Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Suspension now a requirement for 6/7 seats? What about 75D orders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think they give them much info. When I asked questions she would have to put me on hold to ask her manager. She just said I have to give her my decision by Friday. I'll be calling tomorrow with a few other questions. I'll try to get a better answer for everyone.

The bad news (or bad info) is she said also said if I want to use the ski carrier or bike carrier it wont work on the tow package
Well that would contradict actual owners photos of bike and cargo racks in this forum on Tow packaged MXs, Nice Bike Rack for the X..... I would not hesitate to upgrade to Tow, considering it myself although I have coil with hitch at this point. By chance was her last name "Information?" as in "Ms. Information?" She seems quite busy making many interesting statements of late :).

Considering that they haven't shipped any Accessory Hitches yet, I'm going out on a limb and saying that the design hasn't been finalized yet and that it can still change. Much like other options in the vehicle like 5-seat, coils, etc, the whole thing is still in flux and I'm highly suspicious of any DS's claims that would indicate a finalized decision has been made at Tesla.

The bad news (or bad info) is she said also said if I want to use the ski carrier or bike carrier it wont work on the tow package....what?!?! I said it seems to say online that it will work. She said it only works with a trailer that can carry bikes?!?! Can anyone confirm this? It seems crazy that if you choose the tow package that you can't put a bike rack on the thing like the picture shows on the accessory hitch.
That contradicts the design studio, which explicitly says the Towing Package is "Compatible with hitch mounted bike and ski carriers." I wouldn't worry about it.

Considering that they haven't shipped any Accessory Hitches yet, I'm going out on a limb and saying that the design hasn't been finalized yet and that it can still change. Much like other options in the vehicle like 5-seat, coils, etc, the whole thing is still in flux and I'm highly suspicious of any DS's claims that would indicate a finalized decision has been made at Tesla.

Really? There aren't any hitches out in the wild yet? Everybody that ordered the accessory hitch got the tow package?

I have a 75D on order confirmed January 28th. I haven't received a call yet to upgrade suspension. I contacted my DS in Costa Mesa but she wasn't aware of the upgrade offer for 75D's without air suspension. Should I call or wait? I also did not receive a call back when they offered 70 to 90D upgrade for quicker delivery.

Also, if they are offering towing package without the $500 change price, will they also do the same for changing other options such as color and interior options?

The upgrade from 75D to 90D was an email campaign they sent out back in Feb/March. This time, they are calling reservation holders of 75D with coil suspension.

If you really want the offer, you can call the corporate sales office of Tesla and not your DS. I would not pay the upgrade based on earlier delivery, but rather that you prefer the SAS upgrade at 50% off and no change fees.

I have a 75D on order confirmed January 28th. I haven't received a call yet to upgrade suspension. I contacted my DS in Costa Mesa but she wasn't aware of the upgrade offer for 75D's without air suspension. Should I call or wait? I also did not receive a call back when they offered 70 to 90D upgrade for quicker delivery.

Also, if they are offering towing package without the $500 change price, will they also do the same for changing other options such as color and interior options?[/QUOTE]

My understanding is the change fee is waived regardless of what you are doing as long as you add SAS. So you can theoretically change everything else.

You will need to call the Tesla sales team option #2. They will do the deal for you. My DS didn't know anything and took a long time to get back to me. In his email days later he said to call the sales team for more information.

Have till Friday so jump on it as soon as you can.

Not sure what I did wrong above....trying to quote....oh well

My understanding is the change fee is waived regardless of what you are doing as long as you add SAS. So you can theoretically change everything else.

You will need to call the Tesla sales team option #2. They will do the deal for you. My DS didn't know anything and took a long time to get back to me. In his email days later he said to call the sales team for more information.

Have till Friday so jump on it as soon as you can.

Just wanted to add one more data point to the discussion -- X75D confirmed 4/22 with coils and 6 seat configuration. Just got off the phone with Peter at Tesla and upgraded from coils + accessory hitch to SAS + towing package for $1250 + 500 (difference between accessory hitch and towing package). Pretty simple but kind of bummed since I've had nothing but grief with my wife's MB GL450's air struts. Each and every one has needed to be replaced since we bought the car seven years ago, and boy are they not cheap. I was trying to avoid the same problem with this car. With the alternative being a September delivery date, I'm so anxious to get the car I'm willing to chance it.

I got the call this morning from my DS offering me the upgrade for $1250.
I thought he originally said $1200. He also said June.
I started going through the timeline of when VINs would need to be issued in order to hit June (like folks need to know next week!)
But after confirming everything at the end of the call he slipped to say June/July. Probably translates to July/August.

I confirmed my X75D on 1/26. Reasons I took SAS was that I originally wanted it but couldn't justify $2500. Now that it's "half off" it's a bit easier. I don't need towing. I'd like to think that I can be more efficient in driving and saving miles when I lower the car at appropriate times.

Thx everyone for tipping us off on the SAS promotional deal.

BTW, my DS is super on top of communicating and emails sometimes within minutes, but no more than 24hrs on business days.