Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ALL CyberTruck discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pricey

GANlCOzakAATP1v.png

Great day in Austin today. Exciting to see the factory even though it was in demo mode. Thanks for @2daMoon for driving me on a tour of Elon’s property in Austin,
IMG_0388.jpeg
the Boring company, the Boring Bodega, the Tesla factory event and the Austin Tesla Club after party. Had a blast.The biggest take away was that yes they are building CTs and will be doing so in ever increasing numbers. The line tour was fascinating and meeting and talking to the employees was really the best part for me.

IMG_0400.jpeg

IMG_0450.jpeg

IMG_0482.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0400.jpeg
    IMG_0400.jpeg
    483.3 KB · Views: 10
In hindsight, I think it was a mistake to list prices when the Cybertruck was announced

Like it was a 'mistake' in April 2016 to announce a Model 3 for $35K? Or recently, was it a mistake for Chevy to announce their $35K Blazer EV, then bumping that to $55K, then kicking the (batttery) can down the road by 2 years? (if ever).

Tesla will achieve their CT price targets in due time as production ramps supply to match demand. Right now, the company can not satisfy more than 10% of potential customers, but they can improve margins. This means increasing prices now to limit demand to the volume they're actually able to produce.

The real take-away from these repeated business lessons? The $25K car will start at $33K when it debuts in 2025, then it'll be 2 more yrs until its actually available for $25K.

Rince, repeat with the 'bot. ;)