Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Suspension now a requirement for 6/7 seats? What about 75D orders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reached out to my DS. No word back yet.

I would go for the tow package if air will be at $1,250. I already added the hitch so the total extra cost should be $1,800.

Kinda pricey for stuff I really don't need but if it gets me my car sooner I'll do it.

To be honest, I thought the $5k I gave Tesla over 2 years ago would get me my 75D sooner than folks that order a 75D today.

Haha. Totally agree.

People asked if I put a deposit down for a M3. I said no.

As long as I buy it with all the bell and whistles, plus since I'm a current owner of a Tesla, I'll be able to jump in front of everyone anyway.

I have a MS40 and have had a deposit on an MX since late 2013. You'd think I'd get some priority. Oh well. Just really anxious to get the MX at this point.

Got "the" call today, coincidentally while I was sitting in the X for my second test drive...

I pulled out my phone just to see the number and said "California." And the salesperson joked, it's Tesla calling.

Didn't answer and checked VM after....how ironic.

So it sounds like there is no technical spec that says SAS is required with 6/7 seat config. .?

If that's true, I will take September delivery with a smile. Hopefully car will be closer to perfect by then. Gives them more time to work out the bugs! We will be missing our summer road trip, but delayed gratification is okay with me if it means less problems down the line. Now we will get to use that Southwest Airlines Companion Pass...

Reactions: wang5150
I called a few days ago and asked about the air suspension. They said they would call me back this week. Peter called me today and said he heard I might want to upgrade to the air suspension. I asked if they were going to upgrade for free like they did for the 70D. He said no. They were encouraging the air suspension for the 6 or 7 seats but would still produce the coil for those who had already ordered. I upgraded for $2500 plus added the towing package. I was not offered $1250 to upgrade but I was not charged the $500 change fee. How many of you guys were offered the $1250 deal? He did say that if I did not upgrade my delivery would be pushed back until September.

I called a few days ago and asked about the air suspension. They said they would call me back this week. Peter called me today and said he heard I might want to upgrade to the air suspension. I asked if they were going to upgrade for free like they did for the 70D. He said no. They were encouraging the air suspension for the 6 or 7 seats but would still produce the coil for those who had already ordered. I upgraded for $2500 plus added the towing package. I was not offered $1250 to upgrade but I was not charged the $500 change fee. How many of you guys were offered the $1250 deal? He did say that if I did not upgrade my delivery would be pushed back until September.

That seems strange to me. Perhaps Peter was not fully up to speed on the new offer? I believe they just finalized it within the past day or two and my DS did not even have details yet. Unless there are different facts at play that we are missing I'm not sure why they would not offer you the same deal as others. @Brandon332 actually paid the full $2500 a week or so ago and they knocked his back down to the $1250 deal.

• Informative
Reactions: ohmman
That seems strange to me. Perhaps Peter was not fully up to speed on the new offer? I believe they just finalized it within the past day or two and my DS did not even have details yet. Unless there are different facts at play that we are missing I'm not sure why they would not offer you the same deal as others. @Brandon332 actually paid the full $2500 a week or so ago and they knocked his back down to the $1250 deal.

For those of you that get the air suspension for $1250, what if you decided to upgrade to the 90D? Will you be able to save $1250 on the upgrade?

I wonder the what the resale value on these 6 seater coil suspension "X" would be 4-6 years down the line. Opinions?

If I were buying an X used for about 4-6 years, I think I would prefer coil suspension for longevity. I mean it's not if they break but when they break right? Per component, these things are relatively expensive and I think would be a great selling factor. Especially with its extremely limited nature of 6 seat/coil.

patiently waiting on that call...

Hi all,

Taking a look at the Model X design studio, new 75D orders now require air suspension for 6 and 7 seat combinations. I confirmed a 75D in February with 7 seats, premium and NO air suspension. Does anybody have any ideas why the number of seats would impact the suspension requirement, or is this just to ensure that people don't disproportionately choose the now upgraded range 75D over the 90D?

Also, what do you think this means for us oddballs that reserved early?

Do to the extra weight of the passengers, maybe they thought the air suspension better suited the vehicle in those configurations. I have an S on order and skipped air suspension, it causes costly issues in other brands after a couple years.

My DS knew nothing about the offer late yesterday. He said corporate sales would be calling me. Sure enough, I got a call from a Palo Alto number at 2 Pacific on my mobile and it was someone offering the upgrade for $1,250 with June/July delivery. I can also change anything else at the same time without paying change fee. I will be changing to air on Monday.

For those on the fence about staying with coil, I am suspicious about the fall timing. Remember Tesla convinced many 70D orders to upgrade to 90D to get they cars months earlier. Time will tell, but I think most upgraded 90s are probably only 1-2 months sooner that had they stayed at 70D.

Reactions: mlouie23
For those on the fence about staying with coil, I am suspicious about the fall timing. Remember Tesla convinced many 70D orders to upgrade to 90D to get they cars months earlier. Time will tell, but I think most upgraded 90s are probably only 1-2 months sooner that had they stayed at 70D.

I agree. They did a big campaign pushing the 90D upgrade - many stating an April delivery. I was strongly considering it more so for the earlier delivery than the range but that would have been an added benefit as well (did not care much about the rest of the differences). Shortly after they hooked everyone that was interested they released the 75D which closed the range gap even further. On top of that they did not even hit the earlier dates for most. These two things combined must have upset some of the 90D upgraders - personally I would have been pretty pissed.

It all seems a bit underhanded in hindsight and is giving me pause on this latest 'upgrade opportunity'. Who am I kidding though, even if it does end up only being 1-2 months sooner I'd still be willing to pay $1,250 for that :)

The problem isn't paying the "upgrade" to get the earlier delivery... it's that they promised the same thing to 75D folks that upgraded to 90D with delivery in April and they still haven't gotten any VIN assignments.

I believe this campaign is just a "sales" campaign to get reservation holders to upgrade their configuration with some discounts while waiving the fees. I have no problems with a sales campaign, but just don't threaten folks with a "delayed" delivery if they don't upgrade.

Reactions: halg and BrianD
My DS knew nothing about the offer late yesterday. He said corporate sales would be calling me. Sure enough, I got a call from a Palo Alto number at 2 Pacific on my mobile and it was someone offering the upgrade for $1,250 with June/July delivery. I can also change anything else at the same time without paying change fee. I will be changing to air on Monday.

True, I was told that if I upgraded to the 90D I could expect mid-April delivery or else my 70D would be end of summer/early fall. Now I know that wasn't true and I am still waiting for my 90D