Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A thread for people with no problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model S 60 delivered September 2016, 15k miles, 2 (minor) problems. Cruise control and AP(1) periodically would be disabled. Service center sent a technician to the house, replaced the forward-facing camera, no problems since. Summon disabled a couple of weeks ago, fixed with a soft reboot. Tires rotated at service, all is good. 300wh/mi, including a trip from San Diego to Santa Fe and from San Diego to Atlanta.

Reactions: TLej
Model S 100D delivered late March, 7400 miles. I LOVE THIS CAR!! There have been some minor quirks (A/C didn't get cold once, but was fine the next morning, seat belt stopped latching once, but was able to fix that myself). I've had 2 summon "incidents", but I still use it reliably every day to pull into my garage. I use EAP every day on my commute, for nearly the entire time. It is simply awesome, and has transformed my commute (not to mention using the carpool lane).

My Dec 2014 P85DL has 30,000 miles and has had two countable issues:
1. the 12 V battery failed, but that was unrelated to Tesla, since it appeared to emanate from my 3rd party charger malfunction. Tesla fixed it free anyway.
2. The charger door did not close properly on a trip. Tesla replaced it during a 20 minute Supercharging stop contiguous to a service center.
That's it!
I have never had any other car so reliable as my Tesla.
I have never had such good service treatment as I have had from Tesla.

Got my MS 85 Sept 29, 2014. Currently has just under 27,000 miles. Very reliable, only problem was one of the door handles didn't present about a year after I received it. Cincinnati Tesla Service fixed it immediately. Everything else has been flawless. I love it!

S 90D, shipped June 16, 28'000 km
It’s the best car I ever had in 40 years of driving!

No real issues so far.
Minor things were a stuck charge port in winter and speaker vibrations that were fixed in no time during the yearly inspection
I love to accelerate thus my tires are soon to be replaced

Ahh, just remembering ... not a big thing, just annoying!

Before the yearly inspection I could wake up the car from my Android App with the energy saving option set to ON.
Since then I cannot wake it up from the App when in sleep mode.
The App and connection works if the car has just been parked or is charging.
At the inspection my SIM card was replaced; I suspect that to be the issue.

The TESLA call agent said there is no problem, I just need to switch the energy saving option OFF.
With set to OFF I can connect at any time but do consume more power.

In the TFF-Forum.de I found quite some others having the same issue. Seems to be a European problem!

Hope this will be fixed in the near future!

• Informative
I must be in the minority here, and I'm okay with that, but I just thought I'd create a thread for those of us that have had trouble-free experiences so far since I've searched the site and been unable to find one.

It's been 637 days and 46,275 km since I got my Model S. So far I have not had to replace a door handle, mirror, touchscreen, drive unit, charge-port door, or any other piece of hardware. I have added windshield washer fluid, once. I have rotated the tires 4 times with even tire wear and no noticeable brake wear. I have had a tire puncture repaired, but am still on my original 19" Michelins (I have not yet put winter tires on, but might need to this year) and have my original 12V battery and wiper blades. My car has never seen a Ranger or a service centre, although I'll probably get the 2-year service done later this year now that a service centre has opened about 3 hours away. I have replaced one windshield, and 2 weeks after getting the replacement got another un-fixable rock chip, however I don't see that as being a quality-control problem. I have rashed 2 rims slightly :( but that's all on me.

I have had the usual issues with GPS getting confused, non-random shuffle play of USB-sourced music, the car occasionally not triggering the garage door to open or close, and other software-related items. I don't consider those to be "problems", because they are annoying when they happen but they usually resolve on their own, and if not then a reboot cures it. Except the non-random shuffle; it will be a happy day indeed when they figure out that seemingly insurmountable technical challenge :D.

I am grateful that I have not had to deal with issues that many or most of you have, and I'm not trying to minimize those who have had issues, but I did want to point out that Tesla does have the ability to build a quality, reliable car, and I'm glad that I got one of those ones. Hopefully I haven't jinxed myself with this thread :rolleyes:. Any other trouble-free owners out there?
Ditto for me and I'm at 45K miles. I even quit rotating tires after the first one because the treadwear was so uniform. Wish people would stop backing into me.

#119937 (Dec 2015 delivery) Model S 85D with 43,449 miles and no service visits except to replace a windshield. I just put on my second set of tires on 19" rims but that's because I can't keep from driving it hard. Just too much fun. So in addition to one new set of wiper blades, that's my only service cost so far. I will rotate the new set of tires more and slow down a little (maybe) and expect I'll get 30K+ out of this set.

Service in Denver has been very slow to get into from what I've heard (luckily not needed) but they just moved into a new location that is waaaaaay larger so I expect things will be much improved going forward if I need it.

Road trip from Denver to Seattle (via Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Oregon) was my first test of long range electric travel. Super chargers worked beautifully to get me everywhere I wanted to go and each stop was a welcome break. Destination charging at hotels takes care of the rest. As in Yellowstone where I wasn't going to make the next super charger in West Yellowstone. My only consequence (benefit actually) was having to spend about 3.5 hours at the Old Faithful lodge area to get charged. It was a beautiful day and I hiked around much more than I would have otherwise. They had 4, 40amp plugs, 2 were ICED, one with a Hummer. Grrrrr! But it got me charged and on my way.

