Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alliant Credit Union 1.49% for 72 months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got an email from my rep Danial Tovar from Alliant Credit Union: Alliant - An Online Credit Union for all your banking needs
I originally had a 1.99% 72 month loan with them for 100% financing of the configuration price for my X.
Daniel just told me that for all TESLAs they are now doing 1.49% for up to 72 months.

Very hard to beat that deal!!! I'd get on that if I were you :)

My DS was happy that I chose them in the beginning because she said they are very easy to work with and obviously understand the Tesla delivery process even for a state like Texas.

My updated Buy vs Lease numbers now show a $10,800 savings to BUY vs LEASE for a 36 month period with 15k mile lease.
I would have a loan balance equal to 51.1% of the MSRP with the financed loan vs turning the car in with the lease.
Living in Texas means I have to pay tax on 100% of the purchase price whether I buy or lease.
Buy options gets me $7500, lease option has $7500 baked in.
I will also drive the X about 18k miles a year so the Lease would end up costing 9k miles x $.25 = $2,250 more.
This gives me a $13k buffer for which to sell my X on the private market at the end of 36 months if I so choose in order to come out the same or better than a lease option.

• Informative
Reactions: E Dizzle and jeffaa
I just got an email from my rep Danial Tovar from Alliant Credit Union: Alliant - An Online Credit Union for all your banking needs
I originally had a 1.99% 72 month loan with them for 100% financing of the configuration price for my X.
Daniel just told me that for all TESLAs they are now doing 1.49% for up to 72 months.

My DS was happy that I chose them in the beginning because she said they are very easy to work with and obviously understand the Tesla delivery process even for a state like Texas.
I was looking at their website after Tesla steered me to them. Do you have to open any sort of account with them to take advantage of their attractive rates?

I was looking at their website after Tesla steered me to them. Do you have to open any sort of account with them to take advantage of their attractive rates?
I just looked at their website. Looks like there are a few ways you can join, one of them being to make a $10 donation to a foster care association. Look for the join or become a member button. I'll look more into doing this when I get a delivery date. Thanks, op.

I may be paying through the nose between the lease and extra miles I will put on but am not confident what resale value will look like in 3 years and would want the updated battery/autopilot hardware advancements at that time. I do get the business write off on additional miles as well. G-d forbid, if there is an accident, there is a low threshold for writing off the Tesla cars currently. Pls let me know if my logic here is faulty from another perspective.

I may be paying through the nose between the lease and extra miles I will put on but am not confident what resale value will look like in 3 years and would want the updated battery/autopilot hardware advancements at that time. I do get the business write off on additional miles as well. G-d forbid, if there is an accident, there is a low threshold for writing off the Tesla cars currently. Pls let me know if my logic here is faulty from another perspective.
It's simply a math problem. Run the numbers both ways and they will tell you the right choice for you. You can use my sheet to see what the finance option will cost ya:
Tesla Model X Finance

• Love
Reactions: Webeevdrivers
Hmmmm....I'd planned to lease (new car due end of June), partly because I could write off some of the cost, and also because I need to release some cash from the sale of my current S. But, those rates are really attractive. Honestly, I'm not even sure what the actual tax benefit is from being able to write off the payments (roughly 30% biz miles, 14k per yr), but with the relatively uncompetative lease rates, and having to pay sales tax on the entire amount, the loan is looknig like a more attractive option.

Reactions: loganintx
That's a pretty good deal. I did 1.74%/36mo with Western Federal Credit Union and thought that was the best deal at the time.