Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Discussion re: Tesla Motors Website & Forums

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a (non-working) link to the forums - if you go to Support and then click on Software Updates, the link is at the top of the page along with links to Ordering, Delivery, and Owners.

The My Tesla page appears to be a step backward - with less information. At the top of my page is "Your Service Center Inspection" - which is an appointment for last November. There used to be a link to the forums on the My Tesla page - but that's gone, along with the extended service/warranty information (which I purchased with my P85 3 years ago).

I'd been using Chrome for browsing for the last several years, and because of support issues on a couple of sites, I've had to switch, and I started using Firefox. Everything seems fine with the switch except the Teslamotors website. The formatting is awful. If I open it up in chrome it looks fine, but Firefox has fonts in all different sizes and placement of things in strange locations, just all screwed up in the formatting. I'm wondering if it is some setting in my browser or if others have this issue with their site? It seems to be the only site I have this issue with. Strange.

I have no issues with any browser.

Perhaps the issue is with your Firefox, maybe some add-on or extension causing the problem. Try going into tools, add-ons and install a new theme, see what happens. Keep trying until something works.

It's pretty much all default. The only extension I added was omnibar, and there are no themes added, just default. Perhaps I'll try removing it to see what happens, but I cant imagine that that one would cause a formatting issue.

Thanks for confirming that it does work for you with Firefox, at least now I know its something on my machine. Oh, and I'm running Firefox v44, so its very current.

Try Reload (override cache)
Ctrl + F5
Or
Ctrl + Shift + R

Not that anyone really cares, but I did finally figure out what was causing the problem on my computer. Firefox default font was set to 9 instead of 16. Apparently Tesla did not specify a font size for the main menu header and when only giving them such a small font, it did not fit and caused the strange formatting. Once I changed it to the Firefox default of 16 it shows just like I see if chrome or explorer. Interesting that the Tesla site was the only one that I ran into that displayed incorrectly with this setting. Anyhow, just thought I'd post this message in case anyone was staying up all night wondering if I ever got it resolved.

Not that anyone really cares, but I did finally figure out what was causing the problem on my computer. Firefox default font was set to 9 instead of 16. Apparently Tesla did not specify a font size for the main menu header and when only giving them such a small font, it did not fit and caused the strange formatting. Once I changed it to the Firefox default of 16 it shows just like I see if chrome or explorer. Interesting that the Tesla site was the only one that I ran into that displayed incorrectly with this setting. Anyhow, just thought I'd post this message in case anyone was staying up all night wondering if I ever got it resolved.

Finally. I haven't been sleeping for days here. Well done.