Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ALL CyberTruck discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some people are just hateful.

Sadly, a lot of people have fallen victim to to the great amount of disinformation spread by parties threatened by Tesla. Since those parties happens to represent a very large proportion of the wealth created in the last 150 years, they're very well connected (media, politically) and funded and very interested in seeing the status quo maintained and will use any means possible to put a stop to Tesla's growth. This disinformation then also gets spread by bots, trolls and media more interested clickbait than veracity of their articles, amplifying its reach. There are so many haters because all they've heard/read is this disinformation. If that's all I knew about Elon/Tesla, I'd hate him too. A very few people go out of their way to seek out the truth, and who has time really unless you've got a vested interest in a topic.

Agreed, however, if you just look at Elon's direct communications (tweets, X posts, interviews ("GFY"), etc.) , it's not hard to see why some are turned off by his antics, alone.

On the flip side, there are a lot of people/organizations that spin an equal mount of false praise and "rationalization" - as there is those groups that spread false negative information.

Show host badmouthed Jason for liking the CT. Jason claims he actually hates it, hates Elon (understandable), will never buy one, but stands by his evaluation of it.

The Host is a true hater. Hates everything Tesla. He also has Mach E.

Jason had to hate on Tesla above and beyond to defend the fun he had and acknowledge the incredible engineering feat the truck represents. Jason had to compare other OEMs to Tesla so they could both hate the same thing.

They apologized to each other for not hating tesla as much as the other.

I don’t know if I can watch the whole thing so my summary ends about one third in.
CT is product that will initially produce strong opinions, mostly because it looks so different, and because it challenges perceptions about how a truck should look.

Strong negative opinions are a "never buy" which may eventually become "I've changed my mind".

Strong positive opinions are a "buy ASAP".

There re enough strong opinions to sell every CT Tesla can make for a few years, the lived experience of the truck is unlikely to dampen enthusiasm, except in the cases where that really wasn't the right type of vehicle for the buyer, or their needs changed.

After 2-3 years with lots more CTs on the road, they will become a bit more "normal" and some of the strong opinions on both sides will become diluted.

After 2-3 years sales will mostly be driven by recommendations for existing owners, specs, test drives, practicalities, etc

2-3 years ago many opinions about Elon were different on both sides of politics, in 2-3 years time opinions about Elon could be different again.

Many people have blinkers on and can't see 5 minutes into the future, what is important now may not be important in future, What is unusual now may be common and there may be new unusual or controversial things and people.

CT is product that will initially produce strong opinions, mostly because it looks so different, and because it challenges perceptions about how a truck should look.

Strong negative opinions are a "never buy" which may eventually become "I've changed my mind".

There re enough strong opinions to sell every CT Tesla can make for a few years, the lived experience of the truck is unlikely to dampen enthusiasm, except in the cases where that really wasn't the right type of vehicle for the buyer, or their needs changed.

After 2-3 years with lots more CTs on the road, they will become a bit more "normal" and some of the strong opinions on both sides will become diluted.

After 2-3 years sales will mostly be driven by recommendations for existing owners, specs, test drives, practicalities, etc

2-3 years ago many opinions about Elon were different on both sides of politics, in 2-3 years time opinions about Elon could be different again.

Many people have blinkers on and can't see 5 minutes into the future, what is important now may not be important in future, What is unusual now may be common and there may be new unusual or controversial things and people.
I can imagine lots of folks saying in 1900 "Nobody will ever buy those ugly horseless carriages" "There will never be enough oil to fuel them." "Horses are so much easier to take care of and they just *sugar* in the road so you don't even have to clean up after them". "GC (General Carriage) will never go bankrupt making those spiffy buggies everyone wants".

Last edited:

IMO The least important feature of the CT is its exterior appearance. And I'm not including the stainless steel shell in that definition of design.

Dude!!! I got the letter today. I thought it was only for the Beast and didn't realize it's also for Dual @ $99k. I normally provision with FSD and white interior, so isn't this pretty much standard pricing? Considering...

Anyone know what the laser etch looks like? I found this online for sale as a decal. It kinda looks ugly IMO.

View attachment 1003875
Depends. If you locked in FSD at $7k and qualify for the Clean Vehicle Credit, then a regular AWD with FSD is sub $80k, whenever they start shipping those...

Etching is on dash and front quarter panels, tri-motor also has Cyberbeast/Cerberus head on tailgate.

Could you screenshot the options with tri-motor selected? Thanks!

Reactions: madodel
Depends. If you locked in FSD at $7k and qualify for the Clean Vehicle Credit, then a regular AWD with FSD is sub $80k, whenever they start shipping those...

Etching is on dash and front quarter panels, tri-motor also has Cyberbeast/Cerberus head on tailgate.

Could you screenshot the options with tri-motor selected? Thanks!
Thanks, found it also, much better looking etch.
I did order with FSD, not sure the price though, maybe in docs?
1703814241579.png

Maybe this was discussed already or elsewhere, but I assume the 20" Cyber wheels with 35" tires are off road tires. Any idea if these are usable in snow? Am I going to have to replace these tires soon after to get more appropriate all-seasons?

Also Estimated delivery is mid-late 2024. How does this benefit TSLA since that is 6-12 months from now. I thought the point of the Foundation release was to get expensive variants out early.

Maybe this was discussed already or elsewhere, but I assume the 20" Cyber wheels with 35" tires are off road tires. Any idea if these are usable in snow? Am I going to have to replace these tires soon after to get more appropriate all-seasons?

Also Estimated delivery is mid-late 2024. How does this benefit TSLA since that is 6-12 months from now. I thought the point of the Foundation release was to get expensive variants out early.
Foundation AWD is January to March, Beast is second half of 2024.
Tires are all terrain, reportedly good in snow.

FSD was $7k at the reveal, not sure when price increases happened.
I ordered Dual with FSD the day after the reveal. (Wow how time flies!) So you're saying if I wait to order per original agreement, then FSD will be locked in at $7K? And to get the tax rebate, the max I can add is $1K in options (like a white interior for me). Stock tires etc...

The Founders would be 5K more for FSD and no tax rebate. I wonder if I can confirm this since there is no price mentioned for the feature in my order eMail. The sticker prices is also an estimate and the rebates are moving targets so no guarantees on some stuff here.

It's a lot cheaper if I wait, but do we know the value of the included options yet? Like the Tires, Accessories, Charging Cable, and Premium?

INCLUDED WITH FOUNDATION SERIES
  1. LIMITED-EDITION CONFIGURATION
  2. LASER-ETCHED FOUNDATION SERIES BADGE
  3. FOUNDATION SERIES CABIN GRAPHIC
  4. 20” CYBER WHEELS WITH 35” TIRES
  5. WHITE DÉCOR
  6. PREMIUM ACCESSORIES
  7. POWERSHARE HOME BACKUP
  8. POWERSHARE MOBILE CONNECTOR
  9. FULL SELF-DRIVING CAPABILITY
  10. LIFETIME PREMIUM CONNECTIVITY

Attachments