Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alloy Gators Rim Protection (Pics and info)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On question I haven't seen answered. Can these be re-installed when you replace tires or do you have to buy a new set and re-install when you change out your tires. With the dismal tread-life we are seeing on the 21's out there, I'm trying to figure the cost in if I have to replace these each 10k miles or so.

Thanks!

-Joe

Yes, we have the AlloyGators on our 21" wheels. They were shipped from UK and received fairly quickly. There was also a New York distributor but for a higher cost.

who put them on for you?

I ordered my AlloyGators from Infinityworldwide a couple of months ago and put them on last weekend. I think it looks like they will protect well if you need it and my son thinks it makes the rims "pop". Here are some photos of the Black gators on Silver 21's.

you put them on yourself? Oh, ARGH! Girls can't do that. Any Seattle suggestions for me? Mine are here.

Ah gotcha - did you go anywhere specific to get it done?

Why yes... my garage. :)

If you are the type to do light vehicle repair/maintenance work, installing them is pretty easy. Took under 2 hours:45 mins for the first one figuring it out, and about 15 mins each for the remaining 3.... plus setup/cleanup.

If you aren't up for do-it-yourself, people typically have their preferred tire service center do it, form what I've read.