Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About time to unveil the D and something else

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What I'm wondering is whether Tesla reveals everything in their press releases.

Anyone know how Apple handles its secret new products? I can't imagine they would officially tell news outlets ahead of time.

Apple does, for at least certain outlets (WSJ/Mossberg, The Verge, Gizmodo, USA Today, etc.) That's how they get the product reviews and first looks out within minutes of the end of the Apple presentation, all at the same time.

The concept of an embargo isn't foreign to the press and it usually works like it's supposed to.

proxy.jpg

Model S P85D is 0-60 in 3.2 seconds. USA Today broke the embargo:

Tesla: No self-driver, but exotic features and go-fast model

That's jaw-dropping gut-wrenching supercar territory! WOW!!

That is supercar territory! That will make me want to buy another one.. however of course.. deep down I wish they kept it under 3.. like 2.9 or something hahahahaha At least all surprise isn't gone yet.. I'm still waiting to hear the top speed and the price.. since I've hit 135 mph many times in the P85+ and wish it'll go faster and two.. the cooling is improved.

Larry

HAWTHORNE, Calif. — Tesla Motors didn't announce the self-driving car that some had expected but did roll out an exotic suite of driver-aid and safety features Thursday night.

And it said it'll have a hopped-up version of its Model S that has all-wheel drive and blasts to 60 mph in little more than 3 seconds.

This story was posted at 6pm local