Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About time to unveil the D and something else

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what I heard:
* 2-motor AWD
* 3.2s 0-60
* 155mph top speed
* better range
* electromechanical brakes
* full authority electric steering
* all cars produced in last 2 weeks have all the hardware to enable ACC, Lane assist, self-parking, etc.
* car recall (connected to the calendar) and car self-park (both on private property only) and lots of other cool self-driving scenarios to be enabled via updates in the future

I understand most of the hardware is not retrofittable. Major bummer for existing owners

wow, can't wait to see what the shorts have to say!!!
no mention of cost but that is not a surprise. Also Elon didn't mention what USA Today reported to be able to change lanes if you put on your blinker.

I agree.. Stock should respond nicely to this. It was a tsunami of features. I don't think that was all baked in to the current price.. Yippee.. Now I just need to find a way to upgrade. Hmm.

Would have been nice to for Elon to give a bit more info on how this affects the current lineup of vehicles and since they've already announced the Model X it would have been great to hear about how these updates affect it as well.

-J

It's safe to assume the Model X will have these features and very likely the Model 3 will at least have them as an option, if not standard equipment by then.

If the car can come and find me at the mall, meaning get out of it's parking spot and drive to me, it sounds like Tesla is pretty much autopilot ready, and will just be waiting on red tape to make it legal, hence the "only on private property" line. If it can come find me safely, then it can safely drive itself to a destination with me in the car too!

If they are putting sensors on all models at the factory, does that mean the safety features at least will be included at no extra charge?

Good question. That would be really cool if it was a standard feature. On the other hand, it could work like supercharging.. All cars come with the capability, and the Tesla mothership just needs to activate it to turn it on - for a fee.