Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After the reviews what are your favorite features and not....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wish the car could be ordered with consistent tint on the roof all the way back, or no tint at all (that's going to be a bastard to solve cleanly for people who want aftermarket tint but don't want a line, or for the actual roof to be too dark).
Agree with this one! I'm just not going to tint the back. I figure with the sides tinted it will give enough privacy/darkness inside.

Wouldn't pulling out your wallet be just as much of an inconvenience as pulling out keys for any other car?
Less inconvenience if you're next to the car as you don't have to look at it. Of course then having to set your wallet in the cup holder to start the car will be more inconvenient. I never take my wallet out in the car (I'd forget about it for sure).

Also more inconvenient if you're not right next to the car and need to unlock it for someone that is standing next to the car (like a kid that needs to grab something out of the trunk after you've already walked away)

Less inconvenience if you're next to the car as you don't have to look at it. Of course then having to set your wallet in the cup holder to start the car will be more inconvenient. I never take my wallet out in the car (I'd forget about it for sure).

Also more inconvenient if you're not right next to the car and need to unlock it for someone that is standing next to the car (like a kid that needs to grab something out of the trunk after you've already walked away)

Isn't putting your wallet in the cup holder just as inconvenient as putting a key in the ignition in a regular car? (Less so because you don't have to turn it)

I do agree on the opening the trunk bit.

I hadn't heard that. I thought the card had to be placed in the area above the cup holders (and why couldn't they have at least made a slot for it so it wouldn't slide around and be in the way of the cups? )
Yeah, each time you unlock the car with the card you have 15 seconds to press the brake pedal. Same with the center console - you don’t have to leave the card there, just press it there and then press the brake.

Pros
Only viable EV for long-distance travel for the next couple years
Smartphone key (still would like a traditional fob)
Performance and handling (will still keep an ICE with a manual gearshift as the fun car)

Don't Like
All the color options - will end up getting a wrap
Interior color - I hate black interiors, and white will not last as long as brown or grey
Touch screen for everything - this car is obviously designed for self driving capabilities we aren't going to hit for a couple years
Hard bundling of the premium options - would like all the PUP minus the glass roof
Steering wheel

• Informative
Reactions: internalaudit
Pros

Will handle my daily commute (~180 miles)
The HVAC system at least from what I have seen of the vents looks cool.

Cons

No cooled seats will have to look at aftermarket options for this.
Missing a pedal not sure what I will do with my left foot now.
Not in my driveway yet

Undecided

No key fob although now that I normally carry a phone not much of a problem and the key card as backup might be nice. I didn't care for key fobs when they first came out because they were bulky but found the convenience nice.

Glass roof from everything I have read it shouldn't be a problem though.

Reactions: internalaudit
Cons

No cooled seats will have to look at aftermarket options for this.
BUT... you probably won't miss that since the entire cabin can be pre-cooled
Missing a pedal not sure what I will do with my left foot now.
I didn't think of that! I put on my parking brake in my driveway every single time I park it (it's on a slight incline and a runaway would mean flying across the street and down a steep mountainside into someone else's house). Not sure how necessary it is, but using the screen for that might get old. Maybe I need to change my driveway before I put new concrete in.

...I didn't think of that! I put on my parking brake in my driveway every single time I park it (it's on a slight incline and a runaway would mean flying across the street and down a steep mountainside into someone else's house). Not sure how necessary it is, but using the screen for that might get old. Maybe I need to change my driveway before I put new concrete in.
Assuming that it works like the S, pushing the park button sets the electric parking brake automatically. Nothing you need to do.

The car will have a foot rest panel for the left foot. Better than having an old-style parking brake pedal there (or headlight high beam switch — anyone remember those?). For nearly all of my ICE cars I had a clutch pedal there but one doesn't ever want to use a clutch pedal as a foot rest.

Reactions: C141medic and DR61
Assuming that it works like the S, pushing the park button sets the electric parking brake automatically. Nothing you need to do.

The car will have a foot rest panel for the left foot. Better than having an old-style parking brake pedal there (or headlight high beam switch — anyone remember those?). For nearly all of my ICE cars I had a clutch pedal there but one doesn't ever want to use a clutch pedal as a foot rest.
Parking brake is in a setting on the screen per Doug DeMuro’s video

BUT... you probably won't miss that since the entire cabin can be pre-cooled

I didn't think of that! I put on my parking brake in my driveway every single time I park it (it's on a slight incline and a runaway would mean flying across the street and down a steep mountainside into someone else's house). Not sure how necessary it is, but using the screen for that might get old. Maybe I need to change my driveway before I put new concrete in.

I am hoping pre-cooling is enough. However half way through my drive home I am typically leaning forward to have the AC blow on the seats for a few minutes trying to cool my back down. The Tesla may present some interesting options for cooled seats wonder if I can tap into the cold coolant loop or if it is even cold enough.

I meant the clutch pedal was missing. No shifting gears :( Hopefully I will only mistake the brake pedal for the clutch a few times before I learn.

Parking brake is in a setting on the screen per Doug DeMuro’s video
That doesn't necessarily mean that it is the primary way to engage the parking brake. On the S the touch screen can be used to release the parking brake; the car then shifts to neutral and can be towed. Might work the same way on the 3. I expect that we will know more when the 3 manual escapes into the wild.

• Informative
Reactions: Runt8
I like the cup holders.

The cup holders might be a deal breaker for me. In the original version they have separate holes and what I was hoping was spring loaded covers of some sort that pop up. Now we are left with no covers. I am not sure if I can live with this.
Cup Holders.png

Yes it's a slow day at work today.