Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aero wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What about your brakes? Won’t they overheat without airflow? Never mind, we don’t use brakes. Are you selling these? They look awesome. Have you made a set for 19s?
Yes brakes on the Tesla Model S don't see a lot of use, unless you're on the race track. Yes I am selling these, they are not cheap though as the bracket that holds them on is CNC machined Billet Aluminium. I could make you a set for $1200 USD, and let me know what custom letters or a symbol you would want in the middle of the Retention plate. I am currently working on a set for the 19" Slipstreams. What size are you looking for?

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
What's the material of the clear cover, and how is the durability/scratch resistance?
The clear cover is Lexan, it is pretty solid material, I hit a curb once and the lexan got scratched but my rim was protected and saved by the lexan. I have been driving with these on for a few thousand kilometers and they still clean up nicely as time goes on. They do seem to gain minor scratches and lose a bit of transparency but I believe you could buff them up to get them back to their original look. Also the Lexan is not the expensive part of this assembly, one Lexan cover would be about $25, the bracket is the expensive part.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: JRP3 and FlatSix911

Admitted by the makers not very scientific, but the initial difference found is big enough to warrent more testing.
On other vehicles it may be much easier to get reading. Say, with cruise control and real time and resettable consumption dials.

Yes I saw this video, I believe their testing was flawed, It should be somewhere in the 5 - 10% range.
Still, in a range limited car, that's AWESOME. Hub caps are such fashion items and plow so much air...

If you car is on the edge of practicality for your practicality in terms of range, often cutting it close or needing a quick top-up along the way, with 10% more range it's a whole different experience. Especially important on shorter range cars that are extended to the max due to (above all) purchase price.

Last edited:
Still, in a range limited car, that's AWESOME. Hub caps are such fashion items and plow so much air...
Yes that is why i had these made
Cover.jpg

Yes, there are people checking this thread!
Please post more pictures and in-depth description of construction, mounting and performance.

Do you have any thoughts on M3 aero rims? They have turbine-like openings ... do you think they are even better than full disc covers?

Yes, there are people checking this thread!
Please post more pictures and in-depth description of construction, mounting and performance.

Do you have any thoughts on M3 aero rims? They have turbine-like openings ... do you think they are even better than full disc covers?
I posted more info on the self made aero wheels thread, lots of pictures as well. There's a bracket that bolts on when you bolt on the wheel. Then you can bolt on the clear cover and the retention plate.