Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

a long tube rather than a funnel to add windshield washer fluid?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How about cutting the top off an empty windshield washer bottle and flipping it over to make it a never-miss funnel?
Good idea! I haven't kept any empty ones but "clear funnel" works as a shopping query.

Your service center refills your washer fluid?
Yes. They also plug the car into an L2 charger at servicing it.

Just send it…

IMG_0039.gif

Here's the solution: when you first get the fluid low message, measure how much liquid you need to add to top it off. I measured 10 cups.

Put 10 cups of water into a jug and draw a line at the top of the water.

Next time you get the message, fill the jug to the line with water and pour it in. No need to watch. No funnel needed. Finally, add the recommended amount of Kristal Klar fluid.

Use something else in cold climates.

Reactions: Joesmoe3
Here's the solution: when you first get the fluid low message, measure how much liquid you need to add to top it off. I measured 10 cups.

Put 10 cups of water into a jug and draw a line at the top of the water.

Next time you get the message, fill the jug to the line with water and pour it in. No need to watch. No funnel needed. Finally, add the recommended amount of Kristal Klar fluid.

Use something else in cold climates.
That's a fine strategy but I just top up before a trip or occasionally when cleaning the car.

What's the scoop on Kristall Klar? Better than a blue gallon at ACE?

Before a trip into a freezing area, how would you replace or modify the tank of washer fluid?

Can anyone recommend a suitable size bottle with a long neck like this? Or a long neck attachment for the usual gallon bottle?

Dude, control-pouring liquid out of a bottle is a basic life-skill you are meant to develop on your own.
Are you also going to use long-neck funnel to pour milk out of a jug into a coffee cup?

Practice a little, you will figure it out.
No harm in spilling some in the interim!

Before a trip into a freezing area, how would you replace or modify the tank of washer fluid?

You wouldn't modify anything.
Around that time of the year when freezing spells are on the horizon (aka fall/winter), one learns to stock up on -20F windshield washer fluid.
Start using it to fill-up the washer reservoir in advance, and you will be all set. Unless you are planning to move to Alaska/Canada, in which case, you will have bigger problems to address then washer fluid selection!

a

What's the scoop on Kristall Klar? Better than a blue gallon at ACE?
I love this stuff. You buy one small container, and it lasts for a long time. No need to store gallons of blue stuff or pick up a new container each time. Plus, you don't need to use distilled water.
Here I am in Wyoming at a hotel desperately trying to defrost the frozen wiper fluid. Drove from California to Denver in the winter. It's a showstopper when it freezes.

1000000677.png

To replace it, just run the sprayer until it runs out.

Reactions: Transformer
Dude, control-pouring liquid out of a bottle is a basic life-skill you are meant to develop on your own.
Are you also going to use long-neck funnel to pour milk out of a jug into a coffee cup?
Model 3 is the first car where I can't hold a (gallon) bottle below the refill opening then tip it to start a controlled pour, also one of the few cars where I can't see the fluid level until it's near the top. A (non-clear) funnel handles the former but not the latter.

If you can pour from a foot up without spilling a bunch then great.

You wouldn't modify anything.
Around that time of the year when freezing spells are on the horizon (aka fall/winter), one learns to stock up on -20F windshield washer fluid.
I get that's how you'd do it but we don't have freezing spells here. It's an issue only on some road trips.

Here I am in Wyoming at a hotel desperately trying to defrost the frozen wiper fluid. Drove from California to Denver in the winter. It's a showstopper when it freezes.
That's what I call 'progress', California style. Save the planet from the TEENSY amount of VOCs in wiper fluid, then burn some dinosaur juice defrosting the system(if your are lucky), or replace the tank and pump(if you are not lucky).

Suffice it to say I will never be installing freezable wiper fluid in any of my vehicles. As it stands, I usually get the -30F stuff.

Model 3 is the first car where I can't hold a (gallon) bottle below the refill opening then tip it to start a controlled pour,

Really?
Why not?

Here is a pic of me pouring in the windshield washer fluid with one hand, and taking pic with another earlier today.
I survived. It wasn't THAT hard:
1702912607848.png

also one of the few cars where I can't see the fluid level until it's near the top. A (non-clear) funnel handles the former but not the latter.

All of my cars have been that way since late 90s, when engine compartments started getting filled with plastic shrouds (for no good reason).
You learn to listen to the sound of the filling windshield washer reservoir. The pitch changes when it's almost full.

If you can pour from a foot up without spilling a bunch then great.

Spilling a little is OK.
Your fluid delivery aim will improve with practice!

1702915349391.png
1702915420269.png

I get that's how you'd do it but we don't have freezing spells here. It's an issue only on some road trips.

If it's an issue, we've proposed solutions.
If it's not an issue, then you have nothing to worry about.

Pour away!

a