Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A thread for people with no problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love it.. .I smoked one just the other night. They had it all hopped up, loud exhaust.

I was like.... "Cya!"

I have 2 years and four months of teleporting. 70K Miles of the most satisfying, out of this world, trouble free driving experience. Although I will say this car may have caused some Mustang owners to visit their service centers to complain of lack of acceleration.

• Funny
Reactions: Elliott P100D
Never had any PROBLEMS with my 85D, with 61600Km (40K mi), since November 2015. I did long travels to the east of Europe, occasionally drive hard or fast. A few visits to the SC for minor questions and maintenance - I consider that completely normal.

One problem with the drivers door that could not open any more from the outside: was quickly fixed by the SC.
Had to reboot the system about 4 times: that's still much better than my PC or my Mac...;)

I'm even happy to see that my tires wear down much less than I initially expected: about 45K km on one set and still good to go; the rest on the winter set which is still almost new.

Thank you for this thread: rare to see a positive approach on the net.

Reactions: TLej
5/15 70D here. 44k miles (lease is 45k - ouch).

Very soon after delivery, my arm rest got loose. About 6 months in, it fell off. Took to SC. They kept it for 2 hours, cleaned it and drove it to my workplace - and swapped out my gym bag from the loaner.

I change wiper blades after 2 years. I just did the tires at 40k miles. I swapped one battery in the main remote but I need to again.

No annual service, no fluid changes, haven't done cabin air filter, original 12V battery.

Now I did have several accidents. Hit while parked in lot, rear ended while stopped at red light, and took out a deer. I got an insurance covered alignment at 40k miles for that. I've also had hail damage but the deer got most of that fixed for me. I did pay $500 for car rental when I ran out of insurance because of waiting for parts.....

We shall see what Tesla wants to do to me when I try to turn the lease in. Probably makes sense to buy it to avoid the over-mileage and lack of service fees...

New owner here - just picked up my new model s 75d late September. Wish I can say I had no issues but I’m not complaing as they gave me a p car loaner ;-). I’m sure they will have my car for over a week. Im so much more tolerant and accepting of Tesla than I have been with Audi!

I must be in the minority here, and I'm okay with that, but I just thought I'd create a thread for those of us that have had trouble-free experiences so far since I've searched the site and been unable to find one.

It's been 637 days and 46,275 km since I got my Model S. So far I have not had to replace a door handle, mirror, touchscreen, drive unit, charge-port door, or any other piece of hardware. I have added windshield washer fluid, once. I have rotated the tires 4 times with even tire wear and no noticeable brake wear. I have had a tire puncture repaired, but am still on my original 19" Michelins (I have not yet put winter tires on, but might need to this year) and have my original 12V battery and wiper blades. My car has never seen a Ranger or a service centre, although I'll probably get the 2-year service done later this year now that a service centre has opened about 3 hours away. I have replaced one windshield, and 2 weeks after getting the replacement got another un-fixable rock chip, however I don't see that as being a quality-control problem. I have rashed 2 rims slightly :( but that's all on me.

I have had the usual issues with GPS getting confused, non-random shuffle play of USB-sourced music, the car occasionally not triggering the garage door to open or close, and other software-related items. I don't consider those to be "problems", because they are annoying when they happen but they usually resolve on their own, and if not then a reboot cures it. Except the non-random shuffle; it will be a happy day indeed when they figure out that seemingly insurmountable technical challenge :D.

I am grateful that I have not had to deal with issues that many or most of you have, and I'm not trying to minimize those who have had issues, but I did want to point out that Tesla does have the ability to build a quality, reliable car, and I'm glad that I got one of those ones. Hopefully I haven't jinxed myself with this thread :rolleyes:. Any other trouble-free owners out there?

Usually people will only post a comment when they’re dissatisfied. Rarely people post when they’re happy. Looking at sites like this is like looking at WebMD.com.... everything you read on there leads to you possibly having cancer lol. I’ve only had my Tesla Model S 60 kw for a little over a month now. I bought it CPO with 37K miles. I’ve racked up a lot of miles already being that I work 45 miles away from home. So far it’s been great. No complaints at all. I may hear little clicks and squeaks here and there but nothing serious. My charging cable stopped working about a week ago. I’m overlooking that since it obviously belonged to the previous owner and it was a little banged up. I live in Louisville, KY and I work in E-Town KY. Since there are no dealerships here in KY, the manager of the Cincinnati dealership personally drove all the way to my work and brought me a brand new one still in the package. But yea so far so good.

• Funny
Reactions: TLej and tomas
OK, I spoke too soon. We were about 2 hours from home when the passenger door lock failed. We were at the Flagstaff supercharger and we could no longer latch the passenger door. The good and bad news: We called Tesla Service and had to wait 22 minutes on the phone. They were very friendly and had us try a few things. She mentioned that the inside door handle is mechanical and you can hold it open while closing the door. This didn't help at first. Back on a short hold why I tried it a few more times and was able to latch the door all the way closed. When the service rep came back on the phone she was going to suggest a flatbed truck (2+ hours back to Tempe I guess) but luckily this wasn't needed. We drove it home and were able to lock the door one more time.
Called my local service this morning and they checked on the part before I brough it in. Good luck so I drove in and was going to wait for the car. Not so fast, more parts were needed and they are checking on those now while I took a loaner X. Good news is that they are ordering the parts for both doors. I guess mine were at revision 2 (already replaced ones I didn't even know) but they are now on revision 3. Glad to see they are proactive and replace both of them. Now I just have to wait and see how long it will take.

