Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Active Road Noise Cancellation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These reports have me super suspicious…
I know it's weird, but just saying... I didn't do anything to the car (no soundproofing or such) and the cabin is very quiet. I realize it every time I jump into my wife's Model 3. I also recently got a Rivian R1S which I thought was pretty quiet and didn't drive the S for a week as it was in the shop, and then once I drove the S - complete silence. Super cool! I think it's the ANC.

I know it's weird, but just saying... I didn't do anything to the car (no soundproofing or such) and the cabin is very quiet. I realize it every time I jump into my wife's Model 3. I also recently got a Rivian R1S which I thought was pretty quiet and didn't drive the S for a week as it was in the shop, and then once I drove the S - complete silence. Super cool! I think it's the ANC.
You... think it is? Did you turn off the noise reduction and then turn it back on to test? The S is much quieter than the 3/Y...

Remember - one valid test is worth a thousand opinions...

I have "tested" multiple times on different roads. Also, tested with a passenger who was unable to see when I toggled. The passenger could hear the difference every time.

There is a low frequency droning noise when off on most roads - that goes away when on.

On a few roads, there was no droning noise when off and it showed no improvement when on. This is very infrequent.

I had one of the first refreshes and the ANC was garbage back then. I have seen marked improvements over the last two years and recently even more improvements with updates.

I have "tested" multiple times on different roads. Also, tested with a passenger who was unable to see when I toggled. The passenger could hear the difference every time.

There is a low frequency droning noise when off on most roads - that goes away when on.

On a few roads, there was no droning noise when off and it showed no improvement when on. This is very infrequent.

I had one of the first refreshes and the ANC was garbage back then. I have seen marked improvements over the last two years and recently even more improvements with updates.

Great. Let us know when it filters out the rear seat rattles...

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc and WilliamG
...or the vibrating front end....
Just tested it again on 2023.7.20 last night and this afternoon. While historically it would introduce horrific road noise by turning it on, when I turned it on yesterday and today I can happily report it did absolutely nothing detectable. Had the wifey with me (she's exceptionally musically gifted), and she too said she could hear no difference.

Well done, Tesla! We've gone from being an absolute joke to being just a joke. I mean sure, it's not the latest software update. Us FSD'ers paid a fortune for the junk that is FSD, and also for the benefit of being months behind the non-FSD'ers in terms of features and updates. So hey, maybe ARNR works better on a later update. Guess I'll find out, someday...

Reactions: jebinc