I had my golf clubs, mountain bike, camping/backpacking stuff, and luggage for a month all in the car with room to spare. It's been a great ski car in the winter with superb traction and room for 3 plus all our gear. (No roof rack, just folding down the seat)

I rent it out on Turo.com as a way to introduce the car to others and evangelize the benefits of electric. Having to drive my Toyota during those rental periods really adds to my appreciation of all those benefits. Two renters have since purchased. I will never go back to an ICE vehicle. Thanks Tesla for making the change happen. Others would still be stuck with their heads up their oil wells if you hadn't built such amazing cars.

Reading the above, my 2015 P90D must be a lemon, as it has a long list of on-going problems that Tesla can't fix. Most serious one -- which they did fix -- was the main battery failure when the car was 6 months old, and which it then took Tesla 7 months to correct.

So -- for all of you enjoying trouble free miles (or Km) realize that you are among the blessed and enjoy your cars!!!!! I'm envious!!!!

Perfection! We've had our Model S P90D for 13 months and 14,000 miles. Zero issues, absolutely zero. I enjoy fussing over it almost as much as I enjoy driving it. In my 70 years, I've never known a more perfect consumer product of any kind.

2012 Model S D85 29,000 miles of total trouble-free driving. 1x /yr check-ups at Sevice Center since new and no issues, except a rodent(?) chewed through a wire (no joke) which had to be replaced.

Best car I've ever owned by far. We love it and we are on the list to get a Model 3.

I must be in the minority here, and I'm okay with that, but I just thought I'd create a thread for those of us that have had trouble-free experiences so far since I've searched the site and been unable to find one.

It's been 637 days and 46,275 km since I got my Model S. So far I have not had to replace a door handle, mirror, touchscreen, drive unit, charge-port door, or any other piece of hardware. I have added windshield washer fluid, once. I have rotated the tires 4 times with even tire wear and no noticeable brake wear. I have had a tire puncture repaired, but am still on my original 19" Michelins (I have not yet put winter tires on, but might need to this year) and have my original 12V battery and wiper blades. My car has never seen a Ranger or a service centre, although I'll probably get the 2-year service done later this year now that a service centre has opened about 3 hours away. I have replaced one windshield, and 2 weeks after getting the replacement got another un-fixable rock chip, however I don't see that as being a quality-control problem. I have rashed 2 rims slightly :( but that's all on me.

I have had the usual issues with GPS getting confused, non-random shuffle play of USB-sourced music, the car occasionally not triggering the garage door to open or close, and other software-related items. I don't consider those to be "problems", because they are annoying when they happen but they usually resolve on their own, and if not then a reboot cures it. Except the non-random shuffle; it will be a happy day indeed when they figure out that seemingly insurmountable technical challenge :D.

I am grateful that I have not had to deal with issues that many or most of you have, and I'm not trying to minimize those who have had issues, but I did want to point out that Tesla does have the ability to build a quality, reliable car, and I'm glad that I got one of those ones. Hopefully I haven't jinxed myself with this thread :rolleyes:. Any other trouble-free owners out there?

We’ve had no problems with our 2015 S85D (47k). A month ago we left our home on N. CA and headed east to NY. On our way home. In CO now. Will spend a few nights in Breckinridge and again in SLC. Should be home in a week. Fun trip.

Trigger is my Model S 75's name. Remember Roy Rogers? I have 13,000 miles on the clock with one round trip to the Grand Canyon from Houston. I am beyond pleased with every aspect of my Model S. The Houston Service Center replaced my Park brake calipers during my First Annual Service. And what a report did I get. Details with numbers of everything they checked, pages of it. They even print out wheel alignment measurements before and after alignment. I have never never gotten that much information on previously owned cars (BMW Roadsters, VW's, and a Sterling which was serviced by Rolls-Royce).
I did have one service experience while on the Grand Canyon Trip. At the start of a day about mid way I got a message that "Driver Assist Features" were not available in a yellow box in the instrument panel. I've read the blogs. I 'm an engineer, I'll just reboot the computers. I did and that was no help. So I called the California Help Line 877 number and the very pleasant lady listened to my problem and efforts to fix it. Then she ran some diagnostics over the car's cell phone link and found no major problems but she said "Let's try a Power OFF reset" she talked me through that on my cell phone and stayed on the line during the entire process which took about 5 minutes. When I restarted Trigger the message was gone. We were not done yet. She stayed on line until I pulled out onto I-40 and took her up to 60 mph and engaged AP-1. It worked perfectly!
Now that is road service --- no matter where you are! Or should we call it Customer Care? In either case her parting words were "Have a nice trip" and I could tell she meant it. We settled back into Tesla Comfort and listened to streaming Classical Music in the desert of NewMexico. Life is really good!

I noticed that you mention putting Winter tires on, when we bought our Model S and picked it up last June, we were told we wouldn't need Winter tires. I was about to put my two sets of Winter tires from our trade-in cars (Lexus and Prius) on line to sell. Perhaps I should check the size of these and keep to put on our new Tesla if they fit? Can anyone advise me?