Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advanced summon for non-FSD model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For newly ordered Model 3s, autopilot is standard but does not include many of the features that were previously included with Enhanced Autopilot (EAP). In renaming that package to simply “Autopilot,” they removed Summon (and advanced summon when that is released), automatic lane changes, and other features and moved it to the FSD package.

Reactions: Leafdriver333
This chart is very helpful to determine if you will get Advance Summon with EAP or FSD.
NOTE: Some of the pricing has change so the chart isn't up to date to reflect new pricing.

2ajuJyy.gif

Just bought a 3 with auto pilot. Wasn't aware of the "auto lane change with confirmation" how can I verify if present?

the chart is wrong. Basic AP does not include lane changing at all. (also wrong because auto lane change WITHOUT confirmation is no longer a future feature- it was released a while back now)

Basic AP is TACC and autosteer within a single lane. Period.

EAP (no longer sold) is everything currently available, plus advanced summon when it's available. Once advanced summon is released, EAP will be 100% feature-complete for all promised features (and is unlikely to see significant future development since most development effort will go into the FSD/HW3 software branch)

FSD is everything in EAP now and in the future- plus additional future features not yet released that will likely require HW3 (which is a free upgrade for anyone who paid for FSD anyway)

the chart is wrong. Basic AP does not include lane changing at all. (also wrong because auto lane change WITHOUT confirmation is no longer a future feature- it was released a while back now)

Basic AP is TACC and autosteer within a single lane. Period.

EAP (no longer sold) is everything currently available, plus advanced summon when it's available. Once advanced summon is released, EAP will be 100% feature-complete for all promised features (and is unlikely to see significant future development since most development effort will go into the FSD/HW3 software branch)

FSD is everything in EAP now and in the future- plus additional future features not yet released that will likely require HW3 (which is a free upgrade for anyone who paid for FSD anyway)
Ok, thanks for clarifying.
Regards

is there a trick to getting this to work? i thought i had my settings correct but it still wants me to move the wheel before it'll switch lanes...

You no longer need manual turn light signaling anymore but it still requires constant slight counter-torque on the steering wheel.

If it does not detect a slight counter-torque on the steering wheel, it would ask one at that time before it would do an autolane change.

• Helpful
(also wrong because auto lane change WITHOUT confirmation is no longer a future feature- it was released a while back now)

Nitpicking a little bit here but it's still a future feature for some of us. I'm on HW3 version 2019.12.1.2 .... Lane change with no confirmation isn't an option yet. Hopefully the next update will bring feature parity with HW2.5

Some recent threads discussing that:
Navigate on Autopilot - No choice for lane confirmation

No-Confirmation Lane Change option not showing up