring under hard acceleration but it seems less now, I have to turn off the radio to hear it...

I've had 17.24.28 for a few days now, I've noticed the following:
  • headlights don't come on when using the windscreen washer (\o/)
  • rain detection sensitivity is more in line with what I expect (low sensitivity actually feels low, I even had to move up one sensitivity level this morning driving in drizzle)
  • car doesn't do the heavy early braking that feels like it'll almost entirely stop manoeuvre it used to do when a driver in-front slows and moves over into a turning cutting
  • (perhaps just in my head): engine noise seems reduced, I used to enjoy the low whirring under hard acceleration but it seems less now, I have to turn off the radio to hear it...
Haha, you're going to be having a lot of trouble if you had 'engine' noise before....

Will be driving from Sydney to Queensland and back again shortly and so I am eagerly awaiting the 'smooth as silk' update. Will be really upset if it doesn't arrive by Saturday. Is there any way you can get Tesla to push the update to the car especially?

Will be driving from Sydney to Queensland and back again shortly and so I am eagerly awaiting the 'smooth as silk' update. Will be really upset if it doesn't arrive by Saturday. Is there any way you can get Tesla to push the update to the car especially?
Only a service appointment. Also, tech services on the phone can force a download but they would probably not do it without some issue reported.
It should arrive pretty soon, the rollout is racing ahead according to ev-fw.com

Haha, you're going to be having a lot of trouble if you had 'engine' noise before....

Yeah ok, "motor" noise :) The more I drive the more I'm thinking this isn't just in my head... could it be a change in when a dual motor Tesla uses both motors? I swear I barely hear anything on road segments when I used to be able to hear the motors whirring a little bit... I feel like I need to be even more on the look out for pedestrians stepping out from between cars now.

IMG_0790.JPG
17.26.76 50 minutes to download. Haven't driven yet