So... Don't post here or you will jinx yourself :oops:

PS: Loaner is 75D. Noticeably slower than our 90D

Well, I’ve just passed my third Teslaversary with my S (as of Dec 29), and I’m happy to say my luck has held so far. Now at 72,784.4 km lifetime on the car at an average of 201 Wh/km, having consumed 14,618.3 kWh of electricity to date. Still no issues with the car, however I have now had the 12V battery replaced. I also did the 2-yr service on the car (I was a little late, closer to 60,000 km and 27 months in), so I have now replaced windshield wiper blades. I also put new tires on the car about a year ago as the OEM tires just weren’t cutting it for winter use any longer. There were no issues found on the car at the 2-year inspection.

My 80,000 km warranty number is fast approaching, so I am debating already whether to purchase the extended warranty. Leaning towards not buying it, but since I have not had to replace any of the more common items yet (door handles) the warranty might wind up being worth it. Still a couple of months to decide.

There is one outstanding recall on the car, for the power steering unit bolt replacement, which I will ask to have done when I get my pre-80k service done. Then the next question will be whether to buy it out when my lease is up in another year, or turn it in for a lease or purchase of a 3 (or maybe hold out for a Y). This should be an interesting year!

Happy New Year everyone, and best wishes for 2019!

My second Teslaversary is this week for my Red TM3 named Rosebud. Considering how much I do with this car it is surprising that there have been no real issues with the car. I put in my own tow hitch and frunk lift and the car still seems to work great. I did have it fail to charge at a desert Supercharger which had me scared, but a call to Tesla who talked me thru a full reset and I could charge and was on my way.

Whew!

This thread has been quiet for a while!

I'm coming up on 4 years and only a few minor problems here and there. The scariest was last October north of Lake Shasta on I-5 all the tire pressure sensors went nuts over a span of about 5 minutes saying all 4 tires were getting dangerously low. I pulled off, rebooted the car, and that didn't work. I called Tesla roadside assistance and they told me to pump up the tires ASAP. I did and the problem went away, but as the day wore on I had to keep bleeding air off the tires at every stop because they were over pressure.

The 90% range had been 268 miles since day 1, but at a stop in Sacramento I charged to 95% and the 90% has been 262 miles ever since. Though one leg of the trip mostly level in the valley the miles driven plus miles remaining was 269 so I think it's reporting low now.

That and one flat tire is about it for problems.

I guess I should add an update then, now that I'm past my 4-year Teslaversary. Still no major issues with the car - had my 2nd 12V battery changed about a month ago, and it's just about time for new tires again as I'm past 100,000 km. The only problem I've had is the front passenger door handle stopped extending a couple of weeks ago after a hard cold snap. The mobile ranger came out to replace it (about a $300 repair) but it turned out it wasn't the handle module that had failed, it was a wire in the wire harness that was broken. I had to take it in to the service center to get it diagnosed since the mobile ranger wasn't equipped to fully diagnose the issue, so the SvC jury-rigged a temporary fix until they can get the part ordered and delivered, and then the ranger will be able to swap it out. Although it would be preferable to not have the handle fail, the repair cost is reasonable and my service experience has been very good.

Range seems to be holding around 440 km on a full charge, which of course is highly weather-dependent.

Still a happy customer, although I do forsee an MCU swap at some point in my future. All in all, my service and out-of-warranty costs are still lower than my wife's maintenance costs have been on her 2018 Volvo XC 60.

Update to my post a few pages back: It's over 3 years since the car was into the S.C. for any repair. Current mileage: 15,700. Upgraded to 75D. 90% charge is now about 198 miles. I have thought of trading up to a new Model X. My resale should be good - this car is in perfect condition. A new one would have the latest electronics and 100 miles more in range, free supercharging and a fresh warrantee. But what if it is a problem car? This one has been great but do I want to roll the dice on another one? Still thinking...

Hopefully I don't jinx myself my joining this thread. Add me to the list of happy ms owners with no problems. It's 32 months old with 17.5K mi. and receives TLC like my previous vehicles. My only service has been tire balancing / rotation , repairing two tire punctures, and adding washer fluid. None of these are Tesla faults. I didn't like SC refusal to repair a tire puncture when outside 1 inch of tire center line. They want to profit from a new tire sale and highly recommended buying a pair. Hogwash . I understand repairs on edge are unsafe.

Beware of body repairs. A stupid accident (my fault,) replacing rear passenger door & hinge cost my insurance company $17K !

Okay I like this thread but i have 2 small problems with my new to me MS (now 11.5k miles)

1. Air/Wind and associated noise seeps in through an unsealed? portion of the driver side window
2. Warped spots on the wind shield

But other than those two small issues, she's a dream!

Okay I like this thread but i have 2 small problems with my new to me MS (now 11.5k miles)

1. Air/Wind and associated noise seeps in through an unsealed? portion of the driver side window
2. Warped spots on the wind shield

But other than those two small issues, she's a dream!
For the noise: in my case, the issue is the little triangle window in the front (on the passenger side). A little push every so often helps; sometimes from the outside, sometimes from the inside.

For the noise: in my case, the issue is the little triangle window in the front (on the passenger side). A little push every so often helps; sometimes from the outside, sometimes from the inside.

It appears its actually not coming from the triangle window, but by the upper left corner where the glass meets the top of the door frame and the middle pillar w/ the camera. It appears the glass may be slightly misaligned and does not seal tight enough when closed.