Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AMD Ryzen & 12v Batteries now shipping in US Y & 3!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good luck! Hopefully it is a new chip but from this and the other thread, it appears the new chip was sprinkled in prior to the switch over and the 1/9 builds might be where the changed chips. Also location matters since it takes longer for cars to make it the east coast, then east coast folks are probably getting earlier builds currently.
That's right, I was built on the 5th and offered a window from 20 - 22; i will probably be literally the tail end of the old chip. In California someone built on the 5th has probably taken delivery already and I bet from here forward they'll all be the new chip, and it will trickle across the US west to east. Probably around 25/26 Jan east coast people will be switched over.

Wow, you guys actually have an SA hahah :) ! I had to spam the number to get a reply, and even then, it wasn't really helpful AT ALL. Then I called by phone, and to my question about the MCU, the response was "Why do you want to know?", followed by "I can probably see, but I don't know where to look. You'll see when you get the car" >.> . I wasn't really getting answers even to other non-MCU related questions, so my customer experience is a 0/5.

Anyway, add me to the list. Not sure what the manufacturing date is, don't even have a set delivery date, but here's the VIN - 357***
Finally got a hold of someone that could give me answers lol.

357***
MFD 01/08
Intel

I might need to delay it though anyway because life is getting in the way.

I think we may have to be fairly patient on seeing these various new items on MYLR cars. For those still waiting: Happy news - My Dec-28-built car has none of the improvements, I'm running Atom, Lead-Acid, and single-pane.... and the car is an absolute delight. There will always be more things in the pipeline. Just enjoy the effortless glide when your car comes, and hey - they hold their value so absurdly well that if you wanna swap it next year, that's very do-able.

I think we may have to be fairly patient on seeing these various new items on MYLR cars. For those still waiting: Happy news - My Dec-28-built car has none of the improvements, I'm running Atom, Lead-Acid, and single-pane.... and the car is an absolute delight. There will always be more things in the pipeline. Just enjoy the effortless glide when your car comes, and hey - they hold their value so absurdly well that if you wanna swap it next year, that's very do-able.
Exactly our plan. I've placed a new order just in case. Based on the price (June 21) I've got for the one I will get later this month, we might do a trade-in and be cost neutral. Trade-in in FL are great to avoid sale tax - on 60k, it's a big deal.

Reactions: Wigan

Ryzen and dual glazed rear windows. Didn't mention Li-ion. Looking good for my 1/13-1/25 EDD LR MY to have these updates.

Technically he didn't specify if he received dual glazed REAR windows...just said dual glazed windows and might be referring to the front windows.

Reactions: MR F
Technically they are all single-pane windows. The "old" ones are tempered the "new" ones are laminated.

Granted. Having just inspected the difference, the fronts are double-thick - basically two panes laminated together and no surprise roughly twice as thick and heavy as the rears which I'll still call "singles" and appear to work just fine.

Reactions: Hvnleigh
I am letting the term "dual glazed and double-pane" windows get to me more than it should.

Tesla does not use double pane or dual glazed windows on any cars, they are laminated windows.. big difference.

Ignore me, I am just a sour little grape, my EDD has been TBD for 4 weeks straight :rolleyes:
Point taken. Most of the online reports refer to it as double-pane glass vs dual pane (home windows with insulating gap in the middle) or dual-glazed. In the parts catalog it is refered to as "MOVING LAMINATED GLASS" vs "NAKED/MOVING GLASS" for the old style. Laminated it is.

• Helpful
Reactions: MR F
Granted. Having just inspected the difference, the fronts are double-thick - basically two panes laminated together and no surprise roughly twice as thick and heavy as the rears which I'll still call "singles" and appear to work just fine.

Visual for those who don't have a comparison. I've attempted to set these two pics at roughly the same scale. "Dual-Pane" and "Single-Pane". Feel free to share these pics since I think it helps people understand what's what.

Attachments

• IMG_20220112_140247.jpg
    IMG_20220112_140247.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_20220112_140306.jpg
    IMG_20220112_140306.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 62
Exactly our plan. I've placed a new order just in case. Based on the price (June 21) I've got for the one I will get later this month, we might do a trade-in and be cost neutral. Trade-in in FL are great to avoid sale tax - on 60k, it's a big deal.
I'm going to do the same, but I'm going to wait until I can be sure of getting 4680s, etc. I'm hoping they'll come out as a distinctly different trim level, Series 2 or something. If I have to pay more that's ok.

I am letting the term "dual glazed and double-pane" windows get to me more than it should.

Tesla does not use double pane or dual glazed windows on any cars, they are laminated windows.. big difference.

Ignore me, I am just a sour little grape, my EDD has been TBD for 4 weeks straight :rolleyes:
front windows are dual-pane. read window even with AMD chip models are still single pane.