Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ALL CyberTruck discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm concerned by them saying CT will be delivered this year on the order page. I've had my order in for 4 years and I'm certain I'm not getting mine this year so how the heck can they state that? I cut Elon slack on "Elon time" because I know he means it but everyone at Tesla knows they can't meet that promise so why are they making it?

Am I missing something here?

Reactions: Electroman
I'm concerned by them saying CT will be delivered this year on the order page. I've had my order in for 4 years and I'm certain I'm not getting mine this year so how the heck can they state that? I cut Elon slack on "Elon time" because I know he means it but everyone at Tesla knows they can't meet that promise so why are they making it?

Am I missing something here?
Yeah. You’ll definitely get yours this year if you want to pay $100k for a foundation series dual motor. I doubt there’s a years worth of demand at that price.

Yeah. You’ll definitely get yours this year if you want to pay $100k for a foundation series dual motor. I doubt there’s a years worth of demand at that price.
I don't remotely believe this. There are too many reservations, the take rate even at $100K+ will be too high, and the ramp too slow. Tesla knows this and, unless they prioritize new orders over original orders, there is no way they will live up to the statement on their order page.

The great thing about this argument is, unlike most internet arguments, we will find out within twelve months.

I don't remotely believe this. There are too many reservations, the take rate even at $100K+ will be too high, and the ramp too slow. Tesla knows this and, unless they prioritize new orders over original orders, there is no way they will live up to the statement on their order page.

The great thing about this argument is, unlike most internet arguments, we will find out within twelve months.
The Model 3 famously had no production ramp issues. :p

So, the cybertruck has only a 4' smaller turning circle than a F-150? Kinda embarrassing, with all the hype and cost of rear steering. Yeah, better than common, but hardly wow. My MX is 40', three feet tighter than CT. I had hoped the CT 4WS would make the turning circle even tighter than the X.

Almost as bad as the CT driving range numbers.

I really, really wanted a CT, but it really does not meet my needs - towing, and getting in and around tight campgrounds.

So, the cybertruck has only a 4' smaller turning circle than a F-150? Kinda embarrassing, with all the hype and cost of rear steering. Yeah, better than common, but hardly wow. My MX is 40', three feet tighter than CT. I had hoped the CT 4WS would make the turning circle even tighter than the X.

Almost as bad as the CT driving range numbers.

I really, really wanted a CT, but it really does not meet my needs - towing, and getting in and around tight campgrounds.
I believe Tesla said the radius would be reduced in a future firmware upgrade. The rear pivots four degrees now, but will be ten degrees with the upgrade.

10 miles less than the Rivian with the same test in the same weather

The F150 had 130 miles, but was tested at 72 degrees.

So in line with F150 and Rivian, all behind the Silverado with the monster pack.

It's what people should expect in that test.
How could the F150 get so much more range? The battery is only 131kwh
Either way you’d have to be a masochist to do long range towing with any of these trucks.

I may have mentioned this elsewhere, but we’ve all but given up on the CyberTruck as a practical tow vehicle, for obvious reasons.

But we had to do something. Our 2011 Ford Flex tow vehicle was starting to have issues, most notably needing a new transmission. Could not trust it as it was, and not economically feasible to patch it up.

So, we ended up buying a used 2022 Toyota Tundra, trading in the Flex.

53445553525_c9fac35412_z.jpg

Sucks to be into another ICE vehicle, but the delta between the $42k we paid and what a Foundation AWD would cost would pay for an enormous amount of gas and oil. Also consolidate, because we’re also selling our 2006 Ridgeline beater.

I still think the CyberTruck is cool, and there may be one in our future. Just doesn’t make sense for us right now.