TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

All Discussion re: Tesla Motors Website & Forums

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by vfx, Jan 10, 2007.

1. davecolene0606

Yup haven't been able to get into My Tesla all day.... Got in yesterday and it had my RN for M3 but its bogged down today. though.

Anyone else?

2. palmer_md

palmer_md Member

I was finally able to log in and discovers the reservation noted on the my tesla page. Then an hour later I also got the reservation confirmation email. I now feel complete.

3. vberber

vberber Member

4. jeewee3000

jeewee3000 Member

Hi all,

Ordered a Model 3 today and got thinking about supercharging etc.

After some digging around on TMC and tesla.com, I'm worried.

This is on-topic as the Tesla site is now closed for maintenance, and I was wondering if it had anything to do with all the new products they put on there in the last couple of days.

Besides the changes to the Model S, people on the forums were saying the Tesla Wall Connector was no longer available in the store. I checked (Europe) and there IS a wall connector available, and it says it's the "new wall connector". Has this item in the store changed? And how is it improved?

Another thing, and this is what worries me, is that you can now BUY "enable supercharging" for 2500$. I was under the impression that the supercharging network was free for all Tesla owners. (not confirmed for the Model 3, i know, but Musk says "the same will apply")

Did they sneak this in there? Is free supercharging a thing of the past? Or is this available for purchase for non-Tesla-EV's?

Thanks for snooping around on tesla.com and helping me out.

5. iffatall

iffatall Member

Don't think this belongs here, but anyway.

There are two aspects to supercharging. One - your car should be able to supercharge, and Two - the supercharger that you will use to charge your car.

The original Model S 60 kWh did not come with supercharging enabled on the car (One above) by default, and this had to be added as an option at the time of purchase for $2000. If however one did not add it at the time of purchase, they can still enable it afterwards, paying $2500, which is what you see in the store. Once supercharging is enabled however, charging at the supercharger (Two above) is free for all Model S and Model X.

For Model ≡ though, I think it is going to be the opposite. Supercharging will be enabled (One above) on all cars, as it is, on all Model S and Model X right now. That is what Elon mentioned. Charging at a supercharger however (Two above), I do not expect to be free. This is just my guess though.

6. jeewee3000

jeewee3000 Member

Thanks for the answer. I won't stray off-topic further.

Tesla.com appears to be online again. (the supercharger map and the store were offline for maintenance for me for about 15 minutes)

7. 9837264723849

9837264723849 Member

Tesla changed the link in the header of the site from Powerwall to Energy:
    tesla energy.png

The landing page better feature the Powerpack, on which the company has been increasingly focused since the reveal of Tesla Energy.

There's also a new "Build & Order" page for the Powerpack: powerpack design.png

8. JER

JER Member

I've got a bug report for the UK Model S order page. (I've reported it to Tesla staff, but no fix yet.)

It's been broken since the introduction of Slipstream wheels. Replication:
    1. Go to UK order page (Order your Tesla Model S | Tesla Motors UK)
    2. Select a configuration with red brake calipers (P90D)
    3. Select side view with default wheels (Slipstream)
    It tries to access an image that doesn't exist, and fails with a "We're sorry" message and a prompt to reload the page.

Slipstreamfail.png

Path of missing resource is /sites/default/files/configurator/MODELS_20160412e/1440/STUD_SIDE__RHD/ms_mi01_stud_side_bc0r_wtas__RHD.png

If you select another rim type before red brake calipers, or deselect red brake calipers, side view works fine.

I suspect this happened only in UK because of our market getting summer tyres on all rims; presumably, the code to handle wheels for this market is separate and wasn't fully updated when Slipstream rims were introduced.

9. Elmar

Elmar Member

Another Tesla topic: in the "90 second tour around the Tesla Factory" clip you can see the the employees wearing some of those, therefore I'd like to ask if someone knows how to get such a base cap.Thanks a lot! :)

[​IMG]

• Like x 3
  10. gigglehertz

gigglehertz Member

Hey good news! End of TSLA/SCTY update post:

"The Tesla Roadster entered production in 2008 and Model S in 2012. Deliveries for Model X coming in 2015."

11. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

They must've updated it because I don't see that anymore.

12. gigglehertz

gigglehertz Member

13. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

14. EmmanuelTomlin

EmmanuelTomlin New Member

Hi. Im new here. Happy to be here and looking forward to meeting y'all on the forum.

15. msnow

msnow Active Member

Welcome!

16. Aljohn

Aljohn Member

The Proxy votes have gone out to shareholders via their brokerage systems. I just finished my votes. It was a special meeting with only the merger on the docket.

17. msnow

msnow Active Member

Yep, got ours too.

18. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

I'll wait for the two "announcements" this month before voting.

19. msnow

msnow Active Member

10/17 and what else?

20. Paul Carter

Paul Carter Active Member

What solar roof have you been hiding under? :p

• Funny x 2