Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alarm on unlock issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In this specific instance we already know what the problem is ... and Tesla has already acknowledged this with several UK owners (one of them being me). The issue is related to recent software 2022.20.7 and will be resolved with a future update. The issue being discussed is not a full alarm but it does trigger up to 5 piercing alarm beeps if the car is asleep and the front door is opened just using the phone proximity "key".
Has anyone got 2022.20.8, just wondered if this resolved this problem?

After my service visit to rectify the alarm on opening issue was cancelled because new s/w is needed I got a service satisfaction survey. I answered that they fully met my expectations - because what happened was entirely as expected. Unfortunately I think my answer will lead them to think they are doing a good job. How should I have responded?

It shouldn't be up to users to find workarounds when Tesla have degraded the car's functionality via one of their updates! They have closed my service request now, but I have asked them to prioritise the firmware update to rectify this
Are you new here by any chance? This is not the first or the worst time they have done something like this. Its part of the Tesla experience. Not defending them its really bad but since this wont be the last time this sort of thing happens be prepared. My personal (least) favourite was when they screwed up the single phase charging so that normal variations in voltage would freak the car out into thinking there was a supply issue and nerf the charging down to 16amps so you got up in the morning with your car half charged. Another issue that only impacted cars outside of the US funnily enough......

After my service visit to rectify the alarm on opening issue was cancelled because new s/w is needed I got a service satisfaction survey. I answered that they fully met my expectations - because what happened was entirely as expected. Unfortunately I think my answer will lead them to think they are doing a good job. How should I have responded?
That's fair enough. They have worked hard over many years to lower peoples expectations to the point where almost anything meets or exceeds expectations so they should get the credit they deserve :)

Reactions: MrBadger
When I responded to my SC I used the comments box to clarify. I recognised that the SC had done what they were able to do at this point but I also said that I objected to the terminology of “issue resolved” in their final summary. Clearly they regard the issue as resolved in that they no longer need to take action but from the customer point of view the issue hasn’t been resolved at all!

Reactions: Jason71
I do wonder if sometimes they do updates on the background as I'm 2022.8.3 and this randomly started happening a few weeks ago, generally only one or two beeps. However have been on this version since march. Puzzling

Has anyone else noticed that it only ever happens at home and that only when it is parked at specific places on the driveway?
Jump over to the 2022 thread and you'll see that it only happens after the car has been asleep - so more likely to happen at home. elsewhere and you'll likely have sentry on/
Not many of us park on your driveway so can't really comment ;)