Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About time to unveil the D and something else

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Employee here told me D is a 15k option on P85 available 12/2014. 4k option for 85 and 60, available 2/2015. Not sure if he was well-informed. P85 top speed 155.

What I felt was an important comment from Musk was that the performance AWD option would keep the current motor and add "the midsized motor", and I took that to imply that the base AWD would split the motors, downsizing the rear motor, which would help keep the cost down. I think that's more important than the headline 3.2s performance system.

I'd also note that the wording on Autopilot seemed to be that they'd gradually add the described features and so I hope all of you people who are actual rather than future customers don't drool too much right now, lest you be disappointed.

Still,after the news that there was no news on the X, I think that this reveal was good. Now to wait to see implementation.

Just checked out design studio: 60D adds $4k for AWD, splits power 50/50 front and rear. Says 225@65, obviously doesn't have EPA rating yet . Will be interesting to see how EPA will be affected.

Last edited:
Auto park? Mind: blown
fe91a3dc38b1981226c5c025fc759674.jpg

Tesla now has nearly self driving and self parking cars, faster at every model level, and with longer range.

Shortly before the reveals, somebody scoffed at me when I said my early VIN Model S was obsolete after only 2 years...

I wish I could upgrade. This was already a once in a lifetime purchase for me. I'm banking on a minimum 10 years of ownership, preferably 15.

That autopilot! Instant obsolescence of the first ~40k MS produced.

Same here, but in addition, if a few tense cases, I had enough space to stop and not hit the car in front of me, but not enough for the guy behind me to stop in time, so I I've had to swerve into the shoulder in order to avoid getting rear-ended.

While the sensors could detect all of that, I'm not sure the code is going to make that same call... it will likely just apply brakes to avoid teh car in front. The car in back, SOL.

I've done the same to avoid having the car in back hit me, but even more important is that I've multiple times in my life had to move to the shoulder as I am braking because I can tell there is not enough room for me to stop without hitting the car in front of me. Will the Model S simply brake straight or will it be willing/able to move to the shoulder if there is not enough space or if the wheels are locking up?

Tesla spokesperson guy said it won't start until the end of 2015/early 2016. That is the three year mark of the guaranteed value program where people can start selling the car back.
Why would they wait until the original leases are up, when they will get tons of MS trade-ins for AWD's starting in 2 months, and MX's next year? Why let Auto Nation take the trades, when Tesla can take them, CPO them, and take the profit from Auto Nation?