Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About time to unveil the D and something else

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mike I was told that the car will now be sent back to California be rebuilt and a new VIN assigned. Hope this diappointment will be worth it. The silver lineing is I will get all the updates !

Despite the Presidential TFR, the runway at Hawthorne (HHR) is not closed or scheduled to be closed. As I said back here: About time to unveil the D and something else - Page 45 the FAA is not going to let a private company shut down the only runway at a class B public airport for a product demo.

Hawthorne is Class D airspace, not Class B. Unless you just meant "less important than LAX".

I have trouble believing that any announcement tonight would scorn any recent purchasers. I am more referring to guesses that they would have AWD on every Model S and no price increase.

Can you imagine all the pissed off customers who just took delivery in the last couple weeks? I am in that boat. I know some guys were really pissed off they did not get the new sensors. I don't think the new sensors is a big enough deal to significantly effect resale value though. Having an 85 AWD come out at the same price a week later would have a significant impact on my resale value. Then they are going to turn around and invite me to the event 2 days after delivery to rub it in? I would think not.

I think AWD will come out, but it will be at a higher cost and possibly on only certain models.
The "and something else" is probably Driver Assist features. The ones that Tesla DS and sales associates admit are on the car, but say they are not allowed to talk about until it is "announced". This sounds like a convenient time to announce it and is almost to coincidental to not be associated.

The statements from Elon about people not understanding the magnitude most definitely could be referring to the Driver Assist feautres as he likely sees that as a big part of Tesla and driving as a whole.