Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Discussion re: Tesla Motors Website & Forums

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Ordered a Model 3 today and got thinking about supercharging etc.

After some digging around on TMC and tesla.com, I'm worried.

This is on-topic as the Tesla site is now closed for maintenance, and I was wondering if it had anything to do with all the new products they put on there in the last couple of days.

Besides the changes to the Model S, people on the forums were saying the Tesla Wall Connector was no longer available in the store. I checked (Europe) and there IS a wall connector available, and it says it's the "new wall connector". Has this item in the store changed? And how is it improved?

Another thing, and this is what worries me, is that you can now BUY "enable supercharging" for 2500$. I was under the impression that the supercharging network was free for all Tesla owners. (not confirmed for the Model 3, i know, but Musk says "the same will apply")

Did they sneak this in there? Is free supercharging a thing of the past? Or is this available for purchase for non-Tesla-EV's?

Thanks for snooping around on tesla.com and helping me out.

... Another thing, and this is what worries me, is that you can now BUY "enable supercharging" for 2500$. I was under the impression that the supercharging network was free for all Tesla owners. (not confirmed for the Model 3, i know, but Musk says "the same will apply")...

Don't think this belongs here, but anyway.

There are two aspects to supercharging. One - your car should be able to supercharge, and Two - the supercharger that you will use to charge your car.

The original Model S 60 kWh did not come with supercharging enabled on the car (One above) by default, and this had to be added as an option at the time of purchase for $2000. If however one did not add it at the time of purchase, they can still enable it afterwards, paying $2500, which is what you see in the store. Once supercharging is enabled however, charging at the supercharger (Two above) is free for all Model S and Model X.

For Model ≡ though, I think it is going to be the opposite. Supercharging will be enabled (One above) on all cars, as it is, on all Model S and Model X right now. That is what Elon mentioned. Charging at a supercharger however (Two above), I do not expect to be free. This is just my guess though.

Tesla changed the link in the header of the site from Powerwall to Energy:
tesla energy.png

The landing page better feature the Powerpack, on which the company has been increasingly focused since the reveal of Tesla Energy.

There's also a new "Build & Order" page for the Powerpack:
powerpack design.png

I've got a bug report for the UK Model S order page. (I've reported it to Tesla staff, but no fix yet.)

It's been broken since the introduction of Slipstream wheels. Replication:
  1. Go to UK order page (Order your Tesla Model S | Tesla Motors UK)
  2. Select a configuration with red brake calipers (P90D)
  3. Select side view with default wheels (Slipstream)
It tries to access an image that doesn't exist, and fails with a "We're sorry" message and a prompt to reload the page.

Slipstreamfail.png

Path of missing resource is /sites/default/files/configurator/MODELS_20160412e/1440/STUD_SIDE__RHD/ms_mi01_stud_side_bc0r_wtas__RHD.png

If you select another rim type before red brake calipers, or deselect red brake calipers, side view works fine.

I suspect this happened only in UK because of our market getting summer tyres on all rims; presumably, the code to handle wheels for this market is separate and wasn't fully updated when Slipstream rims were introduced.