Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

AWD (Non P) - Will you buy the $2k "Acceleration Boost" to get 0-60 mph in 3.9s (from current 4.4s)?

• Yes, this is what I've been waiting for!

Votes: 65 7.9%
  • Yes, I want a full uncork to Stealth Performance but this is better than nothing

Votes: 220 26.7%
  • Yes, for other reasons

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • No, I only want a full uncork to Stealth Performance

Votes: 182 22.1%
  • No, I don't want or care to pay for any additional performance

Votes: 140 17.0%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 44 5.3%
  • I'm not a Non-P AWD owner, but just want to vote

Votes: 158 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn’t we get this for free when they gave us 5% increase in power in an earlier update. Or are they now taking it away? Also, 2k was the price to upgrade to p3- stealth with a 0-60 time of 3.2 seconds.. this seems like a rip off tbh.

Reactions: SoCalGuy
I read the news and logged in, but didn't see any upgrade options online on a PC. You're seeing this on your phone, logged into your Telsa account?

Yes, but it’s hard to find. From a small screen, you have to tap this little arrow from the page for your Model 3 to slide over to the “upgrades” pane.

17EF7431-314A-4F62-A73B-6EF08776CBB6.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: nojtheta
Didn’t we get this for free when they gave us 5% increase in power in an earlier update. Or are they now taking it away? Also, 2k was the price to upgrade to p3- stealth with a 0-60 time of 3.2 seconds.. this seems like a rip off tbh.
They’re not taking that away. The 5% increase is what took us from 4.5 down to 4.4 0-60. (Specifically, it was an “up to 5% increase”, that resulted in a slight 0-60 time improvement for the LR AWD)

Reactions: Sherlo

Performance/Stealth = 2.8-3.0sec...Well for the people who bought the LR AWD already it's too late. Also, Tesla could be stepping away from the "Stealth/Sleeper" models after the end of this year. IDK, but knowing 2k I can upgrade my LR AWD vs Buying a Sleeper I would just buy the Sleeper at the time of purchase. So, why cont. to sell them.

hmmm. Not full P? Maybe I’ll just keep the 2k and put that towards a cybertruck upgrade/option. Tri motor will be no more than 2.9 0-60. For full P, I would have bought it already. I paid 57.5k for my white AWD w 19’s in 2018 plus 2k for autopilot when it was on sale. Not complaining because I did get all the rebates/credits. Not sure if this is “worth it”... for me at least.

• Helpful
Reactions: omkar
hmmm. Not full P? Maybe I’ll just keep the 2k and put that towards a cybertruck upgrade/option. Tri motor will be no more than 2.9 0-60. For full P, I would have bought it already. I paid 57.5k for my white AWD w 19’s in 2018 plus 2k for autopilot when it was on sale. Not complaining because I did get all the rebates/credits. Not sure if this is “worth it”... for me at least.
I tend to agree. I actually would have paid for Track mode without the actual power boost though.

Reactions: Ubersoph
This is kind of messed up. So now the only difference from 3awd and 3p is .3 seconds??

Totally ruins the performance models.

from what I've seen in the thread, I'd say 0.5 seconds difference, plus inclusion of track mode for Stealth.

I sold a dual motor this summer, and picked up a Stealth... I think Tesla actually priced this one pretty fair in consideration to people with the different variants. to my view there've been passed instances of pricing and/or offering changes, that were lopsided in ways that makes this look quite well chosen.

Or purchase a little TSLA...

This is kind of messed up. So now the only difference from 3awd and 3p is .3 seconds??

Totally ruins the performance models.
I couldn’t disagree more. Look back many times it was more cost effective to buy a lower model and mod it faster than a performance model. Back in The early 1990’s a Mustang LX plus ~$500 would get you beating mustang GTs. It’s pretty easy to get a WRX up to an STI... almost a year and a half ago we would have bought a performance all day but not with 20” and couldn’t get a stealth so got the LR AWD. Dropped $2k today and it is noticeably faster.