Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ad for battery upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This prompted me to log into their website and send (non-rabid) user feedback saying that console ads would stop me from buying another Tesla. If you folks feel similarly, you should let Tesla know, and not just discuss the issue here. I'm sure they'll take that sort of feedback into account when deciding if these ads are a good business move.

Reactions: M0DEL³
Just started watching Black Mirror on Netflix (AWESOME show with some really cool tech) and the annoying pop up adds portrayed on one of the episodes of that show reminded me of these pop up add on our Teslas. Very scary and slippery slope...I really hope this goes away. Don't forget to voice your displeasure with these ads...

One would imagine that if Tesla implements this as a marketing policy there will be an option to "opt out". No need to worry before something takes effect.

It should be opt-in, not opt-out. Don't display ads unless I gave permission *first*. Products that I buy that don't have ads when I buy them, if the vendor decides to try and make an extra buck, the right thing for them to do is to ask me first if I'm ok with it.

IMG_4854.JPG

Here's what my 70D presented to me yesterday morning. I can't seem to find anywhere in the menu to return to this page even if I wanted to.

Pricy upgrade in Ontario. In fact, $4300 + tax is higher than the $4000 + tax that was available immediately after delivery, as far as I remember.