Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I supposed to receive an e-mail confirmation or?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered at 10:19am Thursday (according to my credit card statement) and finally got email from Tesla at 3am the next morning. Still nothing at 9:30am on myTesla, but the email they sent my confirmation to is the same affiliated with MyTesla account so I'm sure at this point it's just playing catchup.

For what it's worth, I reserved near 10 am CT yesterday and don't have an e-mail either, although my RN is in MyTesla:

Capture.PNG

My Tesla is also very, very slow right now... probably needs catch-up time.

Got my email about 23 hrs later ( about an hour ago). So as long as the CC got charged breathe easy. it should be fine. Also RN # is appearing when i made a MyTesla account today ( before i got confirmation email). Servers would have been overloaded yesterday. about 1,35,000 orders.

@chadever, @FlasherZ

I read somewhere in forums here that you should not reveal your RN#. Is that correct? If yes then please blur it out as this is an open forum. Dont want that someone misuses your RN#

Another data point. I reserved 2 at 10:45am ET yesterday morning. I already had a MyTesla account from my (now cancelled) Model X reservation. I checked my credit card site shortly thereafter and the charge had gone through.

No confirmation email or MyTesla updates until a 9:40pm ET email (11 hours later). MyTesla didn't update until the last hour or so. Definitely beyond 24 hours.

And don't interpret anything about sequencing from the RN. Mine are vastly different - RN1075XXXXX and RN1074XXXXX

I reserved at the Corte Madera store at about 11:15 am Pacific yesterday. Still no confirmation email and nothing on MyTesla when I went to sleep last night. But this morning when I got up I was greeted with RN108069XXX so all is good :)

I put in my reservation at the leaked URL about 2 minutes before officially opened to the public. No email, can't get to My Tesla. Was thinking maybe I got phished but CC charge has legit looking address and everybody else is apparently in a similar situation. They said 24 hrs and I think they knew this was going to happen so not going to freak out until tomorrow. I would imagine non in-the-loop folks and fence sitters are waking up to the news and now trying to reserve so flood still happening.

Finally able to get into My Tesla and my RN is there. Still have not gotten an email, but now not so much worried about that.

If we shouldn't post RN numbers, is there a sequence number we'll get assigned at some point?

Wow .. you just need to buy the Roadster as well to complete your collection :p

Yes I do. And wouldn't you know it, I have an eBay watch for "Tesla Roadster". :) The problem is that the cost is just so high for something that has limited practicality. Even early 1.5's are going for $50-60k before the 3.0 ESS upgrade of $30k. That's just not in the cards unless we see the stock hit $300. :)

I'm not sure whether I'll get the Model 3 or not. It might be more of a "joint venture" with another family member or something. :)

I read somewhere in forums here that you should not reveal your RN#. Is that correct? If yes then please blur it out as this is an open forum. Dont want that someone misuses your RN#

You probably read that from my post upthread. :)

If you look, you'll see that mine are carefully obscured - they're like "SAM PLE" on the license plate.

If we shouldn't post RN numbers, is there a sequence number we'll get assigned at some point?

Tesla has said they will not be making sequence numbers known. Unlike Model S and Model X, the geographic model introduces some more complexities, and they'd have to settle on their geographic boundaries, then create sequence numbers - and that's just too complex.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: gigglehertz
I ordered 7:31PM Pacific and still didn't get an email yet, although my card was already charged yesterday. Not too worried as long as my card was charged. When I get home I might trying signing up for MyTesla if I still don't get an email.