Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Amazed at all the 'disappointment ' threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The performance specs haven't been released yet. 3 seconds isn't happening, but mid-high 4's is well within reach.
The range didn't change on the Dual Motors version. Why would the 0-60 times? This is mine below from the Tesla Website.

reservation.jpg

No, I'm saying that the performance variant of the Model 3 would need to be under 4.5s from a value/dollar standpoint. I don't see why it wouldn't be achievable technically. The comparably lower weight will help significantly.

We all know not everyone buying this car is going to do a "seconds/dollar" comparison when checking the Dual Motor box, though.

And in the EV world, where's the competition for a Dual motor Model 3?

Did we find out...

How the key card entry works?
How the new ventilation system works?
Frunk size? Trunk opening?
Final cd figures (0.23 vs target 0.21) limitations?
Battery sizes?
Motor power?
Exterior changes to nose/other elements?
If rear windows go all the way down into door?
If interior touchscreen is adjustable at all?
What Elon meant for spaceship controls?
What "something special" he had for early reservation holders and line waiters?
And the list goes on.

The answer is no to all of the above. Give us more substance Elon. I would consider myself a big supporter of the likes of Apple, Tesla, (and Fisker) etc but not to the point of blinding fandom - true supporters (and patriots) can not only herald and sing the praises but also provide objective criticism when promises fall short.
If you'd stop posting BS and read, you would have answers to 6 of those things. Most of the rest are not relevant metrics. Get to work.

I think since M3 is still several months away from full production, Tesla really doesn't want to go on promoting it. Tesla just had to show the world they're "producing" in the 2Q, which they sorta technically are now. But the real production doesn't start ramping up at least until December. I think this minimalistic reveal had lots to do with the continued 'anti-selling' of M3.