Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Glass Panorama-itis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
that is why I made THIS....
one cut to fit for front half, one for rear half...
I'm still working on the fine tuning but when inserted, all the edges are hidden anyway .

1 in thick light weight insulator (sound/ thermal) finished with very nice matching Microfiber cloth, fairly rigid, friction fits tight yet quick removal to use sunroof.. I just throw it in the frunk when I don't need it as a bonus it doubles as a stadium cushion! hah.

Attachments

• 20170807_231432.jpg
    20170807_231432.jpg
    423.8 KB · Views: 98
I have the glass roof and in Toronto Canada and so not really feel the need for additional shade. Seems to be heavily tinted already, and being laminated glass, would block nearly all UV by design. I have my other windows tinted but left the glass roof alone and doesn't seem to be an issue with heat from above.

On an unrelated note, I did have a 30 minute period where my AC refuses to work on a really hot day for some reason, only to fix itself without explanation later on.

thats pretty "cool"heh.. anyway I noticed even with the super heavy stock tint/ IR blockin and everything, in direct sun i can feel the heat a few inches from the glass and almost cant touch it from inside.. regardless of any glass treatments. my laser thermometer broke I was going to take a surface reading

thats pretty "cool"heh.. anyway I noticed even with the super heavy stock tint/ IR blockin and everything, in direct sun i can feel the heat a few inches from the glass and almost cant touch it from inside.. regardless of any glass treatments. my laser thermometer broke I was going to take a surface reading

Oh the glass roof blocks a lot of the heat but it does heat itself up in the process, which will re-radiate some heat back into the cabin. It is no where as effective at blocking heat compared to a metal roof with insulated liner, but it is a lot better than normal glass that lets most of the energy and UV straight through.

Oh the glass roof blocks a lot of the heat but it does heat itself up in the process, which will re-radiate some heat back into the cabin. It is no where as effective at blocking heat compared to a metal roof with insulated liner, but it is a lot better than normal glass that lets most of the energy and UV straight through.

I bet!! Id hate to think of the heat lever w/o it!!
but thats why I made my little blocker/ insulator:) works perfect so far and look good! i leave the back half open but have a cover for tah as well incase some people have a sun sensativitey or just dont like it.

Hey everyone... being such a valued owner with 8000 miles on my S.... Tesla was clearly monitoring my forum and heard my concerns since they promptly designed fabricated an all glass sunroof pop in shade that is now available on the tesla shop store... I just ordered it.

Ah... it's so nice to have such sway with Elon. Always hearing my concerns... especially when I complain of glare in my eyes. :)

Do you still use it? @buttershrimp