Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

980 vs 990 motor settled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There’s a 10% coupon they have now. “GoFaster10” if you plan on ordering.
(Moderator note: its not necessary to bump each thread about this product with a coupon code. it starts to look like you are advertising for them. Regular user sharing is allowed, but advertising requires something different. I am assuming this is regular user sharing, but bumping multiple threads with coupon codes looks like something different.)

I’m new here so I don’t really know how this works I have a wild question! Can you get a 50 boost then pay for Tesla performance upgrade? What will happen?

Are you talking about the 50 boost from Ingenext? You can only upgrade to a Performance if you have a 980 motor. Otherwise you're SOL. But if you decide to pay for the 50 boost then later you want the Ghost upgrade and you have a 980, maybe you'll get a discount or maybe you won't - You'd have to talk with them about it.

Not sure why anyone thinks they'd get anything else?

All this thing does- performance wise- is tell your car it's a different, factory-stock, config...so performance should be identical to that other config from the factory.

Yeah we know what it does. It's just in actual testing, results vary as stated clearly on their website. 3.1 is better than some people with M3Ps actually get when they test their cars. Obviously, there are several factors that play into the results. For 2k, if you're willing to put up with the possible warranty / update hassle, it's not that bad looking at the pricing again. I assumed (wrongly) it was more than 2k.

Yeah we know what it does. It's just in actual testing, results vary as stated clearly on their website. 3.1 is better than some people with M3Ps actually get when they test their cars. Obviously, there are several factors that play into the results. For 2k, if you're willing to put up with the possible warranty / update hassle, it's not that bad looking at the pricing again. I assumed (wrongly) it was more than 2k.
they have really good sales when the times comes, especially black friday