Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All discussion of Nikola Motors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you’re given them way too much credit. I think they will never get anywhere close to developing and running actual H2 fueling stations. IMO the whole brother thing is just to get his brother in on the stock option profits before the whole thing blows up.

Right, to spread the tax hit and suck more money out in the form of compensation.

Reactions: pz1975
You guys have me really worried... I ordered a Nikola One and now I'm not sure I'll be able to get my deposit back.
Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 12.13.10 .png

Edit, in case people missed the sarcasm: at the time, the deposit was $0...

Last edited:
Then Milton should just come out and say they rolled it down a hill. There were comments from him around this video that they were now road testing at that point, so he can't admit it.

The video:

Which says:
Behold, the 1,000 HP, zero-emission Nikola One semi-truck in motion. Get ready for the pre-production units to hit fleets next year in 2019 for testing. The Nikola #hydrogenelectric trucks will take on any #semitruck and outperform them in every category; weight, acceleration, stopping, safety and features - all with a 500-1,000 mile range!

Now, if you have links to statements (and yes, I recognize Trevor started cleaning up his Twitter history after the Hindenburg report came out) to Trevor claiming road testing was happening (his future present tense qualifies) with the Class 8 trucks in Jan of 2018, then those statements would indeed potentially be material for the SEC or shareholder lawsuits.

By April 2019, they did show 2 trucks running on their own power:

And they had an unveiling about the same in which Trevor claims "real" about a dozen times. Yes, he doth protest too much:

I think you’re given them way too much credit. I think they will never get anywhere close to developing and running actual H2 fueling stations. IMO the whole brother thing is just to get his brother in on the stock option profits before the whole thing blows up.

You don't think Nikola can buy and install a NEL ASA H2 generation/fueling station? They're available to anyone:

Atmospheric Alkaline Electrolyser | Nel Hydrogen
Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 12.25.00 PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: LTC_RRR
"The houses you see around you are all solar houses"

They weren't.

Two years later: "We now have several hundred homes with solar roofs on them".

Tesla later "clarified" that this included homes scheduled for install. Reuters reported there were actually about a dozen solar roofs in existence.

The quote was from the Aug 1 '18 earnings call. The reuter's 12 solar roofs were as of May '18. The Tesla clarification included partial installs as well as scheduled. This is the CNBC report that everyone seems to be sourcing for this:

Reactions: Oil4AsphaultOnly
The video:

Which says:
Behold, the 1,000 HP, zero-emission Nikola One semi-truck in motion. Get ready for the pre-production units to hit fleets next year in 2019 for testing. The Nikola #hydrogenelectric trucks will take on any #semitruck and outperform them in every category; weight, acceleration, stopping, safety and features - all with a 500-1,000 mile range!

Now, if you have links to statements (and yes, I recognize Trevor started cleaning up his Twitter history after the Hindenburg report came out) to Trevor claiming road testing was happening (his future present tense qualifies) with the Class 8 trucks in Jan of 2018, then those statements would indeed potentially be material for the SEC or shareholder lawsuits.

By April 2019, they did show 2 trucks running on their own power:

And they had an unveiling about the same in which Trevor claims "real" about a dozen times. Yes, he doth protest too much:

Okay, how about this one: Nikola Corp | Nikola Refutes Allegations

earlier, you asked if Trevor even involved the SEC. So if they did not, but released this press release, then that's an SEC violation. If the SEC is involved, then the investigators will turn on NKLA once/if Hindenberg's allegations vet.

Edit: Trevor Milton is done. If NKLA wants to save itself, dumping Trevor will be the only solution.

"The houses you see around you are all solar houses"

They weren't.

Two years later: "We now have several hundred homes with solar roofs on them".

Tesla later "clarified" that this included homes scheduled for install. Reuters reported there were actually about a dozen solar roofs in existence.
You didn’t watch the presentation? That was the part where he surprised the audience by pointing out the solar tiles were on the houses immediately around them. So rather than just showing the tiles from the stage, they had already put them on the houses. That in no way insinuates they were generating power.

• Funny
Reactions: Doggydogworld
You are seriously trying to support this by using Business Insider? All Tesla FUD all the time (at least at that time). Elon saying that unexpected problems with the initial Model 3 production caused Solar City projects to be neglected means that indeed things could have been done more optimally. It doesn't mean that the Solar City acquisition was a bad idea at the time.

And it had clearly turned out to be excellent. Tesla Energy would be far less that it is now without the acquisition. Although as it turned out it may have been cheaper and better for Tesla to let Solar City be bankrupted by short sellers and then acquire the remnants. Maybe. Who can tell?

But this thread isn't about Tesla. You are not boosting your credibility by raising this issue and making comparisons to Nikola.

earlier, you asked if Trevor even involved the SEC. So if they did not, but released this press release, then that's an SEC violation. If the SEC is involved, then the investigators will turn on NKLA once/if Hindenberg's allegations vet.

Edit: Trevor Milton is done. If NKLA wants to save itself, dumping Trevor will be the only solution.
Um, Nikola is Trevor Milton. It's just a fraud vehicle for the guy. You think he gives a damn about anyone else? You think anyone else has any control over anything? There's no there there whatsoever is my suspicion. Whether he can be prosecuted and his profits disgorged I have no idea, but that would be the fairest outcome. My guess is though that he'll just skip out with lots of personal profit and leave everybody else to pick through the wreckage.

My hunch says that sec made requests of documents after the hinderburg report.

Trevor Milton probably came out to say that he contacted SEC to preempt the nes tgat will damage stock price. In his mind he probably think it was true, because he believe they provided extra information in order to get at the hinderburg guy. SEC probably was trash talking hinderburg on the phone call to get trevor to feel at ease.

And Trevor is doing this cause he doesn't seem to have any training on what can be said or not said in that position Judging from his videos and twits. I am Assuming that that he never upgraded his knowledge in law and finances as his scams grew. So he is still operating his scams assuming that the ppl he is scamming have less knowledge than him.

I think the next thing to watch for is the CEO stepping down as he may soon realize that he is being put there as eventual scapegoat for Trevor when he decides to exit.