Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ampol AmpCharge network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What about those striped motorcycle parking spots?;)
They're for people who can't park :p

1688015976411.png

Ampol to install in Mirvac Shopping Centres.

List includes (my comments and ordering)
NSW
Broadway Sydney (existing Tesla Superchargers)
East Village (existing Chargefox 350kW site)
Birkenhead Point
South Village (existing Tesla Superchargers)
Greenwood Plaza
Rhodes Waterside
South Eveleigh (has 2 existing 50kW chargers with average uptime, and Tesla has NSW Govt funding for the site)
Qld
Kawana Shoppingworld
Orion Springfield Central
Vic
Moonee Ponds Central (existing Tesla Superchargers)

Almost all the centres have a mix of AC chargers as well, on the whole Mirvac has been pretty good

Ampol to install in Mirvac Shopping Centres.

List includes (my comments and ordering)
NSW
Broadway Sydney (existing Tesla Superchargers)
East Village (existing Chargefox 350kW site)
Birkenhead Point
South Village (existing Tesla Superchargers)
Greenwood Plaza
Rhodes Waterside
South Eveleigh (has 2 existing 50kW chargers with average uptime, and Tesla has NSW Govt funding for the site)
Qld
Kawana Shoppingworld
Orion Springfield Central
Vic
Moonee Ponds Central (existing Tesla Superchargers)

Almost all the centres have a mix of AC chargers as well, on the whole Mirvac has been pretty good
Seems to be a similar deal as with the drive electric NSW shopping centre sites,
Ampol Australia Energy Pty Ltd Orange Central Square
227 Summer St, Orange NSW 2800, Australia
Ampol Australia Energy Pty Ltd Campbelltown Mall
271 Queen St, Campbelltown NSW 2560, Australia
Ampol Australia Energy Pty Ltd Goulburn Square
217 Auburn St, Goulburn NSW 2580, Australia
Ampol Australia Energy Pty Ltd Dubbo Square
177 Macquarie St, Dubbo NSW 2830, Australia
Ampol Australia Energy Pty Ltd Rockdale Plaza
1 Rockdale Plaza Dr, Rockdale NSW 2216, Australia
Ampol Australia Energy Pty Ltd Bateau Bay Square
12 Bay Village Rd, Bateau Bay NSW 2261, Australia
Ampol Australia Energy Pty Ltd Pacific Square
737 Anzac Pde, Maroubra NSW 2035, Australia
Ampol Australia Energy Pty Ltd Singleton Plaza
56 John St, Singleton NSW 2330, Australia
These shopping centre are all owned by Charter Hall.

• Informative
Reactions: moa999 and Hairyman
Seems to be a similar deal as with the drive electric NSW shopping centre sites,
Ampol Australia Energy Pty LtdOrange Central Square
227 Summer St, Orange NSW 2800, Australia
Ampol Australia Energy Pty LtdCampbelltown Mall
271 Queen St, Campbelltown NSW 2560, Australia
Ampol Australia Energy Pty LtdGoulburn Square
217 Auburn St, Goulburn NSW 2580, Australia
Ampol Australia Energy Pty LtdDubbo Square
177 Macquarie St, Dubbo NSW 2830, Australia
Ampol Australia Energy Pty LtdRockdale Plaza
1 Rockdale Plaza Dr, Rockdale NSW 2216, Australia
Ampol Australia Energy Pty LtdBateau Bay Square
12 Bay Village Rd, Bateau Bay NSW 2261, Australia
Ampol Australia Energy Pty LtdPacific Square
737 Anzac Pde, Maroubra NSW 2035, Australia
Ampol Australia Energy Pty LtdSingleton Plaza
56 John St, Singleton NSW 2330, Australia
These shopping centre are all owned by Charter Hall.
Ironically Charter Hall has a 49% interest in BP Australia retail outlets.

