Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
When I drive my '80's era Porsche around, other drivers of old Porsches will always wave or blink their headlights just to say hello and to recognize how rare these cars are. People who drive the new expensive Porsches never wave.

When driving my Y around I find some of the Tesla drivers wave, they usually drive a 3 or a Y. I guess they are still kind of rare in northern New England (as opposed to Hong Kong). I thought it would be cool to come up with a standard salutation - should it be a wave or a blink of the headlights... and then I though of the perfect salutation-
When you see another Tesla - you should hold both hands up over your steering wheel in the
"Look Ma! No Hands!" gesture - because after all, who else has cars that drive themselves at this point!
Of course this comes with the obvious disclaimer that you need to do this safely you knucklehead, and not drive off the outside of a curve because you didn't have AutoSteer on....
So- from now on I'm going to give other Tesla's the "Look Ma! No Hands!" gesture and see if it catches on.

,,, ,,, *
\_(ツ)_/

Just get one of these. "Look, Ma. One finger."
81dK5HaA7tL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Funny
  • Love
Reactions: JWardell and webbah
I also drive an old restored '83 CJ7. The Jeep wave is a thing. My son and I are trying to get it to be a Tesla thing as well. He has a M3, my wife and I both have MYs. When ever we see another Tesla on the road, we give a friendly two finger and thumb wave. I'd say that only 25% of the people waved at wave back. But those that do are always smiling. Maybe it will catch on, maybe not.