Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Suspension now a requirement for 6/7 seats? What about 75D orders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do to the extra weight of the passengers, maybe they thought the air suspension better suited the vehicle in those configurations. I have an S on order and skipped air suspension, it causes costly issues in other brands after a couple years.
Hope the "good stuff" is simply my 75D getting VIN assignment for July delivery and none of this "pay the upgrade" or no soup for you... back of the line to September for you!
I can understand putting orders worth greater $$$ ahead of us coil spring, 75D, folks, but it seems unfair to be putting orders with $1,500 in extra final cost ahead of someone who has waited as long as you have.

Reactions: halg
I can understand putting orders worth greater $$$ ahead of us coil spring, 75D, folks, but it seems unfair to be putting orders with $1,500 in extra final cost ahead of someone who has waited as long as you have.
I'm guessing it has more to do with production line or supplier related issues than it does with prioritizing revenue. It's possible they're still figuring out the coil spring design requirements with a 3rd row.

• Informative
Reactions: beths11
Since the design studio now says Air Suspension is required for 6/7 seats, I assume they're only offering coil for 5 seats which probably can use the same coils from Model S and may not see any VIN assignment until Dec or ever.

Sigh, Tesla, you give us the free 75D upgrade and now toy us with the air suspension... I love you, but you making me crazy.

I plan to take the upgrade offer when I receive the call. I'm also considering adding either the accessory hitch or the towing package. Any insight into how that selection choice (none vs hitch vs tow) may impact delivery date?

I plan to take the upgrade offer when I receive the call. I'm also considering adding either the accessory hitch or the towing package. Any insight into how that selection choice (none vs hitch vs tow) may impact delivery date?
From what I can tell, they're delivering both options right now (assuming there's really a difference in what they're delivering, which I'm skeptical about anyway).

Grab that towing package!

• Informative
Reactions: BrianD
Just tell people without VIN assignments that they will WAIVE change fees if they want to ADD more options and stop promising earlier delivery dates if you pay the upgrade. All this does is infuriate others waiting patiently for their order to be delivered and disappoint further those that paid the upgrade and still have to wait for their delivery.

Reactions: halg and ssq
I wonder what's the order to get "the call". I confirmed 1/26 and still haven't gotten a call. I reached out to my DS, but he's on vacation and comes back tomorrow.
$1200 or $1250 seems much more reasonable for the Air upgrade.
I'm doubtful about the June/July delivery...based on all the wonderful information all of you provide in the forums, seems like July/August is more realistic.
Seems like folks would need to get their VINSs this week and next to make June.