• Informative
Reactions: moa999
Southbound at Pheasants Nest is now open.
I tried to use this today to take a coffee break while driving from Canberra to Sydney. We took the northbound exit at Phesants Nest, then the sneaky underpass to the southbound side. Then we were stuck. The chargers were to our left (north) and all roads and lanes were one way to our right (southbound). Not sure if this will change once construction is finished, but if anyone else tries this trick, you’ve got to drive 7km north to the next exit, then turn back to the southbound lanes. It’s not worth the drive, so just find somewhere else. Hopefully, this will improve once the northbound side is finished and will hopefully have chargers.

(As an aside, we made the trip in a fully laden MYP from the Majura Park Supercharger to Sydney north shore in a single charge, starting at 84% SOC & finishing at 19%, averaging 170Wh/km. We ended up not stopping to charge or for a coffee.)

Reactions: RichardV
I tried to use this today to take a coffee break while driving from Canberra to Sydney. We took the northbound exit at Phesants Nest, then the sneaky underpass to the southbound side. Then we were stuck. The chargers were to our left (north) and all roads and lanes were one way to our right (southbound). Not sure if this will change once construction is finished, but if anyone else tries this trick, you’ve got to drive 7km north to the next exit, then turn back to the southbound lanes. It’s not worth the drive, so just find somewhere else. Hopefully, this will improve once the northbound side is finished and will hopefully have chargers.

(As an aside, we made the trip in a fully laden MYP from the Majura Park Supercharger to Sydney north shore in a single charge, starting at 84% SOC & finishing at 19%, averaging 170Wh/km. We ended up not stopping to charge or for a coffee.)
There will be a duplicate set of 6 spaces for charging when the northbound station is finished upgrading. Presumably in the same charger config.

A few photos added to Plugshare - canopies with solar panels and a wooden looking structure.
Only thing it's missing now for the govt funding is contactless payments, right?

I tried to use this today to take a coffee break while driving from Canberra to Sydney. We took the northbound exit at Phesants Nest, then the sneaky underpass to the southbound side. Then we were stuck. The chargers were to our left (north) and all roads and lanes were one way to our right (southbound).
It's just a petrol station. Just wait til there's no other traffic around. It's only a hundred metres from the sneaky underpass to where you can cross into the new car park.

Down at Marulan it's the same thing. Do you really believe people who live locally and work at the northbound service centre don't ignore the no entry sign after making sure there's zero other traffic around? Would they really take the highway to Marulan South Road and back again?

I tried to use this today to take a coffee break while driving from Canberra to Sydney. We took the northbound exit at Phesants Nest, then the sneaky underpass to the southbound side. Then we were stuck. The chargers were to our left (north) and all roads and lanes were one way to our right (southbound).

Where the cars come out from the petrol station directly opposite the underpass is not marked “No Entry”. I would simply wait until there are no cars coming out, then drive in and turn right to drive around the back of the petrol station to the location to where the chargers are.

Reactions: PC__LoadLetter
It's just a petrol station. Just wait til there's no other traffic around. It's only a hundred metres from the sneaky underpass to where you can cross into the new car park.
I’m pretty sure that this is what it will end up being, but that isn’t what it is now. That is the point of what I was writing above. Right now, it’s a construction site and it is very difficult to move around because of the narrow lanes, impeded by barriers and parking in odd spots. if it were just a petrol station, I would be happy to ignore the one-way signs. However, I don’t think that’s a safe thing to do right now when it is only a single lane going in one direction.

In an ideal world I personally would never leave home without both ski gear and a cello in my car - equipment for all occasions. Nearest I have managed on a few occasions is surfboards and skis in my car at the same time and using both on the same day.

Apres-ski cello is I think under-appreciated.

Reactions: bcarp and meloccom
Photo on FB by AttCall Civil showing the changes at Ampol Pheasants Nest Southbound.
(The old station is centred on the top pic, and too the right on the bottom)

The FB post says Northbound should open in August, and that demolition is now commencing on the old Southbound (which should hopefully add more parking - as can be seen from the pic it's limited at the moment which might lead to ICEing despite the great job Ampol has done with the EV stations)

FB_IMG_1688951781521.jpg

Last edited: