Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AMD Ryzen & 12v Batteries now shipping in US Y & 3!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SA said that all 2022 model Y’s being delivered in January should have the AMD ryzen said he could only see build date on mine which is 1-4 but since so many are reporting not having them I’m assuming the SA is not correct.

My SA said that all 2022 model Y’s being delivered in January should have the AMD ryzen said he could only see build date on mine which is 1-4 but since so many are reporting not having them I’m assuming the SA is not correct.
Report came out on 1/7. perhaps all cars made after then will have it?
I have noticed a decrease in deliveries which could be from factory switching to new parts and getting ready for giga Texas.

• Helpful
Reactions: MR F and Hvnleigh
It has been in the Press Tesla is switching 3 and Y to LFP in the US. Which models is the question.
the blogs seize on any excuse and hyperbole to get clicks. this is bait. Tesla is NOT SWITCHING MY TO LFP batteries at Fremont or Austin.
If Tesla brings back the low-end MY RWD and/or M3 RWD, there's a possibility those would use LFP batteries.
but Tesla can't build enough cars to keep up with demand at $58K. There's no benefit to Tesla in bringing out a low-end MY or M3.

Reactions: CaliX
CaliX gets theirs today. 355 manufactured in 2022. I get mine which is also a 355 between Jan 14-20 (EDD went earlier and wider this morning).

I‘ll check the door to make sure it’s 01/22 to be 100%. If these ones don’t have AMD, then it’s definitely not a 01/01/2022 thing and is something later. So many of the twitter posts have been wrong or partially wrong. And the SAs are just guessing at this point. I’m only believing facts / actual shipping cars.

I think at this point, we still only have 2 confirmed AMD in this forum.
I’ve seen at least three separate members reporting the Ryzen in their Ys. See posts below. The spreadsheet tracker also shows three Ys with VINs in the 340s. Latest VIN in the spreadsheet is 356 with Atom. My read is that Tesla did a run of Ryzens in late December and went back to Atom to exhaust their supply.

(I hope they run out soon! My EDD is in February.)

Got my new MYLR yesterday in NV, immediately after delivery noticed how everything runs smoothly, Tought it is because new UI i just downloaded.
Gps map is loading so fast and all apps are much faster then my ex 2021 MYSR i sold.
And to my surprise i found out i have new processor.
Built date is 12/21 and win 3391xx.
My friend got delivery on same day with vin higher then mine and his car shows Intel Atom.

Not sure how but i just got lucky.

Also im curious to see if anyone else got it . My cameras are so much better, and video from sentry and dash look much better when comparing my old MY.
Wonder if it is because of new chip or something else

View attachment 749859
Pickup successful!!! One small ding on the edge of the driver door, all the way to the metal unfortunately. EXCELLENT Tesla customer service about it. Mobile service will take care of it next week and install my homelink at the same time. Small bit of schmutz on the passenger seat and headliner. Cleaned up on the spot. I’ve been SO impressed with the customer service I’ve received.

Drives like an absolute dream. A few phantom brakes. Got to visit about every supercharger between COS and Las Cruces.

Installed the holiday update v11 UI as soon as I got home this afternoon. I really like it. (Seems like an unpopular opinion)

It has the AMD Ryzen (born-on date 12/16). Standard rear pane glass. I’ll check the 12v battery tomorrow or the next day when I wash and wax it to get all the road salt off.

Got the screen protector installed. No bubbles or anything. Pretty proud of myself. Custom sounds for boom box loaded. Ready to rock and roll!

In other news. Im super stoked that @pgcoco has a VIN!!! Made my day to see that good news nugget. Hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

Hey guys, im the owner of the fremont Ryzen model 3 that broke this news (Vin 139044). My car was built dec 21st at 4:05 PM pacific time per ODB port and scan my tesla and I took delivery the 28th in Portland around 2 pm. I showed up early and found these changes before even accepting the car! Has been lots of fun seeing the news cycle. I’m active on the tesla discord as “ninerbynature”, you can see the live comment history of how it went down. 2022 MSM LR 3 on 18” no FSD

Reactions: orion2001
I’ve seen at least three separate members reporting the Ryzen in their Ys. See posts below. The spreadsheet tracker also shows three Ys with VINs in the 340s. Latest VIN in the spreadsheet is 356 with Atom. My read is that Tesla did a run of Ryzens in late December and went back to Atom to exhaust their supply.

(I hope they run out soon! My EDD is in February.)
Ok, 3 confirmed AMD in this forum. Hope there are more next week.

CaliX gets theirs today. 355 manufactured in 2022. I get mine which is also a 355 between Jan 14-20 (EDD went earlier and wider this morning).

I‘ll check the door to make sure it’s 01/22 to be 100%. If these ones don’t have AMD, then it’s definitely not a 01/01/2022 thing and is something later. So many of the twitter posts have been wrong or partially wrong. And the SAs are just guessing at this point. I’m only believing facts / actual shipping cars.

My SA told me a 356XXX vin was built on 2021-12-31. That will be interesting to see a smaller VIN is built later.

My SA told me a 356XXX vin was built on 2021-12-31. That will be interesting to see a smaller VIN is built later.
Yeah. Never figured it out. I’ve seen 354 -356 as SA confirmed January builds. You have SA confirmed 356 as December. And we know SA track records.

Door jamb is the final tell. It will have month year. Won’t be the date but it will confirm what side of the year the car falls on.

I don't know how to tell. The door jamb says 01/22. This car was just delivered on Jan 8 from Fremont.
You can’t find exact date on car. Just month. You either need a scanner or supposedly an SA can look it up. But that date on the door means you were made between 01/01/22 and 01/31/22. Safe to say it was before the 8th. :D

Reactions: DrGriz and noobla3
the blogs seize on any excuse and hyperbole to get clicks. this is bait. Tesla is NOT SWITCHING MY TO LFP batteries at Fremont or Austin.
If Tesla brings back the low-end MY RWD and/or M3 RWD, there's a possibility those would use LFP batteries.
but Tesla can't build enough cars to keep up with demand at $58K. There's no benefit to Tesla in bringing out a low-end MY or M3.
Brings back M3 RWD? They haven't stopped production of this car and it has been made with LFP batteries since late October 2021. And there is a huge benefit of selling the M3 RWD. It is the only way you can currently gain entry to a Tesla under $50k. The average CA commuter doesn't need LR AWD. Owning 2 (including the hard to find SR Y), we have only wished we had LR AWD once in 18+ months of ownership, going to Tahoe recently when it was snowing.