Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

AWD (Non P) - Will you buy the $2k "Acceleration Boost" to get 0-60 mph in 3.9s (from current 4.4s)?

• Yes, this is what I've been waiting for!

Votes: 65 7.9%
  • Yes, I want a full uncork to Stealth Performance but this is better than nothing

Votes: 220 26.7%
  • Yes, for other reasons

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • No, I only want a full uncork to Stealth Performance

Votes: 182 22.1%
  • No, I don't want or care to pay for any additional performance

Votes: 140 17.0%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 44 5.3%
  • I'm not a Non-P AWD owner, but just want to vote

Votes: 158 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I posted that before the acceleration boost was even live, and there was speculation that it might provide a boost to everyone, not just LR AWD owners. This turned out not to be the case. I definitely don’t have any text about the acceleration boost anymore, and I’m pretty sure no one except LR AWD does either.

Imagine if we did get that option and we went down to 2.9 or even faster. That would be insane but I would probably purchase it Lol!

@MagnusMako Soooo close! lol

Finally got a little test in tonight. It’s been a while. Funny thing is I took the Dragy and left the VBOX. Good news is you beat me. Bad news is I’ll get you eventually. 1.72% differential in slope! lol

95% SOC
40 degrees
Essentially no real warm up
18” aero wheels
.76 % uphill slope

Again, for those on the fence, this is so worth it.
For apples to apples realize a magazine would report this run as 0-60 in 3.4.

Best,
Gene

BBBBE7B9-9B06-4E39-97EE-CA1897CFEDDF.png

9BE01469-E069-4CA3-AEA1-72C4A553F33D.png

@MagnusMako Soooo close! lol

Finally got a little test in tonight. It’s been a while. Funny thing is I took the Dragy and left the VBOX. Good news is you beat me. Bad news is I’ll get you eventually. 1.72% differential in slope! lol

95% SOC
40 degrees
Essentially no real warm up
18” aero wheels
.76 % uphill slope

Again, for those on the fence, this is so worth it.
For apples to apples realize a magazine would report this run as 0-60 in 3.4.

Best,
Gene

View attachment 492253
View attachment 492252

Oh yeahhhh. Club 3.6 ftw haha. Come at me.

• Funny
Reactions: phantasms
Is there anything specific to look for? That thread is massive. I have an LR AWD. I actually have mobile service coming today to do a rotation so I guess I'll get to see pretty quickly what motors I have on my car (April 2019 build with HW3 so guessing probably the 990). I don't plan on upgrading and going to save that to put towards the Performance Y. Who know's maybe the Performance Y will have the 100kWh battery?
That link takes you to a specific post, a post in my opinion that says it all for the boost upgrade.

Reactions: t-rizzle
I’m glad so many are enjoying the boost upgrade! I wish I could stomach another $2K. Would be great if those of us that have FSD, could get a little discount on it. Especially those of us with 2.0 or 2.5 hardware that are still waiting on 3.0 upgrades.

For now we will file the $2K away for the Cybertruck.

Reactions: phantasms
Ok stupid question...are y’all doing one pedal driving/ hold or roll. I understand the whole concept of hold but does it seem like it’s decreasing the acceleration a bit? Maybe it’s in my head. I’m normally a roll person but wanted your thoughts.

Ok stupid question...are y’all doing one pedal driving/ hold or roll. I understand the whole concept of hold but does it seem like it’s decreasing the acceleration a bit? Maybe it’s in my head. I’m normally a roll person but wanted your thoughts.
One pedal all the way. Hold wont decrease acceleration, all it does is when you have your foot off the pedal it starts to enable regen braking. If you are hypermiling on the highway it might make a slight difference to go to low regen as its always more efficient to coast vs regen, but in terms of power there is no difference in max power output between them as far as I'm aware.

I believe the original performance AWD (before any power increases) hit 3.2 or 3.3 (0-60). Could be wrong.
The performance has since seen upgrades to now place them at 2.9 I believe.

That means the AWD non P Boosted is now sitting just shy of the original performance numbers if I have this correct.
That’s awesome. Sure feels like it too. :)

* If I have any of these details wrong, chime in.

I believe the original performance AWD (before any power increases) hit 3.2 or 3.3 (0-60). Could be wrong.
The performance has since seen upgrades to now place them at 2.9 I believe.

That means the AWD non P Boosted is now sitting just shy of the original performance numbers if I have this correct.
That’s awesome. Sure feels like it too. :)

* If I have any of these details wrong, chime in.
Pretty sure the original P3D was more like 3.4-3.5s advertised by telsa when I bought my AWD in sept 2018, because I recall the AWD was listed around 4.6 and the P was 1 sec faster for basically 16k more (CDN). The 2 free speed boosts brought the P to 3.2s...so if my memory is correct the AWD+ is performing like the vanilla P3D from Sept 2018.

• Love
Reactions: M109Rider